Cyberpunk 2077

Aftrunner

Which Life Path did you start with?  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That being said, the graphics, atmosphere, music and overall feel of this game are just fantastic! I'm on my 2nd playthrough with Fem V, just taking it slow as I've already clocked 160 hrs+ on my first playthrough with male V nomad.

3 hours ago, SaiKO said:

I personally loved the game alot! Didn't get the hate for the game, maybe because I didn't have unrealistic expectations that majority are having. I love CDPR, and I love witcher, I just know that CP is their new IP...so kept myself in check.

That being said, the graphics, atmosphere, music and overall feel of this game are just fantastic! I'm on my 2nd playthrough with Fem V, just taking it slow as I've already clocked 160 hrs+ on my first playthrough with male V nomad.

It's a very good game. 10x better than the open world games we get lately but people just looked at bugs and labelled it as "trash" without even playing. 

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

It's a very good game. 10x better than the open world games we get lately but people just looked at bugs and labelled it as "trash" without even playing. 

I think a lot of people (myself included) just waiting for it to get fixed before we play. 

next Gen update ps5 it’ll go down 

Tbh, I know the state of the console version is bad...specially with the old gen such as ps4 and xbox one. Even I wouldn't be bothered about ps5 or Xsx version as well, as of now.

But, the game plays well on PC, if you have a strong enough PC, there won't be much issues. There will be bugs, true...but mostly are negligible.

yes, the console version is broken and console players have a right to get angry. But expecting a game of this caliber from a HW from 2013 is asking for too much.

Specially even when Witcher 3 (a game from 2015) still struggles to maintain 30 fps even on PS4 pro, and yet, had graphical downgrade compared to PC. If Witcher 3 had that much compromise on last gen console, then it's actually no brainer that CP2077 would be much harder on these. Specially when the game actually based upon the constant streaming nature of the engine, and is actually very heavy on both cpu and gpu. There's a reason the game had SSD as a requirement. 
Even on PC, if you dont install the game on SSD, it will yield much more bugs (Tpose, car flying etc) than when you install it in SSD.

Edited by SaiKO

1 hour ago, SaiKO said:

Tbh, I know the state of the console version is bad...specially with the old gen such as ps4 and xbox one. Even I wouldn't be bothered about ps5 or Xsx version as well, as of now.

But, the game plays well on PC, if you have a strong enough PC, there won't be much issues. There will be bugs, true...but mostly are negligible.

yes, the console version is broken and console players have a right to get angry. But expecting a game of this caliber from a HW from 2013 is asking for too much.

Specially even when Witcher 3 (a game from 2015) still struggles to maintain 30 fps even on PS4 pro, and yet, had graphical downgrade compared to PC. If Witcher 3 had that much compromise on last gen console, then it's actually no brainer that CP2077 would be much harder on these. Specially when the game actually based upon the constant streaming nature of the engine, and is actually very heavy on both cpu and gpu. There's a reason the game had SSD as a requirement. 
Even on PC, if you dont install the game on SSD, it will yield much more bugs (Tpose, car flying etc) than when you install it in SSD.

not really. Just see what PS exclusives have been able to achieve in 2018, 19 and 20

21 hours ago, SaiKO said:

Yeah! This is your 2nd playthourh, or you are still playing your first one?

I can see in your steam update daily lol.

I personally loved the game alot! Didn't get the hate for the game, maybe because I didn't have unrealistic expectations that majority are having. I love CDPR, and I love witcher, I just know that CP is their new IP...so kept myself in check.

On my first playthrough. 90+ hours and still going for side quests in GIGS. Game is awesome, most of ppl hating didnt even play it. Its all because of that tweet by CDPR guy, theres not a single transphobic content in this game. But got to make problem out of thin air, claim injustice, rake those likes in and feel good about oneself. But then real world doesnt work the way one feels, game sold tons and i am happy for CDPR.

And ofcourse CDPR dropped the ball with polish and bugs. Considering the scope of night city, this game shoudnt even release on PS4/XB1. Absolute Wrong decision on that one and even promoting that version. On PC the game is very good. Little bit bugs here n there but nothing like making mountain out of a mole on internet.

