The Playstation 5 thread

8 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Havent you been reading up on series S? :rofl:

That POS is weaker than one X :rofl:

Oh I know that! But I game on a 1080p TV so I guess it's not an issue. Aren't the SSD architecture and the CPU the same, but with less RAM? With a 15K difference, it's not a bad deal especially when coupled with gamepass.

9 minutes ago, AnK said:

Bahut maze lete ho xbox ki lol

14 minutes ago, Aloy said:

Oh I know that! But I game on a 1080p TV so I guess it's not an issue. Aren't the SSD architecture and the CPU the same, but with less RAM? With a 15K difference, it's not a bad deal especially when coupled with gamepass.

Bahut maze lete ho xbox ki lol

Because its over priced in india , it should be maximum between 25-28k. Buy from grey market or abroad when things open up if you have that option.

everything is better the xbox one X its just aimed at 1440p and series X aimed at 4k . Dont believe everything you read  on ivg ,by a week or 2 everything will be clear once the DF analysis comes out .

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Because its over priced in india , it should be maximum between 25-28k. Buy from grey market or abroad when things open up if you have that option.

everything is better the xbox one X its just aimed at 1440p and series X aimed at 4k . Dont believe everything you read  on ivg ,by a week or 2 everything will be clear once the DF analysis comes out .

Yeah taxes are a bitch, but that applies to all consoles. Buying from the gray market is a good idea though. Speaking of DF, can't wait for their juicy videos!

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

Bro 

don’t ever trust!! M$ 

they will abandon SeriesS at the first sign of trouble 

if developers feel it’s holding their true vision back & has insignificant market share M$ won’t be able to force them to make their games compatible with low specs 

They abandoned Kinnect just like that 

at first sign of trouble 

atleast Sony stood by PS-vita for a long time & kept making games for it 

I can't say for the future, but for now I am liking MS's stance on BC and gamepass. On the other hand, Sony is raising prices of games by 10-20$ ( I think new games will now cost Rs 4500). The only thing holding me from jumping the ships is my investment in the PS ecosystem (PS2-PS3-PSP-PS4 and all the games on PSN)  and the exclusives (i am HUGE fan of demon souls). 

52 minutes ago, Aloy said:

Its got a weaker GPU than 1X, less VRAM than 1X and the memory speed so crappy its almost on par PS4 Pro. The system is so lopsided towards CPU its hilarious. Its not going to hold 1080p when cross-gen phase is over without major sacrifice in graphics quality. All you gotta do is take a good look at the spec sheet and you can see right through the marketing bullshit.

3 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Damn and I was genuinely thinking of buying the series S :fear1: because I haven't upgraded to 4k tv and don't plan on doing anytime soon ( no space, no money) . Maybe will just go with used 1X but not sure if next gen game's will even work on it after 1-2 years. 

Buy a 4k tv before a next gen console bro. Day and night difference in PQ.

Just now, playstationdude said:

Buy a 4k tv before a next gen console bro. Day and night difference in PQ.

No space as furniture is fixed and not many 4k (good brand) TV's can fit there. Also business is shut due to covid and dont expect to start anytime soon unless things become normal. 

2 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

No space as furniture is fixed and not many 4k (good brand) TV's can fit there. Also business is shut due to covid and dont expect to start anytime soon unless things become normal. 

I feel you bro. Lots of layoffs at my organisation as well. No job security for salaried folks either, even I'm sh*t scared whether to invest such a hefty sum in a video game or not. :fear:

In other news, FFVI has been in development for 'at least 4 years', so says Jason Schreier. Will release a lot sooner than people think.

https://player.fm/series/triple-click/whoa-microsoft-bought-bethesda

So much for "see you in 2025 memes".

Edited by gecko89

44 minutes ago, AnK said:

M$ was forced to start giving games with the Subscription last gen 

There’s every reason to believe if Sony starts to loose the fight this gen they will start investing in subscription more aggressively 

so wait till atleast M$ first party is worth looking at 

right now it’s pretty lame 

Yeah I hope they start their own subscription based service. Competition is good for the consumers

45 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Its got a weaker GPU than 1X, less VRAM than 1X and the memory speed so crappy its almost on par PS4 Pro. The system is so lopsided towards CPU its hilarious. Its not going to hold 1080p when cross-gen phase is over without major sacrifice in graphics quality. All you gotta do is take a good look at the spec sheet and you can see right through the marketing bullshit.

Hmm..that makes sense but from what I have watched (dev interviews, DF did one a few days ago), devs seem happy with Series S, for now. Although how it performs later down the road when serious Next gen games start hitting the streets (like that UE5 demo), remains to be seen. I'm not a PC gamer so I can't fully judge a console by its spec sheet:P

11 minutes ago, Aloy said:

Hmm..that makes sense but from what I have watched (dev interviews, DF did one a few days ago), devs seem happy with Series S, for now. Although how it performs later down the road when serious Next gen games start hitting the streets (like that UE5 demo), remains to be seen. I'm not a PC gamer so I can't fully judge a console by its spec sheet:P

Do you really expect them to say they're not happy? And some of them did say it. In any case 35k is a rip-off, should've been 26k max. For additional 5-7k you'll get a PS5 DE lol.

28 minutes ago, Aloy said:

Yeah I hope they start their own subscription based service. Competition is good for the consumers

The doom/ID tech devs whose tweets complained about the Series S, those tweets are now deleted after the acquisition lol.

21 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Do you really expect them to say they're not happy? And some of them did say it. In any case 35k is a rip-off, should've been 26k max. For additional 5-7k you'll get a PS5 DE lol.

Haha you are right. Devs can't sh*t where they eat. I hope PS5 DE remains under 40K but the chances seem slim. I'm not  in the second hard market for physical games as I only buy 2-3 big games a year and rely on PSN sales for others, so the DE would suffice for me.

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

The doom/ID tech devs whose tweets complained about the Series S, those tweets are now deleted after the acquisition lol.

Wow didn't know about this...that's hilarious

3 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Havent you been reading up on series S? :rofl:

That POS is weaker than one X :rofl:

Its not. 

Memory bandwidth is lower for 1080p-1440p resolution but saying its weaker is dumb. Everything is based on next gen AMD technology. You will soon see when DF do their analysis. 

Gears 5 is enhanced for XSS and its 1080p120fps on S. Show me 120fps One X?. All One X can do achieve 4k in selected games thanks to high memory bandwidth which was designed keeping 4k resolution in mind.