WhiteWolf

The Last of Us Part II

20 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

That's the thing. Witcher 3 was universally loved and hailed as the best game since sliced bread but it still did not have all 10/10 and 100 reviews like this one has got. Because no game can be perfect. And while I agree it does not mean that the game is perfect but it definitely says that this game is a masterpiece which i am not 100% sure.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Lots of games got more 10/10 than Witcher 3 this gen, it isn't that special in that regard. Persona 5 and P5R got more perfect scores, RDR2 got more perfect scores, Super Mario Odyssey and Smash both got more perfect scores, Half Life Alyx is up there with them, BotW got 3 times more 10/10s than Witcher 3. So why is this one suspect? 

When you scroll down the Metacritic page, Witcher's 10/10 streak ends pretty quickly even compared to something like RE2R.

45 minutes ago, Spacescreamer said:

Absolutely. This sentiment really has gone missing on people who have posted some utterly baseless and caustic 'reviews'. 

To actually have a game that not only gives a bloody good excuse to keep yourself indoors, BUT ALSO maintains semblance of normalcy like it used to, only morbid people gonna be bashing a product in the vein they have done. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

I def would like to see a rating based thread with STRICT instructions of cloaking reviews in spoiler tags. This being a major release in covid19 times, controversial material, suffered a leak, and ofc delayed release. Lots of things converging and hence it ll make for a good thread imo.

Want some good comparisons against other AAA title like GoW4, UC4... And most of em all RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2. The latter imo is the gold standard.

If you're speaking graphics wise in RDR2 only lighting was godlike, and it was lighting that made everything look good, also very good looking interiors of areas and character clothes, the open world elements have faults if you stand and look, like the trees for example, meanwhile animations meh except for certain characters like Abigail who is very expressive, hair and beard are two rupees tier and absolutely last gen looking, the Bitcher 3 from 2015 has better hair on the main chars than RDR2 does on it's chars.

With most ND games it's perfection, and since this isn't contiguous open world they don't have to cut corners.

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

Is there any critical review of this game by a game journalists? I only see 10/10 everywhere and that makes me doubt the scores because even the best game ever made aka Witcher 3 did not have 10/10 by every single one.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Skill Up’s review is legit. He is one of them reviewers who gives equal weight to gameplay.

Witcher 3 had terrible gameplay even back at launch but now with the new AC, monster hunter it's not even in the same league. Even dragon's dogma from last gen or the budget Ys titles have much better gameplay. Quest design is best in the business though, nothing even comes close. 

7 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Witcher 3 had terrible gameplay even back at launch but now with the new AC, monster hunter it's not even in the same league. Even dragon's dogma from last gen or the budget Ys titles have much better gameplay. Quest design is best in the business though, nothing even comes close. 

Gameplay was fine, animations were a bit wonky maybe? I mean the stats, spells, armor and portions actually mattered, if you played In death march or blood and broken bones difficulty.

I mean, I haven’t played the last of us 2 but imo Witcher 3 is the most balanced game of this generation when considering all aspects (I.e graphics, art design, music, mechanics, questing and open world etc) in total. Many other games did some aspects better than Witcher but as a total package, tough to beat Witcher 3.

Edited by kmkaks

Reached Seattle 2. Blown away by the game how it looks. Keeps getting better. The tense in environment totally gives the vibe.  The environment detailing and the conversation  between people/enemies are really intriguing :majesty:

Edited by GameAnalyzer

I'm playing at a snail's speed such that the ones who started playing after me are now ahead of me. :P

I just found out about TV Station. The real tension began now as human enemies started to show up. I'm still so pissed of the antagonists that I'm madly butchering each one of them. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

About to reach State of play section.

The way to that place is so f**king beautiful. I dont have words. Your eyes will melt.

Couldnt handle dogs,ran away from all fights with dogs involved. 

Stalkers are terryfying :fear1: I dont have ammo n these come from every corner. No choice but to hide n run. 

Also a little tease for everyone who were mad at ND in the beginning. Happy days are coming. What looks lost isnt always lost,there are ways to go back to it :naughty:

• Like 1

Tips for those who are having difficult time looking for stuff for crafting/upgrading or see enemies. I started using it; seems to be really helpful in certain situations. 

sM7H0Oe.jpg

Edited by GameAnalyzer

Just now, RV1709 said:

Finished as well 

i didnt know what else to write along with that lol.. 

have to give it to nd though thats 2 games worth of content in there...

Edited by sobbii