The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

2 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Getting married is one thing. Calling 500+ people to the venue is another. 

Yep,ppl can get married whenever but postpone just the party to more safer date. 
Some ppl realise this but others are stubborn. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Why should people be keeping their marriages a muted affair? 

It isn't any more risky than a packed train, metro, pub, restaurant, etc is. 

True.

On a persons/sq.feet metric, Weddings will be far better than an Airport or restaurant.

Just now, radicaldude said:

They should not be allowed to function at their full capacities, atleast for few weeks. 

Yeah, not talking about 500+ mega weddings.

But I don't really see why restaurants/theatres can operate at full capacity and function venues can't.

• Like 1

There is a stark difference in being on a ‘public place’ or a ‘public gathering’. 

Ppl don’t know each other at airports or train stations. 
& are there because it could be a necessity. 

Standing among hundreds with drink in one hand & a tangdi kebab in the other discussing the economy straight into each others face is not really a necessity. 

Also anyone can do what the hell they want as long as it’s within the legal framework…the biggest & main point was to not force others socially or mentally to attend if they are not comfortable just cause you don’t feel like postponing. 

Edited by AnK
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

With 3 people around and not married to 3 people. 

cmon bruh lol.. thought it was obvious :giggle:

1 minute ago, Krazyniks said:

Guessing there's more to it . Court marriage now to apply for Visa you/your spouse for foreign country where one of you is currently working ?? 

her family didn't agree and wanted a Jaat guy only. Long story. Lots of filmy things happened

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

I don't even care anymore. As long as I can wfh indefinitely, I am fine. Let people have their marriages with 500 people. More the merrier. It's their funeral I mean marriage.

Tech companies are privileged to have this option for an extended period of time and most emps already got too comfortable with WFH. 

At some point, it's gotta end. 

I'd love to wfh indefinitely but don't see it happening. 

Just now, Vamos said:

Tech companies are privileged to have this option for an extended period of time and most emps already got too comfortable with WFH. 

At some point, it's gotta end. 

I'd love to wfh indefinitely but don't see it happening. 

I think a certaon percentage of the workforce should/would be allowed to wfh permanently, as long as the efficiency is not getting hampered. 

52 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

And thus, the term got coined, Covidiot(s). 

Dont Tell Me What To Do America Fuck Yeah GIF

Lmao it’s apparently too hard to understand what I’m saying.

Obviously no one can sit at home for two years.

Even I have attended public gatherings between waves & when things are comfortable.

But bang on during a wave if one relative asks help in hospital admission & the other one wants me to attend his party then we all know which one is causing mental & physical distress to which one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

You guys think people would hold off getting married forever? 

Nope. They can get married whenever the heck they want. Don't invite the world. No one's stopping you.

A. Because by inviting the world you're being irresponsible.

B. The people being invited are irresponsible too if they show up.

In my case I have 2 uncles, both in their mid/late 80s, that have booked their flights, and expect to fly down and live with my parents, who are in their late 60s early 70s. And I can state for a fact that one of them wears a mask in a way he'd might as well have not worn one.

Let's say they do fly down and maybe pick up an unwanted visitor, infect my parents too. Being the only child that lives close by (couple building away) who do you think it will fall upon to take care of things? And as much as I would like to say, f*** you serves you right, I'd still go and do what I must. And then maybe for no fault of my own, I join them in their misery, but not before I manage to infect my wife and kid......

Look this may or may not happen and is definitely exaggerated, but I'd rather err on the side of caution, than have to go through the nightmare of sleeping on the floor of a hospital... Again. And still losing a family member. 

Having no choice but to travel by public transport is one thing for a job. Inviting hundreds for a party is another.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Walker said:

Let's say they do fly down and maybe pick up an unwanted visitor, infect my parents too. Being the only child that lives close by (couple building away) who do you think it will fall upon to take care of things? And as much as I would like to say, f*** you serves you right, I'd still go and do what I must. And then maybe for no fault of my own, I join them in their misery, but not before I manage to infect my wife and kid......

This. 

It's easy to be say 2 years blah blah blah, unless sh*t hits the fan for YOU. Then suddenly your world comes to a halt, and hindsight becomes 20/20. 

No one is saying not to enjoy or get married - just be responsible. We had a few months post the horrific April and May, when things simmered down. But now in the wake of a new variant, about which we know little, be safe for a few weeks/months. 

• Like 6