The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

39 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

MH is sitting with nearly 3.5lac active cases. They need a full blown lockdown. Nothing else will do. 

Lives need to be saved now. 

Ya rumors are about 2nd to 17th April. But don't think so implementation will be strict. As long as they close bars, pubs, restaurants, malls, cinema halls, marriage halls, and reduce attendance in offices, it should be sufficient. 

The holi restrictions were a big joke. So many of my friends celebrated holi in groups in their society, because restrictions were only about public gathering of more than 5 people. Societies didn't have such restrictions. My whatsapp statuses were full of such pics.

2 hours ago, hope said:

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

Earlier it was 11 pm to 6 am :giggle:

That article is incorrect. Public places and shops are not to remain open beyond 8 pm. You can still go out at 8 and get back by 11 pm. That's when the actual curfew for public starts. Even that's not very strict. You can roam about at night if you have a valid reason.

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Yeah & if you don’t get married or reproduce 

You are an outcast of society,looked down upon 

Probably left alone & not really brought into the social belongings around you 

Sounds pretty neat if you ask me. I'm about 80% there :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

Ya rumors are about 2nd to 17th April. But don't think so implementation will be strict. As long as they close bars, pubs, restaurants, malls, cinema halls, marriage halls, and reduce attendance in offices, it should be sufficient. 

The holi restrictions were a big joke. So many of my friends celebrated holi in groups in their society, because restrictions were only about public gathering of more than 5 people. Societies didn't have such restrictions. My whatsapp statuses were full of such pics.

#Sir100crhow ? 

Ps- I hope your parents are recovering well?

Edited by radicaldude

2 hours ago, AnK said:

Yeah & if you don’t get married or reproduce 

You are an outcast of society,looked down upon 

Probably left alone & not really brought into the social belongings around you 

Government should be thanking them. They should be given certificates/passes for free beer and broadband for the rest of their lives. \m/

Edited by radicaldude
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

#Sir100crhow ? 

Ps- I hope your parents are recovering well?

Yes currently both have no symptoms. This is a very critical week, hope no new symptoms develop.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Keep in constant touch with docs. They might prescribe some medicines as well 

Yeah they have given 14 days dose and asked to monitor temperature and oxygen every 2 hours. If oxygen falls below 95 they have asked to do CT scan of chest and then let them know. So far oxygen is 97-99. Most important thing is that throat infection or cough shouldn't develop. If 10-12 days are passed without developing cough then we should be relatively fine. Will do antibody test for everyone next week. Mom's 11 days since fever are completed today. No idea when dad got infected but he tested positive on Thursday. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

MH is sitting with nearly 3.5lac active cases. They need a full blown lockdown. Nothing else will do. 

Lives need to be saved now. 

I'd like a country wide lockdown frankly.

College is opening for the final few weeks of the semester. We need to sign a consent form which says the University isn't responsible if we get covid or anything. If I don't sign that sh*t, I can't go to college and sit for exams. This is arguably the worst time to open college gates. Plus we need RT PCR tests 48 hours prior. I don't wanna go get this done, presumably at a lab/hospital because I could catch the virus there.

College hostels are open, people are interacting freely without masks. So many people are coming from different states, or even different countries. I myself will have to take the Delhi metro everyday to go to college, and then interact with all these people. 

Lockdown is so not the solution, if people dying is the benchmark then lockdown causes more people to die than Corona. All the lockdown does is not overburden the medical facilities....with most people home quarantining the hospitals wouldn't get overwhelmed. 
We need to learn to live with precautions, stricter enforcement of masks and Sec 144 is what is required.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blitzkreiig said:

Lockdown is so not the solution, if people dying is the benchmark then lockdown causes more people to die than Corona. All the lockdown does is not overburden the medical facilities....with most people home quarantining the hospitals wouldn't get overwhelmed. 
We need to learn to live with precautions, stricter enforcement of masks and Sec 144 is what is required.

Yep. Pretty easy for people like us to talk about complete lockdowns as we can just work from home without issues.

