The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

They weren't the only one discussing it recently. All those articles were based on some leaked report. This is by an Australian website

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/politics/chinese-military-scientists-discussed-weaponising-sars-coronaviruses/news-story/850ae2d2e2681549cb9d21162c52d4c0

Chinese military scientists discussed weaponising SARS coronaviruses

27 minutes ago, AnK said:

It’s unbelievable to be honest 

after his coronil fiasco 

Seems like a one up by Govnt. to clean his image 

& their own for supporting him 

Coronil wasn’t marketed, scientifically.

There is no doubt Giloy & Neem, which are used to treat pneumonia and asthma, would boost immunity against Covid. 

I gulp Neem-aamla-giloy tonic every once in a while.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I recently saw an ad on Aaj Tak for Coronil which said "India's only evidence based medicine for coronavirus". 

I think they claimed it was WHO approved at the time of launch… than people had to fact check them and than they relented..

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/m.economictimes.com/industry/cons-products/fmcg/patanjalis-coronil-not-who-certified-or-approved-no-traditional-medicine-certified-by-who-for-covid-cure/amp_articleshow/81134456.cms

19 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

They weren't the only one discussing it recently. All those articles were based on some leaked report. This is by an Australian website

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/politics/chinese-military-scientists-discussed-weaponising-sars-coronaviruses/news-story/850ae2d2e2681549cb9d21162c52d4c0

Chinese military scientists discussed weaponising SARS coronaviruses

The Australian is also a propaganda site. Owned by Murdoch (which should flag a lot of things).

I'm not saying that they are wrong, but DailyMail and Australian aren't the best sources. 

2 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

So one way or other, you're getting it right

? ??

Just now, KunjanPSD said:

Lockdown extended again in Delhi.

Seedha 1 mahine ka hi kardete, kya dheere dheere badha rhe hai.

If they announce it like that, people will loose their sh*t. 

19 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

If they announce it like that, people will loose their sh*t. 

People are already loosing their sh*t here.

Almost everyone knew this was gonna happen.

Sucks big time because even deliveries aren't happening. Almost everything is being sold off at a hiked up price while my friends in US keep sending videos of Stars War Land in Disney World.

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Very similar findings to what Lancet published I believe . Also I can't remember which study it was that said if you wear N95 mask properly (tight fit ) and maintain proper social distancing there's 89% chance you won't get covid . And if other persons around you also wear masks properly then there's a 96% chance you won't get covid .

In indoors in poorly ventilated areas the risk.is higher as aersols can remain suspended in the air for a longer time.  

Another study found that In a 2000 square feet (with air conditioning)  gym with only 10 people , covid aerosols remain suspended in the air for almost 35 mins.  

3 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Another study found that In a 2000 square feet (with air conditioning)  gym with only 10 people , covid aerosols remain suspended in the air for almost 35 mins.  

Quite a lot of these available.

One study found out that in a 5000sq feet restaurant, one person sitting at one extreme end was able to infect another person sitting at another extreme end in a matter of 10 mins.

The evidence of virus dispersion via aerosol was always there.

4 hours ago, AnK said:

It was as close to it as possible 

When health minister himself is standing besides you & co-incidentally chairs a top rotating spot in WHO

See that’s the gimmicky part.

All he had to do was publish papers, do clinical trials and put it transparently.

Leaning on shoulders of govt which is run by party whose eminent members keep asking ppl to drink gaumutra for everything isn’t the best strategy.

And this is why I feel he has done disservice to Ayurveda.

1 hour ago, Krazyniks said:

Many studies have shown aerosols (micro) persist for nearly 3 hours in stagnant air, and depending on humidity, can even persist for 24 hours. 

BTW:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/india/how-taking-care-of-children-with-covid-19-poses-extraordinary-challenges/articleshow/82485815.cms

So nearly 10-12 times kids getting affected vs wave 1. It's pretty apparent if this turns serious in kids, we don't have enough peadiatric wards to take care of them. 

Another one:

CEF4CuD.jpg

If the govt does not take it seriously, and kids start dying, we might see some violent times. People won't take it lying down as is happening in wave 2. 

• Thanks 1