hope

Coronavirus

New: United States reported 14,024 new cases yesterday. That is the most cases detected by any country in a single day since the pandemic began.

7400+ so far today. Still whole day left to go. 

471K to 510K today so far. 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Right said:

John Hopkins Simulation for India.

By June-end, India will have 12 crore infections, best case scenario.  So so f**ked.

http://cddep.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/covid19.indiasim.March23.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1B2U3gI8tZ5f1DOZIzewUvz5bgp9R45QB7KGuOhksgITidXzVhbkqovFU/

If possible, don't post such things. These "simulations" are just unproven theories. And it will serve nothing other than increase panic and fear among people.

And that is the last thing we need now. Best to just post only factusl news, advisories and encourage each other, I feel.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, roun90 said:

If possible, don't post such things. These "simulations" are just unproven theories. And it will serve nothing other than increase panic and fear among people.

And that is the last thing we need now. Best to just post only factusl news, advisories and encourage each other, I feel.

It is John-hopkins!  

US #2 Medical school.

Not some dolt using trendline formulas to make projections.

This is not to be taken with pinch of salt, but has to be understood that in absence of firm state action like "3 weeks lock-down", what could happen.

Lockdown/Quarantine are the only way out. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Right said:

It is John-hopkins!  

US #2 Medical school.

Not some dolt using trendline formulas to make projections.

This is not to be taken with pinch of salt, but has to be understood that in absence of firm state action like "3 weeks lock-down", what could happen.

Lockdown/Quarantine are the only way out. 

OK so you were saying based on what would happen - if no actions were taken. Put thst in the post lol. Otherwise people (including me) might think this was inevitable no matter what was done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

US about to leapfrog over China and Italy.

All of this happened in just 3 weeks.

S. Korea, Japan, HK, Singapore have handled it well with their strict quarantine restrictions, and law-abiding citizens. 

I usually go for a walk within my society premises (its a small society). If people come, they usually walk alone, wear masks, no contact or talking if you cross paths at some point.

But now these 3 dumb girls were walking around for at least an hour today. Together. They're not from the same family either. No masks, obviously. They're at least 25 years old. 

I can see where this is headed. 

16 minutes ago, roun90 said:

OK so you were saying based on what would happen - if no actions were taken. Put thst in the post lol. Otherwise people (including me) might think this was inevitable no matter what was done.

No bro 12 crore is the optimistic scenario with decreased virulence and temperature/humidity sensitivity.

18 crore is most likely scenario with moderate to full compliance but no change in virulence or temperature/humidity sensitivity.

About 24 crore is trajectory with current lockdowns but insufficient physical distancing or compliance.

Edited by Walker

1 hour ago, Right said:

John Hopkins Simulation for India.

By June-end, India will have 12 crore infections, best case scenario.  So so f**ked.

http://cddep.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/covid19.indiasim.March23.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1B2U3gI8tZ5f1DOZIzewUvz5bgp9R45QB7KGuOhksgITidXzVhbkqovFU/

We deserve it don't we? Sad but thats what the ppl of India want looks like. Well i guess thats it then, India set behind 50 years of progress.

51 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Bro, read the pdf too, headlines can be confusing. It's clearly stated what scenarios they are simulating. 

Edited by kunjanp

Coronavirus Spreads To Mumbai Slums; 4 Patients From Different Slums And Chawls Test Positive 

https://www.mumbailive.com/en/civic/coronavirus-spreads-to-mumbai-slums-and-chawls-in-ghatkopar-kalina-and-patel-as-4-patients-test-positive-for-covid19-47281

starting to lose all hopes now  :wallbash::wallbash:

No point blaming Indians, same sh*t is happening in almost all indisciplined democracies. 

People have been pampered and pleased to an extent never before seen in history. This has resulted in the creation of pompous individualistic beings.

Now we reap.

Edit:- See UK, US, Italy, Spain etc

Edited by kmkaks
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, san_Assassin said:

Coronavirus Spreads To Mumbai Slums; 4 Patients From Different Slums And Chawls Test Positive 

https://www.mumbailive.com/en/civic/coronavirus-spreads-to-mumbai-slums-and-chawls-in-ghatkopar-kalina-and-patel-as-4-patients-test-positive-for-covid19-47281

starting to lose all hopes now  :wallbash::wallbash:

This is absolutely the worst news so far. 900000 people per sq mile!