The Playstation 5 thread

4 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

3 second load time for DMC5SE 

Vs 22 seconds on PS4.

I guess Sony would be like "yeah! its 2 seconds...so?"

As oppose to jaw-dropping happening over loading of BC games on X...

Btw Japanese men, when they speak they make it sound like its something big wow moment or a reveal.

Women or other hand sound defeatist like someone is trying to say sorry...

Is Japanese a gender-dependent language?

9 minutes ago, Right said:

Btw Japanese men, when they speak they make it sound like its something big wow moment or a reveal.

Interesting question. The males sound like going 'hai hai hai' every now and then, which does make it seem that they are excited. The women do sound pretty calm in comparison in video game videos but, I dont think that's the case in anime, is it? Although even there I do think the guys do go absolute batshit shouty every now and then. That's one reason why I never got into anime. All emotions seem so absolutely over the top. That even filters in Japanese made games sometimes, like below

With liiiiiiiggghhht!!!!!!!!

Its hilarious. Interesting topic though, how cultures can be so wildly different.

Edit- The comments on that video are hilarious. I am howling.

Edited by kittoo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Right said:

Well gender disparity is a massive issue with the JPN culture, and unlike other places in the world it never transitioned to equal rights. You can't even begin to imagine a metoo movement happening there.

Japanese men in general have stopped marrying after women started going independent and trying to speak up. Look up for videos related to date life in Japan etc. They instead chose to use dolls etc than a real woman. The work culture there is pathetic, with overwork related suicides a major concern. It is not conducive to a relationship, so men either go for a keep-quiet-home-maker OR a doll or prostitute. The government there organises work shops to encourage dating, relationships etc, and coach women via videos to how to attract men lol. I have been researching on genders, marriages, relationships, marital laws etc in most developed countries and Japan was the most shocking. Anyways enough OT from my side.

When are we getting hands-on videos of PS5?

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

The state of Japan is miserable right now 

there is actually a ministry in that country to make sure population growth

flying take off GIF by Airbus

13 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Don't they have negative growth rate (population) over there? 

Even their economy is in tatters.lol. Very little geriatrics can consume or produce.

Add to this the fact that Japanese corporations hire people under contracts to employ them for life(on fixed pay for life basis) resulting in People being promoted based on loyalty and age rather than merit. 

Some crazy FD up sh*t.

Came here to ask if I should get the PS5 or Series X at launch, and now I want to research gender disparity in Japan. *insert 'The More You Know' meme here*

(I own both current gen, plan on owning both next gen. The question is only which first)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Came here to ask if I should get the PS5 or Series X at launch, and now I want to research gender disparity in Japan. *insert 'The More You Know' meme here*

(I own both current gen, plan on owning both next gen. The question is only which first)

There is absolutely no pressing reason to get any of the consoles at Launch, except for bragging rights.

Best time to get PS5 would be next year when GoW releases. If you are generational GTA5 player, then around June you will have Enhanced version out, you prolly get a bundle deal and save some bucks.

If you own X1X then you can safely wait till 2022 for XSX, unless you want to play your games again with 60fps.

* goes back to reading about gender issues in Japan*

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Walker said:

Unless there's something you must play immediately there's no reason to buy either at launch. Unless for course you need to just have a new console at launch.

Friend is coming down from the US after studies so I won't be able to buy it for those prices for the foreseeable future. 

33 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Depends on whetere you want to play exclusives or want to play cheaper gaming

I use the Xbox for cheaper gaming by buying digitally from other regions. Exclusives are a factor but I was wondering if it makes sense to get PS5 right away since the only exclusives from the list announced that I'd want are Spider-man, Horizon, Stray, Ratchet & Clank, and GoW. Only Spider-man and Ratchet and Clank is releasing pretty soon after launch.

33 minutes ago, Right said:

There is absolutely no pressing reason to get any of the consoles at Launch, except for bragging rights.

Best time to get PS5 would be next year when GoW releases. If you are generational GTA5 player, then around June you will have Enhanced version out, you prolly get a bundle deal and save some bucks.

If you own X1X then you can safely wait till 2022 for XSX, unless you want to play your games again with 60fps.

* goes back to reading about gender issues in Japan*

Makes sense. Main reason I wanted it now was because I have the chance to bring one down from US so I'd be saving a few bucks. I have a One S I use for most of my games and a PS4 for the exclusives and whatever PS+ gives for free. Unless prices reduce for both consoles after a year, buying later doesn't make much of a difference for me. 

Edited by CtrlAltDev93

16 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Makes sense. Main reason I wanted it now was because I have the chance to bring one down from US so I'd be saving a few bucks. I have a One S I use for most of my games and a PS4 for the exclusives and whatever PS+ gives for free. Unless prices reduce for both consoles after a year, buying later doesn't make much of a difference for me. 

Sell Xbox one and sell ps4 ASAP. Raise 25000. Pay 35000 to friend from US and enjoy bragging rights plus your older library.

Go for PS5, unless you have Bethesda/EA backlog. Buy Demon Souls and Cyberpunk and Miles Morales and Enjoy till 2022.

Edited by kmkaks
  • Like 1