Resident Evil Village

GeraltOfRivia

3 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Comparing this with/to RE4 is akin to comparing apples with oranges. RE4 , imho, is the best game in the entire series. The set pieces, story, presentation, feel, characters, style, action etc has not been replicated after that.

Maybe RE2 remake is the next best thing. 

I think capcom should go back to the tps view. I somehow feel re series doesn't go well with the fps view. Capcom is trying hard to change from action/survival horror to a pure fps horror genre, which I don't think suits this series. Stick to the basics. Give us stylised action sequences that japanese developers have a forte in. Though reviews have been good so far, personally, I felt the world to be too clunky and monotonous for an fps experience. 

Agree with most of what you said about RE4. But disagree with them going back to TP. They are already remaking their older games which are third person, while this new trilogy is first person. This keeps things fresh for both styles as they alternate between the two...

Edited by gamer_adi

8 minutes ago, gamer_adi said:

Agree with most of what you said about RE4. But disagree with them going back to TP. They are already remaking their older games which are third person, while this new trilogy is first person. This keeps things fresh for both styles as they alternate between the two...

First person is fine, as long as they balance out those claustrophobic areas. 

Imo, they are relying a bit too much on claustrophobia to scare the player. If you look at the history of resident evil, you'll realise how different it is (now) from the original idea. 

I believe japanese games should have some amount of stylized button mashing action as well. Which 4 had in plenty. Capcom has / is removing it completely now. 

Edited by radicaldude

2 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

This is exactly how i felt about the 2 demos, it seemed just fine...

3 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

First person is fine, as long as they balance out the claustrophobic areas. 

Imo, they are relying a bit too much on claustrophobia to scare the player. If you look at the history of resident evil, you'll realise how different it is (now) from the original idea. 

I believe japanese games should have some amount of stylized button mashing action as well. Which 4 had in plenty. Capcom has / is removing it completely now. 

They change their entire style after every trilogy, kinda admire that in a developer.

I think I'll get this later in some sale. More excited for Metro Exodus EE right now.

24 minutes ago, gamer_adi said:

Frickin' gamespot ruined re7 for me in their review :ranting:

Don't GS reviews have a spoiler warning right at the beginning? 

51 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Hope game bombs, so that i can get my regular third person RE games back.

Ya im wishing game to fail. Come at me Sach u beyaatch :devil:

I didnr buy it for the same reason, picked it up with psnow in nov. 

Trust me, its the best RE game in years. After q hour you wont even notice. And I generally dont even like fps games.