The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

11 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Is Apple Care + bought in the USA for an iPhone valid in India ? I know the warranty is now global but I am still confused about Apple Care+ ? 

It should be. Try the chat option on Apple India's site to confirm. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Want to see how they'll spin it into being something they did on their own accord lol

Haha… it would be best to just announce it and joke about it. It’ll feel so stupid if they market it. But maybe they are adding an apple touch to it with a titanium metal usb c plug available in different colors and not available in the box :P 

On 9/6/2023 at 2:21 PM, Pacifier said:

Any one using Motorola phone? Looking at g32 for my mom as a budget phone. Any redflags with the brand now a days 

Wanted to avoid redmi/realme but realme c53 is another option I am considering. 

Yes. My father is using. I bought for him around 2-3 years ago and it runs fine! 

Vanilla android is added advantage 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

**ahem ahem**

Watch before it gets taken down, I guess. I have kept it as Unlisted, though. So...

All software features of the Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro.

It’s live on other video hosters as well. Likely will be released soon by Google. I don’t think any Google leak is unintentional. :lol:

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Really good camera comparison of the top phones!

Saw parts of this earlier - it’s too long tbh, and all flagships are pretty much jack of all trades in 2023. 
What (I think) he missed stating is covered by MKBHD - new Pixels now do selective exposure compensations and highlighting of faces in video, real time. He posted a few examples too. And there’s a bit more highlight clipping to get HDR look on videos (you can see in this video as well - sky looks better on pixel, but overall exposure is lowered). This matches with the AI Video demo seen during Pixel launch event, when you upload your video to Google’s servers and they HDR grade it and get it back on your phone - tbh it looked really artificial to me - like someone pushed HDR slider to max without any color grading. Hope it gets better. 
But credit where credit is due - great to see such comparisons (and kudos to the guy - this must have taken ages to shoot, edit, post etc). I really liked MKBHD’s take on Pixels this year. The computational software magic no one is able to do like Google.