The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

3 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Do we have any timeline when the vaccine will start for 35+ people?

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

And what about 25 year olds? Pretty sure by then all of us would have recovered by asymptomatic Corona.

20 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

And what about 25 year olds? Pretty sure by then all of us would have recovered by asymptomatic Corona.

I am not expecting that before Oct-Nov unless people are not getting vaccinated then they might open it up earlier to get the numbers up. Hopefully we might have a single shot vaccine in India by then.

1 hour ago, djdgr8 said:

I am not expecting that before Oct-Nov unless people are not getting vaccinated then they might open it up earlier to get the numbers up. Hopefully we might have a single shot vaccine in India by then.

Few of my friends in US are getting the J&J single shot vaccine. One had mild discomfort for a day but the rest didn't.

By year end we should have some single shot vaccine in India.

6 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Do we have any timeline when the vaccine will start for 35+ people?

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

1 hour ago, djdgr8 said:

I don't expect there will be a new category for "35+". We will get 45+ (everyone - non-morbidity) and after that it will be either 25-45 (morbidity) or 25-45 (everyone) with children vaccines coming much later after testing. Opening a category for just 35-45 after the 45 one seems stupid tbh. Don't think there is much of a risk difference between 25 y/o and 35 y/o.

6 minutes ago, roun90 said:

I don't expect there will be a new category for "35+". We will get 45+ (everyone - non-morbidity) and after that it will be either 25-45 (morbidity) or 25-45 (everyone) with children vaccines coming much later after testing. Opening a category for just 35-45 after the 45 one seems stupid tbh. Don't think there is much of a risk difference between 25 y/o and 35 y/o.

I don't think it's about managing risks more like managing supply chains and demand. India is a relatively young country I imagine more people are in the 25-35 range than 35-45. If they can figure supply chain out I can see 18+ being enabled directly after 45. At 2 mil vaccines a day it's not going to be enough to vaccinate the whole country in a reasonable time frame.

4 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

@Big Boss: Hi mate, how is your Mother now? Has the fever subsided?

P.S. - Your Inbox is still not accepting messages.

Hi. Yes mother has no symptoms now. Fever not there since 3 days. But father is having fever and weakness from today. Fever was 99.4 in afternoon but now it's not there after taking paracetamol. Oxygen levels are in range of 97-99 for both. Mom had loss of smell too. Tomorrow will check sugar levels of dad. I hope his symptoms are even milder than mom and recovers quickly.

I will check what is wrong with my pm. Some setting probably.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Hi. Yes mother has no symptoms now. Fever not there since 3 days. But father is having fever and weakness from today. Fever was 99.4 in afternoon but now it's not there after taking paracetamol. Oxygen levels are in range of 97-99 for both. Mom had loss of smell too. Tomorrow will check sugar levels of dad. I hope his symptoms are even milder than mom and recovers quickly.

I will check what is wrong with my pm. Some setting probably.

My sis has fever and unable to smell stuff. Most likely she has covid. Can you share details of the home collection service you have used? If you gone for home collection.

6 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

My sis has fever and unable to smell stuff. Most likely she has covid. Can you share details of the home collection service you have used? If you gone for home collection.

Yes she definitely has Covid. I used services of metropolis lab and suburban diagnostic. Register on their site and they will call back.

Metropolis called back faster so I did mom's test from them, but they gave result next day afternoon.

Then I decided to do tests again for entire family. Suburban hadn't called yet, but I had number of local guy and he sent a guy for tests. Took samples at 9 am in morning, have results for negative tests by 7 pm same day and positive tests by 11 pm night.

Edit: based on several web articles i read, loss of smell is associated with mild Covid. So your sister should be fine. Just do home isolation asap so that it doesn't spread.

Edited by Big Boss
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, hazard12345 said:

For those who have taken the 1st jab. Do you get a certificate for that ?

Yeah dad got one. You can get the certificate online from the cowin website after the jab takes place. No physical certificate was given at the vaccination center.

Edited by djdgr8

Just did a routine test  for travelling out of Maharashtra and 3 memebers of my family (my sister, aunt and her 8 year old daughter) came out positive. No symptoms or anything. Im pretty sure I am/was too as I have had a loss of taste and smell 12-15 days ago and still haven't regained it completely.