Silent Hill 2

VelivolusDas

This game looks rough & underdeveloped.

I hope they don’t rush it as no need.

Bloober is not very capable developer to begin with.

Take full 1 year if need be.

15 hours ago, RV1709 said:

Has anyone tried the free to play game they dropped?

What is this about….I didn’t get it,so many Sillent Hill games/rumours that it’s confusing now.

I hope this is a teaser for a much bigger project.

Will definitely try it once I get back home from outstation.

1 hour ago, AnK said:

What is this about….I didn’t get it,so many Sillent Hill games/rumours that it’s confusing now.

I hope this is a teaser for a much bigger project.

Will definitely try it once I get back home from outstation.

Konami released a game (Tech Demo) like P.T. for free yesterday after SOP - only on PS5 (No release on last gen like PS4). It's an almost 2.5 hour game. I would suggest downloading and keeping it in case Konami repeats the P.T. experience and removes the game with no option to re-download it back.

Played through Silent Hill: The Short Message

It is very, very draggy... It's more of a psychological perspective and a social commentary on the issue of bullying, cyber-bullying, suicide, self-harm, neglect, etc. The horror parts are not so scary, as such... It's mostly jump scares and certain parts have "someone" chasing you until you find the right doors/exits till it triggers the next chapter. At the end of each chapter there's a twist/revelation which sorta keeps you intrigued to play on, but that trope gets a bit boring by the third chapter.

I was kinda stuck on the final chase sequence where I needed to escape that "someone." But it caught up to me, every damn time. Irritating, but I powered through it in the next sitting and finished it off. There was only 10 minutes of game left after that section.

It's about 2-3 hours in length overall, maximum.

It's disappointing overall. And yeah... It's almost a wannabe P.T. Some specifics you uncover are disturbing, but they're NOT portrayed in graphic detail like P.T. did. And it's not as mind-numbing as P.T. was.

The fidelity is decent enough. No performance issues, but the character models are not very well done. Totally feels like a AA game, in terms of the overall production values. The lip-sync is just atrocious. Not sure if it was made in Japanese and the English VO is just added-on. That's the only logical explanation that I can think of, for the god-awful lip movements during the dialogues.

3 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

The fidelity is decent enough. No performance issues, but the character models are not very well done. Totally feels like a AA game, in terms of the overall production values. The lip-sync is just atrocious. Not sure if it was made in Japanese and the English VO is just added-on. That's the only logical explanation that I can think of, for the god-awful lip movements during the dialogues.

Does it have an option to change to Japanese with subtitles?

19 hours ago, b!T said:

Does it have an option to change to Japanese with subtitles?

No.

18 hours ago, playstationdude said:

I guess I'm the only one who liked the trailer then, lol:mellow:

The trailer of The Short Message looked interesting enough, but the overall experience is just sub-par.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, playstationdude said:

I guess I'm the only one who liked the trailer then, lol:mellow:

It’s totally not worth liking as of yet.

Looks like a dated design in new fidelity.

They should have aimed for something like RE Remakes to get anything fruitful out of it.

Only if you aim for greatness can you reach goodness.