The scope of night city, man oh man. One got to play it in full glory to experience what world they made. Its f**ckin huge and best open world city ever.  I went to corners of the map and can find NPCS, quests, Gigs. All the construction underways, huge buildings, the color coded roads, the light effects at night, the posters all around, the clothes on people, the futuristic cars, docks, Scrap waste fields, badlands, jam packed city centre, detailed apartments, you name it everything is so beautiful and detailed. Nothing on market comes close to night city.

And the story,quests and characters, deserves all the praise. Jhony f**ckin silverhand is hillarious, Rogue, panam, judy, kerry, river,etc So many interesting characters in one game. And the artwork, whoever designed those posters, gang artwork, billboards, characters , full marks. They need to work on their combat and enemy variety though.

E213B66F1E4BF78E54273757F00CB8B0AA7457E1

BC82545A4C9F4C63344DAC7075CA48566861C63A

4558B79C57B2EC36811EF096511AFA0179B129AC

5E85EE7D3BD99D8E9983F0610E3C50232C731A02

4A72836E8C4136914BA98C575A99CADF42B6D887

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SpearHea:D said:

On my first playthrough. 90+ hours and still going for side quests in GIGS. Game is awesome, most of ppl hating didnt even play it. Its all because of that tweet by CDPR guy, theres not a single transphobic content in this game. But got to make problem out of thin air, claim injustice, rake those likes in and feel good about oneself. But then real world doesnt work the way one feels, game sold tons and i am happy for CDPR.

And ofcourse CDPR dropped the ball with polish and bugs. Considering the scope of night city, this game shoudnt even release on PS4/XB1. Absolute Wrong decision on that one and even promoting that version. On PC the game is very good. Little bit bugs here n there but nothing like making mountain out of a mole on internet.

The scope of night city, man oh man. One got to play it in full glory to experience what world they made. Its f**ckin huge and best open world city ever.  I went to corners of the map and can find NPCS, quests, Gigs. All the construction underways, huge buildings, the color coded roads, the light effects at night, the posters all around, the clothes on people, the futuristic cars, docks, Scrap waste fields, badlands, jam packed city centre, detailed apartments, you name it everything is so beautiful and detailed. Nothing on market comes close to night city.

And the story,quests and characters, deserves all the praise. Jhony f**ckin silverhand is hillarious, Rogue, panam, judy, kerry, river,etc So many interesting characters in one game. And the artwork, whoever designed those posters, gang artwork, billboards, characters , full marks. They need to work on their combat and enemy variety though.

E213B66F1E4BF78E54273757F00CB8B0AA7457E1

BC82545A4C9F4C63344DAC7075CA48566861C63A

4558B79C57B2EC36811EF096511AFA0179B129AC

5E85EE7D3BD99D8E9983F0610E3C50232C731A02

4A72836E8C4136914BA98C575A99CADF42B6D887

Which card are you playing this on? Have they patched all the bugs in the pc version. 

My copy (pc) is still sealed. I plan to start when they polish out 100 percent of the bugs. 

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

Which card are you playing this on? Have they patched all the bugs in the pc version. 

My copy (pc) is still sealed. I plan to start when they polish out 100 percent of the bugs. 

RTX 2070.

On pc the game is smooth with nothing gamebreaking like thrown on the internet from ps4/xb1 version. Few minor bugs here n there, install on SSD and it even get much better. I think 1.22 fixed most of the things.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Most people didn't play it because most people own consoles let alone beefy PCs. And the game runs like a*s on consoles. 

I don't understand the cult-like fanboyism for this game. Its a broken mess for 90% of gamers out there. 

If people played it, put hundreds of hours in it and enjoyed it and there's nothing cult-like about it. My only issue is that the problems with the game are far deeper than  "its just bugs and polish" but unfortunately they got buried under the buggy mess. Even if it was as polished as GTAV it would still be bottom tier compared to other open world games.

36 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

All I'm saying is that saying stuff like people who are hating on the game haven't even played it is just disingenuous. Chances are many people actually tried it or thought of trying it and didn't like the game because its sh*t. 

The morons at CDPR alienated vast majority of their player base and I'm not sure how they're ever going to get out of this mess. 

By patching/cleaning everything for the current gen (ps5/xsx) versions/refresh. Maybe adding some new story dlcs later. 

Edited by radicaldude

Man, I need to get back to this game. Played it for around 50hrs and enjoyed it a lot but the general feeling of the game being unpolished and unfinished made me decide to wait for a few patches.

