The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

UK and Canada were already giving the 2nd dose after 12-16 weeks so it's not that Indian govt. thought it out of nowhere. Studies anyway show a better efficacy at 12+ weeks, it is just that people will find it extremely difficult to keep themselves tucked in for that much time.

• Like 1

we have fallen down a rabbit hole. now government wants to increase the time limit between two shots ( should have been done long ago) which will obviously be more effective and will obviously also give some breathing space, people will find faults with that too.  i would gladly wait 12+ weeks and would welcome the step if it provides me with better immunity. my 2nd shot is supposed to be next month, it can be used to vaccinate someone else and give that person much needed protection. i wont be complaining if my 2nd dose isnt given in a hurry which wont even offer me the same protection that waiting for 4 weeks more would get me. 

Edited by Bhpian Bali
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bhpian Bali said:

we have fallen down a rabbit hole. now government wants to increase the time limit between two shots ( should have been done long ago) which will obviously be more effective and will obviously also give some breathing space, people will find faults with that too.  i would gladly wait 12+ weeks and would welcome the step if it provides me with better immunity. my 2nd shot is supposed to be next month, it can be used to vaccinate someone else and give that person much needed protection. i wont be complaining if my 2nd dose is given in a hurry and doesnt even offer me the same protection that waiting for 4 weeks more would get me. 

Ikr. These lefties and opposition I tell you! Commies too, always with the propaganda man. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/hyderabad/self-medication-on-the-rise-as-experts-warn-of-dangers/articleshow/82588438.cms#_ga=2.52258991.786795894.1616215873-amp-m_WUwnsb6xszxV8_cm7wj4zd3ZjzZZCbm24RcXB4k_GOTxJ1nLmgEOd08EFeoZrk

Wtf? People are testing positive even after 1-1.5 months? I didn't even get Rtpcr done for my family and they are out of isolation after 1 month. 

13 minutes ago, AnK said:

The maximum gap so far that I read about was 3 months 

I never saw anyone say anything about 4months till today 

Canada did inoculate at 16 weeks, they had their own little study but amidst all the current news I am having a hard time trying to find it.

9 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/hyderabad/self-medication-on-the-rise-as-experts-warn-of-dangers/articleshow/82588438.cms#_ga=2.52258991.786795894.1616215873-amp-m_WUwnsb6xszxV8_cm7wj4zd3ZjzZZCbm24RcXB4k_GOTxJ1nLmgEOd08EFeoZrk

Wtf? People are testing positive even after 1-1.5 months? I didn't even get Rtpcr done for my family and they are out of isolation after 1 month. 

Most probably dead virus RNA being amplified.

Too bad we don't have much data about this.

16 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

I'm not sure how widespread that is but one colleague's mother in Poland tested positive for more than a month. Last was in Feb iirc.

2 minutes ago, Walker said:

I'm not sure how widespread that is but one colleague's mother in Poland tested positive for more than a month. Last was in Feb iirc.

8 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Hopefully it's dead RNA then. Otherwise:images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStoghp7vLWRF7kUSE_TDu

I think what matters most is if you are not a spreader anymore then it's okay to come out of isolation irrespective of your test result . 

And that time seems to be 10 days from onset of symptoms (and 3 days w/o fever ) for mild infections for those under home isolation. 

And for those who have recovered after treatment in hospital it's 7/10 days after discharge . 

Edited by Krazyniks

37 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Well, a kid in society tested positive full 17 days after he came in contact of someone who was infected here in the building.

He developed symptoms on 14th day.

He was  tested RTPCR negative in between when whole society was in frenzy.

11 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

I think what matters most is if you are not a spreader anymore then it's okay to come out of isolation irrespective of your test result . 

And that time seems to be 10 days from onset of symptoms (and 3 days w/o fever ) for mild infections for those under home isolation. 

And for those who have recovered after treatment in hospital it's 7/10 days after discharge . 

All this is based on first wave data. No one knows or even had enough time to collect and analyse the data from 2nd wave, especially with the mutant variants. Hopefully it's same as first wave.

3 minutes ago, Right said:

Well, a kid in society tested positive full 17 days after he came in contact of someone who was infected here in the building.

He developed symptoms on 14th day.

He was  tested RTPCR negative in between when whole society was in frenzy.

The ending of home isolation is 10-17 days after your 1st symptom or positive test. Now if someone tests positive and then develops symptoms after 10 days of positive test, then will isolation duration be calculated from date of symptoms or date of positive test? I think it will be from date of symptoms? It's kinda confusing. Usually symptoms occur after 2-3 days of positive tests. But again there is no data available.

In the kids case, he might have been infected after negative test or the incubation period was 14 days. We need proper data and data analysis. Hopefully someone in government is doing that.

Calculation should be done from date of symptoms I believe and not date of test 

. Yeah majority of the data is from the first wave but I think ( hopeful actually ) the pattern would be the same .

I have seen most doctors say " The virus is the same , treatment is also the same and so is the recovery time " 

Edited by Krazyniks

59 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

No way to be sure unfortunately. I don't know what to do if I am positive again after 21 days. :wallbash:

One on hand, I think they're dead RNA, OTOH, I just don't want to take even a miniscule chance of infecting my daughters. :cry:

• Sad 3

16 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

The ending of home isolation is 10-17 days after your 1st symptom or positive test. Now if someone tests positive and then develops symptoms after 10 days of positive test, then will isolation duration be calculated from date of symptoms or date of positive test? I think it will be from date of symptoms? It's kinda confusing. Usually symptoms occur after 2-3 days of positive tests. But again there is no data available.

In the kids case, he might have been infected after negative test or the incubation period was 14 days. We need proper data and data analysis. Hopefully someone in government is doing that.

Yes. There was a panel of doctors in one of a program on TV(talking sensible and practical things), they specifically mentioned to count 10 days from the last day you had any symptom and can then come out of home isolation. Other than that panel discussion havnt checked any other source though.

Personally, I remember having very mild fever and throat infection just for one day on 26th march and when I went for RT-PCR on 16th April, it came out to be +ive. I had no clue as I had no symptoms at all. Have met many people in this duration from 60+ to 6 months old. And can't thank god enough, that I wasnt a spreader and no-one caught it from me. 

No symptoms at all after 16th Apr too. Recent RT-PCR done on 5th may, it came -ive.

• Like 1

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/coronavirus-unnao-up-doctors-quit-from-posts-over-unending-covid-review-meetings-we-have-to-prove-weve-worked-2440686?pfrom=home-ndtv_topscroll

"To Prove We Worked": UP Doctors Quit Posts Over 'Endless' Covid Review

The doctors are in charge of Community Health Centres and Primary Health Care centres in Unnao. Both these places are rural hospitals that provide frontline healthcare to villages.