Elden Ring

Engineer

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Believe it or not, this boss gave me more trouble than even the much hyped "Malenia, Blade of Miquella". I thought Alecto would be easy on your melee build, because the boss is a melee one. I had to literally dig out a new spell, that I never used just to fight this boss (Adula's Moonblade). Hardest one in the game for me.

Edited by roun90

14 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Believe it or not, this boss gave me more trouble than even the much hyped "Malenia, Blade of Miquella". I thought Alecto would be easy on your melee build, because the boss is a melee one. I had to literally dig out a new spell, that I never used just to fight this boss (Adula's Moonblade). Hardest one in the game for me.

You can just block his attack with a great shield and then back stab him when he staggers.

So I just bought this yesterday, will be starting now, is a magic + melee build viable for a fresh playthrough? can anyone suggest me a guide for such a build?

I'm fedup with going plain melee, in DS3 I started with some sword and a shield and mid way switched to the fume ultra greatsword + strength build.

in BB I played with an assortment of weapons but then again there was no proper magic in that.

I want to mix things up in this game.

3 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

So I just bought this yesterday, will be starting now, is a magic + melee build viable for a fresh playthrough? can anyone suggest me a guide for such a build?

I'm fedup with going plain melee, in DS3 I started with some sword and a shield and mid way switched to the fume ultra greatsword + strength build.

in BB I played with an assortment of weapons but then again there was no proper magic in that.

I want to mix things up in this game.

It has respec option. 

Start with pure melee so your points won't be divided between intelligence, mind, strength/dexterity (you need only one of strength, dexterity)

Just focus on strength/dexterity at beginning. Once you find a weapon that scales with both intelligence and dexterity/strength ( either of the two), respec and put some points in mind and intelligence. 

That way you won't have hard time in beginning.

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I'm kinda burnt out with the game. I feel like I've seen it all at this point. Yes the areas are new and enemies are different but after a point everything ends up falling into a handful of cliques. And once you've played enough, you kinda know what to expect from a particular area. 

I did get a solid 60 hours out of it so there's that. Gonna try a rivers of blood build maybe. 

After liurnia.. most of the mini bosses and bosses are recycled.. it’s gets really repetitive 

3 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I'm kinda burnt out with the game. I feel like I've seen it all at this point. Yes the areas are new and enemies are different but after a point everything ends up falling into a handful of cliques. And once you've played enough, you kinda know what to expect from a particular area. 

I did get a solid 60 hours out of it so there's that. Gonna try a rivers of blood build maybe. 

Is it possible because you overleveled early? I feel like I'm in the same boat of burn out from the filler bosses but everytime I take down a really challenging unique boss I feel like charging back in for another week or two. Plus my YouTube feed is just this Elden Ring videos

Al Pacino GIF

1 minute ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Is it possible because you overleveled early? I feel like I'm in the same boat of burn out from the filler bosses but everytime I take down a really challenging unique boss I feel like charging back in for another week or two. Plus my YouTube feed is just this Elden Ring videos

Al Pacino GIF

Same.

I am waiting for burn out to kick in. Am exploring everything I can find, catacombs, caves, killing each enemy on map atleast once.

Have spent 110 hrs and am just finishing Caelid. Still just keep playing it. Even if I get just 1/2 hr break I boot it up. 

Fair enough. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I make it all the way through to the end too considering my attention span with games and the orginal plan which was to try it out for a week, see what the soulsborne hype is about then sell it off.

But here I am with almost 90 hours clocked in. For sure a great success for me.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I f**king hate the dragon bosses in this game. 

Also, the giant bosses also suck. Like the fire giant. You can't even see 90% of his body up close, so how tf are you supposed to dodge the mf. 

The last bosses also heavily penalise slow melee strength builds. 

After a certain point (Mainly after you unlock Atlus Plateau), you should really just stop going to every nook and cranny dungeon. The game is vast. It's almost impossible to 100% it without getting burnt out. If your going for Platinum/All Achievements, just do those optional content that require it and move on.

Also, if you take my advise - give the game a rest for some days. I've observed that most (Including me) get burnt out if they are playing only 1 game continuously. Try to do something else and come back to it. You might get excited for the game again. It helped for me. It might help for you.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I'm pretty much done with game ?. On Godfrey right now. I know elden beast won't be possible with my current build so kinda not that jazzed anyways. Godfrey is such an amazing fight though. 

You gonna chicken out? 

Jeez.

Maybe respec or call one of other players?

5 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Finally defeated the Valiant Gargoyles with a melee build after trying all week after work. Kinda proud of this fight. Felt this sense of accomplishment for the first time since defeating Margit. 

Yup got these recently. 

I summoned Latenna who kept shooting while me and D took the aggro.