Big Boss

The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

2 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Saw an article where Kerala's health minister is saying that they're bracing for 10-20k cases per day by the end of this month or early September. Currently it's around 1.5k cases per day. WTf. 

Yes, it is likely considering people here have stopped caring too.

Edited by kmkaks

7 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

People stopped caring because state and central government stopped caring

Lmao what? People stopped caring waaaaaaaaaaay before buddy . In my city contact tracing is still being done. Houses are being sealed . But people don't care , because they can't stay at home anymore. Also no sanitisation because daily 600 cases you can't sanitise this many places

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kmkaks said:

Yes, it is likely considering people here have stopped caring too.

I wouldnt say stopped caring. Yes 60-70% may be yes? But people are also now way beyond bugged staying home. My grandfather who is in the 80's and still handles some shop work finally got angry and started coming to shop twice a week. Cant hole them up at home any longer 

Edited by rushaboswal
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

No bro, people stopped caring after government stopped caring. Nobody used to leave their house until we were in complete lockdown. Only since unlock 1.0 started people started taking it less seriously.

Lockdown couldn't last forever. I think that was accepted from the beginning. It's up to the people to take care of themselves ultimately. Expecting government to babysit forever is too much. Besides we as a country don't have the firepower to support an economy not producing anything. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Yup and on the flipside, the mortality rate must also be very low like less than 1%. 

I'm like 100% sure about this. One of my friends tested positive. He got tested after 3 days of symptoms. But his wife who was with him all time tested negative as well as the whole family. So actually people infected can easily be twice then official numbers but got cured automatically. This epidemic will be a huge subject of study going forward

Lockdown couldn't last forever. I think that was accepted from the beginning. It's up to the people to take care of themselves ultimately. Expecting government to babysit forever is too much. Besides we as a country don't have the firepower to support an economy not producing anything. 
But then what was the point of lockdown? It destroyed the country's economy without achieving anything.

4 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

Nobody used to leave their house until we were in complete lockdown.

I'm 100% sure you are absolutely wrong here. I have seen people playing cricket In the club houses . Just because we were never out does not mean nobody did.

1 minute ago, adity said:

Yes this habit of government should do everything should go away . I mean how many people even follow social distancing norms? No economy has that much firepower not even us..they can print as much as they want now but then they will see how much it hurs

1 minute ago, mohit9206 said:

But then what was the point of lockdown? It destroyed the country's economy without achieving anything.

Increasing production capacity of PPE kits and testing kits. Stops seeing everything from the negative side. I do agree it failed In keeping people at home but in democracy you can't do anything above what was done.

• Like 1

Just now, mohit9206 said:
2 minutes ago, adity said:

Like he said, it comes down to how we conduct ourselves at the end. The initial babysitting and how to approach the whole virus situation was required.

Most of us here on IVG do not leave our houses unless its required, and follow the guidelines. One would appreciate the handholding if people took precautions the same way as during lockdown.

Its like that saying- You can take the horse to the river, but you can't make him drink. 

• Like 1

Increasing production capacity of PPE kits and testing kits. Stops seeing everything from the negative side. I do agree it failed In keeping people at home but in democracy you can't do anything above what was done.
That was the point of lockdown? Okay lol

Just now, mohit9206 said:

It prevented sh*t show like Italy n Spain. It bought us time to be prepared for the coming storm. 

• Like 1

Just now, rushaboswal said:

The one major criticism I have is delay in action and the initial handling of the migrant crisis. Government should've had the foresight to anticipate it and let people return to their homes. Cases weren't that widespread then and when it eventually happened it was much worse and what ensured our defeat against the virus. 

1 minute ago, adity said:

The one major criticism I have is delay in action and the initial handling of the migrant crisis. Government should've had the foresight to anticipate it and let people return to their homes. Cases weren't that widespread then and when it eventually happened it was much worse and what ensured our defeat against the virus. 

Absolutely agree. The sh*t show and stupid fights between the state and central government was absolutely horrible. They should have already declared that this is an initial lockdown and may get extended. This would have forced migrants to go back . My workers never leaves because it was an season time and they thought it would be over in 16 days. But after a month of no work they wanted to return and resulted into an shitshow.

Btw am not only blaming central government here so don't think am just bashing BJP. Am also blaming state government, and government of other countries and most importantly WHO. My post sounds negative because this is the biggest f**k up since WW2. You guys are very comfortable sitting in your 3 bedroom air conditioned apartments without looking at this from the perspective of the people who are really suffering,the poor people who lost their jobs,the people who couldn't afford medical treatment and died. Imagine how angry they must be. While you are comfortably sitting on your couch working from home while others are suffering.

The Shitstorm started with the Jamat event. That really hurt us, all jamatis went all over the country and hid themselves infecting god knows how many. 

That Leader still walks free and its all forgotten now. 

• Like 1