Jump to content

The TV Decision Making Thread


Bulovski

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I would recommend to just buy the 55" model.

You will be surprised by seeing how small an OLED seems as compared to another LED/LCD of the same size. 55" seems like a 50".

I think he has a space constraint. Otherwise, always best to get the biggest possible tv. I'm defo getting a 65 inch in an year or two. And 77 inch when I'm super rich or the prices become reasonable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I think he has a space constraint. Otherwise, always best to get the biggest possible tv. I'm defo getting a 65 inch in an year or two. And 77 inch when I'm super rich or the prices become reasonable. 

Yeah, my next TV is definitely gonna be 65". 

Need it to make up for other things :fear1:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Does the LG C1 run on its own OS? I'm reading about it and it doesn't seem to be running on Android. Any pros/cons of their system?

 

Also, I'm curious why the C1 is being recommended? Is there nothing better at this price range? :fear1:

LG CX and C1 are identical but I would go for whichever is cheaper by 15k or more, else go for tor newer.

 

Under 1.4L there’s nothing better than LG OLED, evidently the best TV for gaming.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I think he has a space constraint. Otherwise, always best to get the biggest possible tv. I'm defo getting a 65 inch in an year or two. And 77 inch when I'm super rich or the prices become reasonable. 

Same happened with me, I could have gone for 65” CX with good offer, but had to settle for 55” due to space constraint.

 

My next target is to get a 77” OLED after I save enough and buy a flat 😭 long shot!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I would recommend to just buy the 55" model.

You will be surprised by seeing how small an OLED seems as compared to another LED/LCD of the same size. 55" seems like a 50".

 

39 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I think he has a space constraint. Otherwise, always best to get the biggest possible tv. I'm defo getting a 65 inch in an year or two. And 77 inch when I'm super rich or the prices become reasonable. 

When I do get around to buying, I plan to see the dimensions and check if it'll fit in the room. Then the final size will be decided. 

 

Also, I guess I can always get a chromecast or an android TV stick if the LG OS isn't that good.... Obviously the built in android performs quite well but a TV stick shouldn't be that far off in terms of performance. 

Edited by LordSpymaster
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

 

When I do get around to buying, I plan to see the dimensions and check if it'll fit in the room. Then the final size will be decided. 

 

Also, I guess I can always get a chromecast or an android TV stick if the LG OS isn't that good.... Obviously the built in android performs quite well but a TV stick shouldn't be that far off in terms of performance. 

You don't need it tbh. LG Webos is a usp for most people. Unless you're actually missing an app you need, no need. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

 

When I do get around to buying, I plan to see the dimensions and check if it'll fit in the room. Then the final size will be decided. 

 

Also, I guess I can always get a chromecast or an android TV stick if the LG OS isn't that good.... Obviously the built in android performs quite well but a TV stick shouldn't be that far off in terms of performance. 

I stick with Sony because of the Android interface but they have now started pushing ads (Google). So if that doesn't get fixed in future then I will also switch to LG and just get a fire stick or watch via Ps5/XSX.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I stick with Sony because of the Android interface but they have now started pushing ads (Google). So if that doesn't get fixed in future then I will also switch to LG and just get a fire stick or watch via Ps5/XSX.

Any good Sony recommendations for my requirement?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Does the LG C1 run on its own OS? I'm reading about it and it doesn't seem to be running on Android. Any pros/cons of their system?

 

Also, I'm curious why the C1 is being recommended? Is there nothing better at this price range? :fear1:

It’s the best gaming tv available at that price point

 

4 HDmi 2.1 gaming ports , vrr ,gsync and free sync compatible,dolby vision etc 

 

whereas Sony and Samsung doesn’t have anything equivalent to the c1 at that price point 

 

if you need the c1 features on a Sony tv , it’ll cost u about 1.3 to 1.5 lakhs or so

 

look around a bit on YouTube for why everyone’s recommending the c1 , you’ll get an idea of it

Edited by silv3rgunn3r
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why 77 inch OLED in India are too much overpriced? Does these TV's not sell well like 55inch or 65inches? 

Normally 77inch OLED  from LG (C1) costs around 2900 dollars, which should be around 2lakh 80-90thousands in India inclusive of taxes, not more. But everywhere it's showing too much. Why is that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SaiKO said:

Why 77 inch OLED in India are too much overpriced? Does these TV's not sell well like 55inch or 65inches? 

Normally 77inch OLED  from LG (C1) costs around 2900 dollars, which should be around 2lakh 80-90thousands in India inclusive of taxes, not more. But everywhere it's showing too much. Why is that?

Haha. It was 10 lakh till last year. Sony priced theirs for 6 then lg reduced the price. I expect that this (3) would the price 2 years from now.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been thinking about purchasing 48" LG C1 within the next 25-30 days.

 

Some of the online retailer shows the price as 1.04 lakh. Plan is to buy it from local (Kolkata) physical retailers either LG showroom or Chroma.

 

Can I expect the price to be around 90K or is it going to be 1.04 lakh.

 

If anyone here bought C1, then how much did it cost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, makdi_man said:

I have been thinking about purchasing 48" LG C1 within the next 25-30 days.

 

Some of the online retailer shows the price as 1.04 lakh. Plan is to buy it from local (Kolkata) physical retailers either LG showroom or Chroma.

 

Can I expect the price to be around 90K or is it going to be 1.04 lakh.

 

If anyone here bought C1, then how much did it cost.

Online pricing is always whack. Negotiate hard and you can easily bring it down in offline. Also, Croma and LG authorised retailers are relatively higher prices. You should try other retailers if you don't get your price. Reliance Digital, etc 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, makdi_man said:

I have been thinking about purchasing 48" LG C1 within the next 25-30 days.

 

Some of the online retailer shows the price as 1.04 lakh. Plan is to buy it from local (Kolkata) physical retailers either LG showroom or Chroma.

 

Can I expect the price to be around 90K or is it going to be 1.04 lakh.

 

If anyone here bought C1, then how much did it cost.

I’m at Kolkata. Bought CX 55 last Feb, don’t expect good price offline in kolkata. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Guys I recently moved back to Bengaluru and I want to get a OLED TV. I’ve decided on the LG C1 55 inch.

 

The price online in Reliance Digital, Croma is around 1.5 lakh while on Amazon it is available for 1.26 lakh. Is this the right model? (C1PTZ)

 

Where will I be able buy the TV for lowest price, and what price would that be approx (55 inch)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Gavara Tarun said:

Guys I recently moved back to Bengaluru and I want to get a OLED TV. I’ve decided on the LG C1 55 inch.

 

The price online in Reliance Digital, Croma is around 1.5 lakh while on Amazon it is available for 1.26 lakh. Is this the right model? (C1PTZ)

 

Where will I be able buy the TV for lowest price, and what price would that be approx (55 inch)?

You'll get the lowest prices offline during Dusera/Diwali. Vijay Sales usually has the lowest prices. Ideally around 1.10-1.15 lakhs after discounts and cashback. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, SuperT said:

You'll get the lowest prices offline during Dusera/Diwali. Vijay Sales usually has the lowest prices. Ideally around 1.10-1.15 lakhs after discounts and cashback. 

 


oh I don’t think I can wait till Dussehra. 1.20 lakh on Amazon including cash back seems like a decent offer.

 

Do you know if there’s a difference between the models C1XTZ and C1PTZ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...