Will you subscribe to the new PS Plus Tiers.   

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Good news for all PlayStation fans. Sony is permanently slashing the prices significantly for PS Plus membership starting May 1st, 2020. Below is the email communication that I received today:

Starting on 1st May 2020, prices for PlayStation Plus subscriptions in India will be decreasing due to market conditions.

• The PlayStation Plus 12-month recurring payment plan will decrease to Rs 2,999

• The PlayStation Plus 3-month recurring payment plan will decrease to Rs 1,199

• The PlayStation Plus 1-month recurring payment plan will decrease to Rs 499

The new prices will take effect on 1st May 2020.
This means that any recurring payments due on or after that date will be at the new price.

What this means for you:

We will alter the price of a PlayStation Plus subscription at 10:59 am BST on 1st May 2020. As you are an existing member, all recurring subscription fees payable by you on or after 1st May 2020 will be charged at the new price. Up until 30th April 2020, you may purchase a PlayStation Plus subscription at the current price, which will then be added (or “stacked on”) to your current membership period.

• Like 2

Never bothered to get the subscription before this, I had a ton of games to play anyway. But now, I might just pick up a 1-year plan. 

By the way, do i just do it through the PS Store? Or a buy a subscription card-thingy on Amazon and redeem the voucher code?

11 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Ah, the initial PS3 days. 2,499 for Standard and either 2,799 or 2,999 for LE. :wub:

With 10% standard discount and 5% additional vendor discount they were mostly 2.2k brand new. I remember when MW2 jacked it up to 3k and everyone lost their minds. If only they knew..

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

With 10% standard discount and 5% additional vendor discount they were mostly 2.2k brand new. I remember when MW2 jacked it up to 3k and everyone lost their minds. If only they knew..

MW2 was jacked up to 3.5K. Sony only cut their PS Plus prices due to Xbox Gold price cut. Which is why we need competition. Sony having a monopoly in console gaming isn’t good for customers. Fanboys are dumb as f**k in this aspect. 

As for Games, it should have been at 4.5k now considering the weakening rupee but fortunately kept at 4K. Now with the government making it hard for e-commerce and foreign companies, the price drops are slower than before. And the larger economy as well. 

Edited by Mysteryman

10 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

MW2 was jacked up to 3.5K. Sony only cut their PS Plus prices due to Xbox Gold price cut. Which is why we need competition. Sony having a monopoly in console gaming isn’t good for customers. Fanboys are dumb as f**k in this aspect. 

As for Games, it should have been at 4.5k now considering the weakening rupee but fortunately kept at 4K. Now with the government making it hard for e-commerce and foreign companies, the price drops are slower than before. And the larger economy as well. 

Yeah you're right. It was 3k initially but they jacked it up to 3.5k at the last moment. I remember ordering that stupid NV goggle edition but then changed to steelbook edition.

This is fun to read in retrospect.

Also the games have always been subsidized for this SE Asia region. If anything the current 3.5-4k is completely out of whack for local purchasing power. One third of your entire month's income just for one game? lol. Then they try to label it as rich people's hobby. Its just freaking videogames :lol: 

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Also the games have always been subsidized for this SE Asia region. If anything the current 3.5-4k is completely out of whack for local purchasing power. One third of your entire month's income just for one game? lol. Then they try to label it as rich people's hobby. Its just freaking videogames :lol: 

Yeah videogames are a rich man’s hobby in India which is one of the reasons why IVG is lacking members. Unless the games of MW2 stature are made in India, it will remain the same case for years to come. 

Giving regional pricing to India isn’t a solution due to an obvious reason of profits from resale or switching accounts. 

Edited by Mysteryman

2 hours ago, djdgr8 said:

For playstation plus if you can go a few months without one It would be better to get it in June/July where there is a 30% discount weekend for 1 year prices.

Can you be more specific about the time when there is the 30% discount??

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Cryptic_8 said:

E3 got cancelled

well full price it is then :P

Maybe we will have some digital reveals, and maybe sony will slash the price, or next sale i think is thanksgiving.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Assassins Creed changed the title to Official PlayStation Plus thread