The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

54 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I have a question for people who have got the vaccine or seen one of your family members receiving it. How was your vial stored just before receiving the shot?

In my case it was out with 20 other single shot vials on a table when i went to receive it. Wont it affect the vaccine's efficacy if it is not stored in fridge till it is supposed to be given?

7 minutes ago, Right said:

Dad got covishield,  he told me that the vial was stored in the icebox, he got it from 10-doses-in-one vial.

I asked Mom and she told me it was in a thermocol box, so I am guessing it was a cool/ice box.

However, they would take out 1 vial before the next person would walk in so that it doesn't take time.

59 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I have a question for people who have got the vaccine or seen one of your family members receiving it. How was your vial stored just before receiving the shot?

In my case it was out with 20 other single shot vials on a table when i went to receive it. Wont it affect the v

accine's efficacy if it is not stored in fridge till it is supposed to be given?

They remove single shots individually from the vial before giving it. Icebox is kept nearby but there are guys constantly coming so the unused ones are kept inside the icebox whereas the current one is kept in that doctors bowl ( cashew shaped dunno what it's called) along with cotton and spirit and a bunch of pcm. 

16 minutes ago, Right said:

Dad got covishield,  he told me that the vial was stored in the icebox, he got it from 10-doses-in-one vial.

6 minutes ago, SuperT said:

I asked Mom and she told me it was in a thermocol box, so I am guessing it was a cool/ice box.

However, they would take out 1 vial before the next person would walk in so that it doesn't take time.

4 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

They remove single shots individually from the vial before giving it. Icebox is kept nearby but there are guys constantly coming so the unused ones are kept inside the icebox whereas the current one is kept in that doctors bowl ( cashew shaped dunno what it's called) along with cotton and spirit and a bunch of pcm. 

yeh mere saath hota hi hai. there were 20 vials out in a simple cardboard box :scratchchin:they were just out there and didnt see them taking it out from anywhere. plus my center was one at a time. there was no queue and it was more of a walkin get shot and off to observation. at my center getting the next shot ready to save time was not necessary. :-|

Edited by Bhpian Bali

16 minutes ago, Right said:

They are just reporting the reality. Is she falsifying news?

12 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

They are just reporting the reality. Is she falsifying news?

She did, her own father's.

Her father wasn't ready to go to hospital, when he got ready, she got him the best one, Medanta, that could be found.

Then she made story about ambulance not having proper oxygen supply, which wasn't true and refuted by the driver.

14 minutes ago, Right said:

She did, her own father's.

Her father wasn't ready to go to hospital, when he got ready, she got him the best one, Medanta, that could be found.

Then she made story about ambulance not having proper oxygen supply, which wasn't true and refuted by the driver.

It's a matter of he said she said. No one knows the reality. Apart from her father's case, which we can assume she used for propaganda, whatever else is reported by her or other leftist media is truth. If people can't digest it and they think that reality maligns the image of their failed nation, then it's their problem and they are just setting up themselves for 3rd wave.

• Like 9

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/10/who-classifies-triple-mutant-covid-variant-from-india-as-global-health-risk-.html

Triple Mutant? thought it was Double, but Global Health Risk, now. This is not we needed.\

9 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

It's a matter of he said she said. No one knows the reality. Apart from her father's case, which we can assume she used for propaganda, whatever else is reported by her or other leftist media is truth. If people can't digest it and they think that reality maligns the image of their failed nation, then it's their problem and they are just setting up themselves for 3rd wave.

I don't agree that every leftist newspiece is propaganda.

Someone has to report the death & destruction, it is impossible to overlook.

But vulturism needs to be avoided. And it is not the first time BDutt is accused of something like this.

15 hours ago, Walker said:

While our friends took about 15-16 days, the kids apparently were fine much faster. Oldest is 10, youngest is 3.

Yeah kids are recovering much faster than adults from covid in this wave as well as last wave . 

In September last year my wife's gynaecologist told us that covid 19 virus isn't impacting kids much because the virus attacks a particular gland in our body which is not found in children less than 12 years . The gynaecologist , her husband and their 2 kids ( 3 year old twins) got infected in late August last year that is when she consulted all the top doctors and paediatricians and got this information . Their kids were only given liquid supplements of multi vitamins and recovered fast.  

As a father of 9.5 months baby , I m being positive that our kids will remain protected from covid even if there's a 3rd wave . The increased number of infections in children less than 18 years old (5x as per reports ) in this 2nd wave in quite similar to the increase in adults ( 4x cases daily from last peak ) . 

Ideally we need vaccines for kids as early as possible but even in the absence of them I am quite hopeful that even newer variants won't affect kids much as till now there is no data even from other countries who have had 3rd waves about newer variants severely affecting kids more than before. .

Edited by Krazyniks
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Right said:

12-yo girl who lives in flat across mine has recovered within 10 days.
Not sure if they got her tested again, but guess they did.

No need for test again after recovery is what I know of.

• Like 1

Guys, hearing of more than a few cases where despite showing recovery, people are suddenly dropping SpO2 around the 10th day and are not making it. Young, fit people with no history of problems. 
What’s going on? 

17 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

This disease is brutal. My wife's taiji got tested today morning as the three other family members including a 1 yr old girl were showing symptoms. Developed breathing difficulty in the afternoon and passed away at the hospital. 

No warning. My wife spoke to her cousin bhabhi yesterday and she didnt even mention that anything was wrong as such in the family. Covid took that lady's life in an instant. Had blood sugar prob is what we heard. 

This is in delhi. Trying to find out if she got any dose of the vaccine. 

Wife's taiji's condition deteriorated the same day she got tested, had undergone some heart related procedure recently, had diabetes and had got her first dose of vaccine around 15 days back. Passed away in the ambulance while being taken to a hospital. 

No protection after 15 days of taking a vaccine.

Even though i am vaccinated with Covishield with the way it was stored at my center I guess i will continue double masking and face shield for the near future. Will try getting second shot at a better place. 

1 hour ago, achilles said:

Guys, hearing of more than a few cases where despite showing recovery, people are suddenly dropping SpO2 around the 10th day and are not making it. Young, fit people with no history of problems. 
What’s going on? 

Just bad luck that they got severe version of the disease.