The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

14 minutes ago, Right said:
C-giri, doesn't end. Another one....

At least they're following proper protocol. You should see some of the idiots getting married in Delhi.

Also...

Edited by TRMNTR
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hsk_colossus said:

more like dissolve IMA and form a new association with non medicos leading it 

I will NOT be surprised after what happened with NMC. :nerves:

1 hour ago, Walker said:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/economy/foreign-trade/cos-face-customs-duty-igst-on-fake-goods-from-china/articleshow/82263985.cms

China, man. You CANNOT trust China. 

1 hour ago, Right said:

wow

Believable ? No idea. But the statement - "India wants everything to be coordinated through PMO" makes me believe it is true. :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Right said:

First Corona case in my society, 12yo kid. :(

Thankfully, no one in his family are.

So this is what that happened.

This family flew in from other city, they got RTPCR done on the landing and after two days they got report that man in the family is positive.

They didn't inform to the society and kept it to themselves. But before getting report, their kid was playing with other kids.

Now, we are gonna get testing done for everyone in the apartment tomorrow.

• Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Right said:

So this is what that happened.

This family flew in from other city, they got RTPCR done on the landing and after two days they got report that man in the family is positive.

They didn't inform to the society and kept it to themselves. But before getting report, their kid was playing with other kids.

Now, we are gonna get testing done for everyone in the apartment tomorrow.

Such callous attitude and careless behaviour. 

At an online meeting on Sunday evening, Adityanath asked senior administrative and police officers, including divisional commissioners and inspectors-general, to crack down on hospitals that discharge patients citing an oxygen shortage or complain to the media about the crisis, a senior health department official said.

“The chief minister said that action must be initiated against hospitals that put up notices saying they had no oxygen and the patients should be shifted elsewhere. He said there should be a probe to establish whether they deliberately tried to create panic,” the official said.

An executive of a private hospital in Lucknow, who asked not to be named, said: “I invite him (Adityanath) to visit every hospital and audit the oxygen supply. If he does so honestly, he would find himself guilty of having left the hospitals and the people in the lurch.”

https://www.telegraphindia.com/amp/india/coronavirus-outbreak-yogi-orders-crack-down-on-hospitals-flagging-oxygen-shortage/cid/1813775

I know a few gamers I play Apex with. Living in Bangalore did not get parents vaccinated, and no plans to get themselves vaccinated on may 1st.

Usual response : 'I'll wait for a better vaccine'

And I'm told I've taken a risk by vaccinating my mom. 

8 minutes ago, AnK said:

Politics was also involved in creating hesitancy 

One of the major contributors of the hesitancy was the rolling trial of Covaxin.

I do understand that there was just not enough time but things could have been handled way better. Even now, they are releasing data in parts.

Govt. shot itself in the foot and now is shifting the blame to people by saying that population just don't trust the vaccines.

I was hesitant to get mom vaccinated tbh. Was thinking I'll do it later once we know its safe.  But went against my fear and did it anyway. No regrets now. 

Now hope no issues come when going for 2nd dose. I wonder whether the stock is there .

Edited by dylanjosh

7 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

I know a few gamers I play Apex with. Living in Bangalore did not get parents vaccinated, and no plans to get themselves vaccinated on may 1st.

Usual response : 'I'll wait for a better vaccine'

And I'm told I've taken a risk by vaccinating my mom. 

I find it hard to blame these guys in the sense that they have been educated with the mis-represented information.

What will the common man infer when they just hear efficacy rates and not how vaccines are almost 100% effective against critical illness?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Till few days back, people over here were drumming up efficacy as the end all be all metric to judge vaccines by. 

Forget about family WhatsApps, lol. 

Lol, I have mentioned here countless times about which metrics to look for.

But I am happy to see that people over here have started to learn.

43 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I find it hard to blame these guys in the sense that they have been educated with the mis-represented information.

What will the common man infer when they just hear efficacy rates and not how vaccines are almost 100% effective against critical illness?

Yeah, I had those doubts too. Talked to my family doctor and another doctor my mom visits. Both suggested to get vaccine, doesn't matter govt or private hospital, and mom went and got it free from govt hospital before I could even come home. Side effects hit her hard but she recovered, got second dose last week and she's getting better.

This efficacy discussion really put off a lot of people from getting their parents vaccinated earlier.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

One of the major contributors of the hesitancy was the rolling trial of Covaxin.

I do understand that there was just not enough time but things could have been handled way better. Even now, they are releasing data in parts.

Govt. shot itself in the foot and now is shifting the blame to people by saying that population just don't trust the vaccines.

Covaxin was targeted for reasons I cannot mention here.

But the truth will come out someday.

• Like 1