• Like 1

Yeah I know people who weren't getting paid since 6-8 months who finally started getting their salaries when restrictions were lifted. A lockdown would be downright evil for a lot of people. 
Even the most financially disciplined people don't have the funds to tough out something like this let alone the daily wage labourers, rickshaw drivers and such. 
Exactly

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

I'd like a country wide lockdown frankly.

Shouldnt happen. Wont happen.

Even the 8PM to 7AM is opposed in Pune. Shopkeepers saying most footfalls are in the evenings only. They are asking to start from 10 PM.

There should be strict penalties for not following covid appropriate behaviour. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/london-records-0-covid19-deaths-first-time-six-months-b926781.html?s=01

Population of UK is less than that of delhi. I wonder 0 covid deaths is due to vaccination or due to lockdown restrictions which are yet to be eased. They enforced strict measures in January (when the spike started). 

Ps- this article just talks about London though 

Situation in Maharashtra is pretty grim with oxygen bed shortages cropping up. 30% of all Covid beds are occupied and if we keep getting 40k positive cases per day, the vacant beds won't last long. What are the options to stop the spread apart from lockdown?

Those who can WFH are also going out to party every weekend, and because of such idiots the lockdown might happen and poor people will suffer. The WFH guys will just sit at home on weekends then and cry about lockdown on social media. 

But then if wfh guys sit at home, how will restaurant and pub owners earn their livelihood? So again, what's the solution? Not everyone can win. Only corona wins. 

Vaccination is a great strategy but with 2 doses, it takes around a month minimum to develop resistance. I wish there was a single dose vaccine that developed antibodies in a week.

I think ppl are still underestimating the brunt of the population of India. 

Even if we assume that the vaccine will work on 8/ 10 ppl, India would still have the maximum number of potential patients (susceptible to the virus) even after 2 doses. 

Also as we are not a homogeneous population, the virus can easily mutate 

It's not just the people but the institutions as well. @Chirag2001 you aren't alone. A friend of mine studying in IP was refused provision for online exams even though a family member was just found to be Corona +ve.

She was given the choice to either miss the mid-terms (not possible because she has plans for higher studies later on) or get a Corona test and come with full PPE.

I mean even if she tests -ve (doubtful), the +ve person stays in her house, she can easily spread the damn thing.

If she wanted to go this route then she could have just not disclosed it in the first place. Stupid colleges, they don't want to put in the effort to conduct online exam for kids and would rather let them die.

2 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

It's not just the people but the institutions as well. @Chirag2001 you aren't alone. A friend of mine studying in IP was refused provision for online exams even though a family member was just found to be Corona +ve.

She was given the choice to either miss the mid-terms (not possible because she has plans for higher studies later on) or get a Corona test and come with full PPE.

I mean even if she tests -ve (doubtful), the +ve person stays in her house, she can easily spread the damn thing.

If she wanted to go this route then she could have just not disclosed it in the first place. Stupid colleges, they don't want to put in the effort to conduct online exam for kids and would rather let them die.

I don't see rallies happening in PPEs then why exams? 

Edited by radicaldude

3 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Situation in Maharashtra is pretty grim with oxygen bed shortages cropping up. 30% of all Covid beds are occupied and if we keep getting 40k positive cases per day, the vacant beds won't last long. What are the options to stop the spread apart from lockdown?

Those who can WFH are also going out to party every weekend, and because of such idiots the lockdown might happen and poor people will suffer. The WFH guys will just sit at home on weekends then and cry about lockdown on social media. 

But then if wfh guys sit at home, how will restaurant and pub owners earn their livelihood? So again, what's the solution? Not everyone can win. Only corona wins. 

Vaccination is a great strategy but with 2 doses, it takes around a month minimum to develop resistance. I wish there was a single dose vaccine that developed antibodies in a week.

I read a report that Centre rejected BMC's request for door to door vaccination for 1.5L old citizens. What the hell! 

I mean logistics might be an issue but pretty sure there will be enough cold storage to carry it out.