Are there no more major updates in the pipeline? I've been a little out of the loop.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

All I'm saying is that saying stuff like people who are hating on the game haven't even played it is just disingenuous. Chances are many people actually tried it or thought of trying it and didn't like the game because its sh*t. 

The morons at CDPR alienated vast majority of their player base and I'm not sure how they're ever going to get out of this mess. 

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

By patching/cleaning everything for the current gen (ps5/xsx) versions/refresh. Maybe adding some new story dlcs later. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Everyone will be vary of pre ordering their future games or getting them day 1 which is an important source of funding the development. 

7 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

I agree. Played and finished within the first week or so of launch. Bugs and other issues aside, this game doesn't come close to other great open-world games. Doesn't even come close to Witcher 2 or 3.

just like Sam I played and finished it with 7-10 days of release. Bugs and glitches aside, it's a decent game, no where near what was promised ir shows in previews. The world looks good, but is dead. Hell, GTAV on last gen had a more alive and organic world. looking back at the amount of cut content, features, abilities, customisation etc, it's clear that CDPR was over ambitious and bit off more than they can chew.  They rewrote the whole story to give silverhand a bigger part.  What even more disappointing is that they straight up lied to everyone with their demos, closed previews etc. And knowing full well that the last gen consoles were just sh*tting themselves trying to run the game and still having the guts to say ' it's running great' pissed off a lot of people.

A lot of people no longer trust CDPR like they used to and will probably stay away from preordering their games.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

And knowing full well that the last gen consoles were just sh*tting themselves trying to run the game and still having the guts to say ' it's running great' pissed off a lot of people.

Well, it's true. Can't argue with that. CDPR didn't have to say it for PR. But I'm sure they will make amends. They are one of very few developers who constantly support their games and consumers. 

It will take some time to get back the reputation, indeed... but I'm sure they will try their best.

As for the scope of Night City, it's huge. I have no doubt that after 1-2 years and all the DLCs, the game could be greater than it is now (I still think it's awesome for what it is, but that's just me). It's a new IP, so I can give CDPR some slack. If they decide to make a CP77 sequel later, I know they won't be having this much trouble. 

There is one thing I wanna share to have some clarity on the perspective.

Lots of people compared the game with GTA, they even made videos showing the problems of CP77's police system to AI driving to numerous things. 
GTA is GTA because R* has years, and I mean YEARS of experience making open world games with those functionalities and features. Where, CP77 is CDPR's first attempt to modern ( I mean futuristic) world with cars, police, driving etc. With a very tight deadline. Imagine, most of the team were working on W3 and W3 B&W, W3 HOS dlcs till 2015-2016 before they moved on to CP77 with full concentration. And their new project wasn't even a tried and tested game design and method that they are used to...it's a FPS game with a complex City, shooting mechanics, hacking, melee, driving, and lots. Not to mention the sheer numbers of the asset payload on screen at one time. It's just a very complex game to handle and deliver it accurately within the time it had.

It's just rushed. NPC Ai, police ai, driving ai, these are very hard to master in one go. It require lots of time and expertise of those to make it work in an open city world in the first go. I'm definitely interested to see what the game will become in coming years. 

And now, CDPR learnt alot in this process, so let's hope they don't make the same mistakes they did with this one...specially for the PR and marketing. 

13 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

I'm definitely interested to see what the game will become in coming years. 

I doubt they are going to go back and rework the underlying systems. They are just fixing bugs now and will add some story content later I guess. 

If you truly want to see a modern RPG from CDP then you will have to wait for Cyberpunk 2. 

38 minutes ago, SpearHea:D said:

You meet panam and think there would be no one else like her, then you meet judy and be like ok another awesome character and then you finally meet rogue. And she trumps everyone. That lady is fire and the start of final mission takes her badassery to next level. 

Haha. Yeah... How to post screenshot here?

So, finally got this game in the ongoing sale on steam store.  Thought of waiting for some more time (or for it to come to gamepass), but oh well !  

Started the game with the 'nomad' lifepath, getting around 45fps at "raytracing ultra (and DLSS set to quality) setting" at 2K resolution so far, which seems quite good to me.  The game looks and plays smooth.

Still in the first quest with Jackie , let see how it goes !