The Xbox Series X|S thread

I use pc gamepass and don’t see so many issues with it for day to day usage. If one wants to purchase as a collector like cc said I can understand that, but I don’t think the app is bad enough to warrant purchasing games on alternate platforms like steam/egs !!

Edited by Ne0

Here's Spencer's memo in full:

"It's been a little over three months since the Activision, Blizzard, and King teams joined Microsoft. As we move forward in 2024, the leadership of Microsoft Gaming and Activision Blizzard is committed to aligning on a strategy and an execution plan with a sustainable cost structure that will support the whole of our growing business. Together, we've set priorities, identified areas of overlap, and ensured that we're all aligned on the best opportunities for growth.

"As part of this process, we have made the painful decision to reduce the size of our gaming workforce by approximately 1900 roles out of the 22,000 people on our team. The Gaming Leadership Team and I are committed to navigating this process as thoughtfully as possible. The people who are directly impacted by these reductions have all played an important part in the success of Activision Blizzard, ZeniMax and the Xbox teams, and they should be proud of everything they've accomplished here. We are grateful for all of the creativity, passion and dedication they have brought to our games, our players and our colleagues. We will provide our full support to those who are impacted during the transition, including severance benefits informed by local employment laws. Those whose roles will be impacted will be notified, and we ask that you please treat your departing colleagues with the respect and compassion that is consistent with our values.

"Looking ahead, we'll continue to invest in areas that will grow our business and support our strategy of bringing more games to more players around the world. Although this is a difficult moment for our team, I'm as confident as ever in your ability to create and nurture the games, stories and worlds that bring players together.
"Phil."

ZhugeEX says 'That’s 5,900 video game industry layoffs in 2024 so far, nearly 60% of 2023s total, and we’re not even at the end of January.' 

Seems layoffs this year will be even worse than 2023 in gaming industry. 

Edited by gecko89

https://x.com/JezCorden/status/1750590022842278391?s=20 

Microsoft has also shut down departments dedicated to bringing Xbox games to physical retail ... which if you've seen the digital-only Xbox console leaks ... well, you can get an idea of where Microsoft is going here.

Edited by Snake

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Whatever happened to those labour unions even within ABK who were pro acquisition?!? :rofl: 

Didn’t those assholes see it coming?!? :loser: 

The guy who was probably the worst employer in the history of gaming got his golden parachute out from his legal troubles & possibly removal from the CEO & Board seat & some of the people who were fighting for their human rights got booted from the company instead :doh: 

Sledgehammer Got totally waisted by getting to make a DLC instead of AW2 which they wanted.

I don’t think they’ll ever be able to produce AW,WW2 or Vanguard level of games ever again.

On 1/28/2024 at 8:22 PM, Heaven Angel said:

Rumor Could be coming on Gamepass

GE72FRtakAAprXC?format=jpg&name=largeIts not

3 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Sit Tight Beeches !

They are going multiplat for sure judging by the language and i think day 1 ends in gamepass where games will be added after 6 months now.

GP with cod games day 1 means they are losing a lot of money which they wouldn’t want . They will have 2 options to increase price further or release games after 6 months .

6 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

They are going multiplat for sure judging by the language and i think day 1 ends in gamepass where games will be added after 6 months now.

GP with cod games day 1 means they are losing a lot of money which they wouldn’t want . They will have 2 options to increase price further or release games after 6 months .

That model was never sustainable those who thought AAA games days 1 on s substitubtion is good they all stand corrected now.. Sure it was great for gamers but developers were clearly not happy about it.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sobbii said:

developers were clearly not happy about it.. 

Even the ones who weren’t part of it.

It was specifically designed to harm the ones doing good work by distracting gamers & making them spend time on something free/cheap!!

Though it was good for some startup developers who otherwise wouldn’t have gotten noticed.

Baseline subscriptions will still exist but I don’t think it’s practical to start killing each other with price wars.

I hope everyone in all of entertainment industry take this as a lesson.

20 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Another again

They gonna be a full time controller designer/manufacturer soon 😂

I hope they refund my new xbox if they shutting shop or exchange with PS 😅

• Sad 1