The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

People spending so much money just for warranties? DAFAQ. :O

Btw saw someone using this tv in the whatsapp group. Looks really cool but didnt hear much about it. Good that Samsung is making something innovative. 

https://www.samsung.com/in/microsite/the-frame-tv/

Btw saw someone using this tv in the whatsapp group. Looks really cool but didnt hear much about it. Good that Samsung is making something innovative. 

You have an app which does the same on LG. 

85b824ee6f62443d031de10cd158daff.jpg41f402dd12055d0afd496628bb307dd4.jpg

52 minutes ago, Mizanurification said:

It's available on Flipkart for 72k after CB's. This TV was discussed here few days back as well . A user here bought it during the sale . 

Samsung The Frame 138cm (55 inch) Ultra HD (4K) QLED Smart TV
http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/samsung-frame-138cm-55-inch-ultra-hd-4k-qled-smart-tv/p/itmfga98hdvdhutc?pid=TVSFGA98TEJ65HKB&cmpid=product.share.pp

On 9/30/2019 at 11:31 PM, Playstationdude said:

Are you facing any burn in/image retention issues on your OLED? Especially in Tata sky and gaming.

Jumped the gun but i'm a little worried now.

If others could also weigh in @AtheK

Just a small word of advice. Use a professional calibrator. They will charge a few for this service, sure, and you will maybe find the calibrated display to be weird for the first few days, but once your mind adjusts to a calibrated display, every other display will seem... off in “reality” reproduction. 

Rtings’s settings will get you an okay set-up, but every display from the factory has a certain physical variation that can’t be compensated for without true measurements in a dark room. 

And TVs this good deserve that calibration. 

• Like 1

Professional calibration is a must if you want best from your TV. Problem is it's still rare to find one at your location. I live in a tier 2 city and ai could not find any. Finally one of friend did the calibration.

Metro's will have plenty of services though.

2 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

How do you guys get rid of the black bars in netflix and othet streaming sites? cause the tv is not letting me change the aspect ratio while using netflix.

It depends on the show you are watching. You won't be able to watch everything in 16:9. Netflix uses all sorts of aspect ration. Watch Jack Ryan Season 1 if its full screen then everything is fine in settings. 

Personally I'll suggest you to keep using original in Aspect Ratio.

8 hours ago, achilles said:

Just a small word of advice. Use a professional calibrator. They will charge a few for this service, sure, and you will maybe find the calibrated display to be weird for the first few days, but once your mind adjusts to a calibrated display, every other display will seem... off in “reality” reproduction. 

Rtings’s settings will get you an okay set-up, but every display from the factory has a certain physical variation that can’t be compensated for without true measurements in a dark room. 

And TVs this good deserve that calibration. 

Any recommendations for such a service in Delhi NCR ? I haven't found any. 

So its been around 3 days since I have got VU Premium android tv installed at my place.  This is first smart tv in our house.

So the first thing I notice is that tv is not that fast to respond and takes sometime to boot and even then ui feels slower to respond. Youtube and netflix sometimes buffer for starting few minutes but work fine after wards.  

Overall display quality is a huge upgrade for me as coming from a FHD tv. 

Tried connecting bluetooth earphones with tv but it did not find my earphones, so if anyone can confirm if we can connect the earphones with this tv?

Have not played via pendrive or hdd till now , will check later today. Netflix works good , ultra hd , hdr and dolby vision everything is working fine .

Overall for 23k I don't thing I can get better than this one but I haven't tried mi tv 4x so can't say about that one. 

Only thing that is bummer for me is I was expecting tv to be fluidic in response just like my android phone is. Were my expectations high or is it problem with this tv only?

• Like 1

So its been around 3 days since I have got VU Premium android tv installed at my place.  This is first smart tv in our house.
So the first thing I notice is that tv is not that fast to respond and takes sometime to boot and even then ui feels slower to respond. Youtube and netflix sometimes buffer for starting few minutes but work fine after wards.  
Overall display quality is a huge upgrade for me as coming from a FHD tv. 

Tried connecting bluetooth earphones with tv but it did not find my earphones, so if anyone can confirm if we can connect the earphones with this tv?
Have not played via pendrive or hdd till now , will check later today. Netflix works good , ultra hd , hdr and dolby vision everything is working fine .

Overall for 23k I don't thing I can get better than this one but I haven't tried mi tv 4x so can't say about that one. 

Only thing that is bummer for me is I was expecting tv to be fluidic in response just like my android phone is. Were my expectations high or is it problem with this tv only?
Android TV is generally slower to respond, unless specs of the tv are really high. Can't expect that at this price.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, gs_RoXxX said:

Got it bluetooth worked took a bit longer to find device, works quickly now.

Also do you guys suggest turning motion smoothening on or off? 

Motion smoothing should always be off. On all TVs. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

I got a new lg c9 oled, however volume as compared to my LED TV is very low, is it normal?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Depends on the source. In general, Cx series has decent volume, but can be low if the source is low. 

I got a 2.1 setup just because of this. Get a 2.1/5.1/7.1 or a soundbar. 

A friend is looking to buy a 55 inch TV. Budget is around 1 Lac. Can extend a little more if the TV is future proof (intends to buy PS5 at launch). Suggestions please..

Currently looking at Sony KD-55X9500G and LG C9 55 inch OLED.

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread