Sign in to follow this  
HundredProofSam

Movie Discussion Thread

15 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

With the exception of one set piece (the chase in the middle of the movie) the action was really bland and boring. And most of the dialogue was genuinely cringy awful. 

Agreed on all counts. 

This was my first F&F movie though. Went to see it coz a friend insisted. And he showed me that chase sequence on youtube to sell me on the movie.

So I'd already seen the one good action scene in the movie before even seeing the movie :\

Saw once upon a time in Hollywood. Probably Tarantino's worst movie. Last half an hour or so is baller. Stellar performance by Brad Pitt and Leo. Regarding censorship, only a*s, a**hole and bastard is censored. So that's like probably 10-15 times. f**k, sh*t etc is not censored. Censoring f**k would have rendered the movie unwatchable. Violence is not at all censored.

Also Cinepolis gave us apology voucher for a free Imax movie which can be watched till 15/9. Idk what were they apologizing for, it just said apologies for inconvenience, here is the free movie voucher.

Edited by Big Boss

16 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Also Cinepolis gave us apology voucher for a free Imax movie which can be watched till 15/9. Idk what were the apologizing for, it just said apologies for inconvenience, here is the free movie voucher.

That is amazing. :rofl: 

4 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Also Cinepolis gave us apology voucher for a free Imax movie which can be watched till 15/9. Idk what were they apologizing for, it just said apologies for inconvenience, here is the free movie voucher.

Subtitles? 

Watched Once upon a time in Hollywood last night.

It works more like a time capsule than a standard movie. It is very leisurely paced and is in no hurry to go anywhere. It doesn't really build up to anything either.

It is quite literally just a peek into what a specific couple of days were like in the lives of a washed up actor and his stuntman friend. What this means is that it is more of a collection of short stories than a novel.

It does give you a very strong sense of time and place though and I feel like that is what the movie is primarily going for.

I did still like it quite a bit as I was entertained and fascinated by it. But I can't really say I loved it because it ultimately lacked any worthwhile impact.

It feels like the kind of movie that you'd want to have playing in the background while doing something else.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1

Around 15 minutes footage is just people driving with music. No dialogues or anything. I would have liked it more if I knew anything about Sharon Tate. Too bad I didn't read about her. I would have enjoyed the movie way more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Around 15 minutes footage is just people driving with music. No dialogues or anything. I would have liked it more if I knew anything about Sharon Tate. Too bad I didn't read about her. I would have enjoyed the movie way more.

Yeah and I was slightly disappointed by that because that is the main USP of Tarantino movies for me.

But I did have a fair idea of what to expect coz I had watched Stuckmann's review beforehand. Props to him for rightly calling it a "chill" movie. I booked recliner seats, propped my legs up, relaxed and just enjoyed the movie for what it is.

43 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Yup that charles manson and his cult story is the most interesting part of the movie.

Mindhunter season 2 has the same actor potraying charles manson

Edited by hazard12345