PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

9 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Returnal is effortlessly the GOTY. 

No other game comes close.

Maybe Kena will, but don’t want to hype this game up and be disappointed later. 

FOR YOU

FOR YOU 

FOR YOU

FOR YOU

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The only people who say Returnal isn't the GOTY are people who didn't play it. 

I've never played it, but still think it should be GOTY based on what I've read and our community has said about it. I will eventually pick it up, but at least right now, with the GPU games and my current work schedule the Returnal runs are not within my time-budget.

33 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Started playing Hades. 

Not sure if rogue like is a genere for me.

You really cannot play em casually if you are trying to clear the game in a run. 

I am kind of playing it casually. With each run going to about 30-45 mins. You hit a ceiling at a point, but just be persistent. After a few runs you'll be strong/lucky enough to go past it and reach a new threshold. Rinse & repeat.

Focus on unlocking all weapons and the mirror upgrades - they make concurrent runs easier. Try using multiple weapons as well. They not only add a bit of variety to the gameplay, but with RNG, you are pleasantly surprised on how your least favourite weapon suddenly takes you the farthest. Happened to me with the spear after I forgot to change it after trying it out on Skelly.

• Thanks 1

It had no games so it’s kinda pointless counting it’s no shows 

It has a lot of studios now & it will be in the race mostly every year 

Though this year I wouldn’t want to count Psychonauts as their game 

But fans count even past games of developers they acquired later so why not this 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Does Returnal count as a non Sony game because Sony didn't own the studio? 

For the matter, Death Stranding, Bloodborne and Spiderman studios weren't owned by Sony either. Sony doesn't even own the Death Stranding IP. 

Death Stranding IP is owned by Sony. They never work with studios if they can't own the IP. This is why Sunset was not on PS4. They said no to Insomniac lol, forget about other guys.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Death Stranding IP is owned by Sony. They never work with studios if they can't own the IP. This is why Sunset was not on PS4. They said no to Insomniac lol, forget about other guys.

And now Sony owns Sunset Overdrive anyways :P 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Xbox is winning goty easily like it's doing for the past few years. 

20210827_120944.jpg

but Sony doesn't have any fall games, so they can't win goty.

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Does Returnal count as a non Sony game because Sony didn't own the studio? 

For the matter, Death Stranding, Bloodborne and Spiderman studios weren't owned by Sony either. Sony doesn't even own the Death Stranding IP. 

They don’t own the studios but work began on these games from day 1 under their ownership of IP & leadership in project