The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

1 minute ago, AnK said:

That’s a lot of info to know about “body bags” 

until & unless you know someone personally there is absolutely no way to know their vaccination status 

Too hard to believe social media these days 

Yeah.

And undercounting of deaths is a worldwide phenomenon.

Everywhere they count the deaths which are “died because of covid” and not “died with covid”.

Even George Floyd was Covid +ve.

Well, you don't have a choice.
Get vaccinated with whatever is available.
Clotting risk of AZ is much lesser than the chance of developing a blood clot in a year.
I am not sure why people are still thinking that they have a choice or will have a choice.

Indian government recently amended it's rules for trials regarding covid vaccines . Vaccines don't need to have clinical trials in India now . If a vaccine is approved in US/UK or other top European countries /Japan  then it will be approved for emergency use . 
Pfizer is currently in talks with Indian government and may get an emergency approval soon . Vaccine supplies are running short In general so it might take a while before vaccine arrives here. 
Also like others pointed out here Pfizer vaccines need to be stored at -70 degree Celsius which is going to be a huge logistical challenge to store and distribute vaccine's here. 
Also Pfizer and its partner bio tech will only supply vaccines through government contracts as they want to do vaccination drive here for humanitarian reasons and will do it without any profits. So it won't be possible or states or private hospitals to purchase their vaccine . 

Bro if a covid vaccine is available in your area get inoculated asap. Dont wait for covaxin either. Pfizer is pursuing the government for approval but India will not give sovereign guarantees or hypothecate assets i guess. That's not the way modi rolls. Take whatever you get now. Pick and choose for maybe next year. 

The reason I specifically asked for mRNA based vaccine is because if I am correct we can only get one type of vaccine right?

If that is the case and we can get only one I would prefer taking Moderna or Pfizer which have a Efficacy of 94% and 95% respectively for mild or moderate cases compared to roughly 80% for AZ. Plus no risk of blood clotting.

While all 3 are excellent for severe cases the better rate in mild cases seems more attractive to me.

If there is a possibility that waiting a month or two gets mRNA vaccine as an option I would want to take that for 10% better efficacy though if it’s not going to come at all might as well take AZ and finish it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got vaccinated today. BL Kapoor hospital Delhi. Went early around 7:45am. Token number was 18. No waiting. Immediately sent to the vaccination booth. First one to get vaccinated in the booth I was sent to. Really really huge area. Lots of air.  30 minute observation area waiting. Everyone was double masked with 50% wearing shields.

Seemed like the most ideal scenario for getting vaccinated at this time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Source? 

No one can have a source for this because no one has been vaccinated for a year yet. I don't have the link but UK health body confirmed immunity for 6 months so far.

Edited by rdsarna

34 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

The reason I specifically asked for mRNA based vaccine is because if I am correct we can only get one type of vaccine right?

If that is the case and we can get only one I would prefer taking Moderna or Pfizer which have a Efficacy of 94% and 95% respectively for mild or moderate cases compared to roughly 80% for AZ. Plus no risk of blood clotting.

While all 3 are excellent for severe cases the better rate in mild cases seems more attractive to me.

If there is a possibility that waiting a month or two gets mRNA vaccine as an option I would want to take that for 10% better efficacy though if it’s not going to come at all might as well take AZ and finish it off.

Bro if optics matter to you a lot then Covisheild has been approved in EU. They will approve only the best of the vaccines. Plus UK has made AZ vaccine the center pc of their immunization program. I cant force you to cuz i myself would have preferred pfizer but i am not playing with availablity. Ill take pfizer or moderna next year. Just like a flu shot as the virus keeps mutating. Plus around 17 cr ppl have been vaccinated so how many clotting cases have been reported here?

Pfizer vaccine has triggered heart conditions in some people for that matter. 

"Britain has made the AstraZeneca vaccine the centerpiece of its successful vaccination campaign."

https://www.news18.com/amp/news/world/eu-doesnt-renew-order-for-astrazeneca-vaccine-3721814.html

2 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Everyone who was eligible to get vaccinated in the initial phase but didn't, thought the same way and see where we are now.

And I don't think you know what efficacy really means. It's not for "mild to moderate cases", it's the % chance an individual will develop an immune response to covid, doesn't matter if the infection turns out to be mild/moderate/severe.

Also you can take multiple vaccines, taking one doesn't mean you can't other down the line.

But god forbid if someone gets corona while waiting for a "better" vaccine and it doesn't end up going very well.

You have seen people dying, right? You have seen experts asking people to get vaccinated, right? You are ready to wait 2 months and then there might be another news about Pfizer and Moderna and you will pin your hopes to wait a little more.

If even after all this you want to wait because you want a better vaccine then there isn't any conversation here.

Edited by KunjanPSD
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Right said:

Yeah.

And undercounting of deaths is a worldwide phenomenon.

Everywhere they count the deaths which are “died because of covid” and not “died with covid”.

Even George Floyd was Covid +ve.

3 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Wrong quote

Not questioning undercounts, but a lot depends on the interpretation of death. There can be 2 types of deaths classified in COVID cases - death due to COVID as an underlying disease (example: Viral pneumonia) and death due to an illness in a patient who is COVID positive, but cause cannot be confirmed as COVID (called as COVID related death; example: Heart attack). 

WHO has a detailed guideline: https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/332297?search-result=true&query=Reporting+covid+death&scope=&rpp=10&sort_by=score&order=desc

Minnerva runs a verbal autopsy course, primarily for correctly identifying the cause of death: https://causeofdeathindia.com/

Death reporting is a science in itself. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 1