Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Press tour till 25th 
where they will screen just 20 mins of the film.. and those scenes are already described in detail online.. nothing spoilery.. marvel wont show the full movie to anyone until its official premiere.. which is on 25th or 26th iirc...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, sobbii said:

where they will screen just 20 mins of the film.. and those scenes are already described in detail online.. nothing spoilery.. marvel wont show the full movie to anyone until its official premiere.. which is on 25th or 26th iirc...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

i am happy they showed all the stones,

had a bad feeling  the 1st part would be about hiding vision throughout this movie 

A Quiet Place - A nicely made thriller. Starts off a little slow but post the interval, it's very intense. The entire audience in my theater clapped at the ending. Highly recommend this gem. Chk it out ppl. 

• Like 1

So much garbage on Netflix movie section.

The Babysitter (2017) - 2/10. Wow. So bad. Horror / Comedy??? There was no comedy or horror. The horror scene was stabbing the head with a knife and it was already shown in the trailer. 

Game Over, Man! (2018) - 2/10. DeVine has done some dumb shite but at least used it be fun/quirky to watch. But this one was just terrible. The other actors made it even worse.

Vacation (2015) - 5/10.. That little kid ruins it. Otherwise okay-ish.

Daddy's Home (2015) and Daddy's Home 2 (2017) - 6-7/10. The duo Ferrell + Wahlberg were entertaining. Cena was meh in 2nd part while Gibson did his role well.

30 Minutes or Less (2011) - 5/10. Should have been 30 minutes. A dumb movie with a decent cast. What a waste. 

Pitch Perfect 3 (2017) - 5/10. Was all over the place. Just random shite happening randomly... The send-off at the end wrapped up the series well and for good. 

Wow. A comedy movie seems to be rare. DfN5mjR.png 

Edited by Heaven Angel

Spoiler

68ff44a75c0758b4c6f070030fa978c0.jpg

First ever pics from avengers 4 leaked. Seems this is somewhere in wakanda and avengers have given up and asking for help.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by AtheK

We were looking for some comedy and couldn't find anything new. Ended up streaming some and they all turned out bad. 

Don't remember last good "comedy" movie. What is everyone watching these days? 

A friend of mine went to "A Quiet Place" in a multiplex nearby. The movie is supposed to be silent (You would know if you saw the promotional posters). Unfortunately, the screen he was in wasn't fully soundproof. And the screen nearby was playing some Bhojpuri film (according to him though I don't think he can recognize Bhojpuri). So he had to watch the entire silent horror movie with background Bhojpuri songs and dialogues.

Needless to say, he and all other people watching the film on that screen were pretty pissed off.

I'm thinking of going to Quiet place today (Will avoid that screen ofc)

@Joe Cool Unfortunately good comedy movies are a pretty rare commodity. Most of the comedies are garbage unfortunately. So can't really give any recommendations. BTW did you watch "The Gods Must be Crazy" that I once wrote about. That's an awesome comedy. So is "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World" Unfortunately, all those are old movies. Can't think of any recent comedy films that's actually good.

Edited by roun90

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

We were looking for some comedy and couldn't find anything new. Ended up streaming some and they all turned out bad. 

Don't remember last good "comedy" movie. What is everyone watching these days? 

Currently watching horror movies The Human Centipede (First Sequence)

On 4/8/2018 at 2:38 AM, amigoatul said:

A Quiet Place - A nicely made thriller. Starts off a little slow but post the interval, it's very intense. The entire audience in my theater clapped at the ending. Highly recommend this gem. Chk it out ppl. 

Yup. It's a very well made thriller. I felt it was pretty similar to Dunkirk in that both of them are survival thrillers with little to no exposition or even spoken dialogue for that matter.

But while Dunkirk failed at creating nail-biting tension (at least for me), A Quiet Place absolutely shines. Great sound design and a great movie overall (despite the pretty generic ending).

Must be mentally sick to watch Human Centipede shite. No thank you.

22 hours ago, adity said:

I just rewatch hot fuzz if I want a comedy movie. The last comedy movie I enjoyed was Nice Guys. Not much coming out these days. 

The Cornetto trilogy holds up really well even today. Shame we don't get movies like that today.

The Nice Guys was good too.  

21 hours ago, roun90 said:

Unfortunately good comedy movies are a pretty rare commodity. Most of the comedies are garbage unfortunately. So can't really give any recommendations. BTW did you watch "The Gods Must be Crazy" that I once wrote about. That's an awesome comedy. So is "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World" Unfortunately, all those are old movies. Can't think of any recent comedy films that's actually good.

I have added it to watchlist but yet to watch. Thanks for reminding. 

6 minutes ago, Cash said:

Watch What the Fit kevin hart (Youtube) for some genuine laughs.

Doesn't look bad. Will check few episodes.

57 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Hmm....not too bad.

Glover is the only reason I want to watch this.