Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

I think the makers of Joker had mentioned that there won't be any similarities/links to any of the already existing material (comics, especially) for the origin story. This is simply the writer's and Todd Phillips' interpretation of what Joker's origin could be.

Comparisons to Ledger's performance, though, is inevitable, for most of the people who have seen TDK.

For Joker sticking to the comics for big screen is next to impossible in today's climate with how easily various groups and people get offended. Good to see fresh take on origins of Joker.... 

Alita ended when things got interesting. So stupid. Now we have to wait for the sequel... 

In an interview with BBC Radio 1, Cameron explained the reason for rearranging the film title from the initial source material, allowing the possibilities of sequel titles, "It's Alita, colon, Battle Angel. Because the next one will be "Alita: Fallen Angel" and then Alita... you know "Avenging Angel" and then Alita whatever. I mean, that's assuming we make some money".

33 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Alita ended when things got interesting. So stupid. Now we have to wait for the sequel... 

Which technically is not green lit yet.

Alita, pacing was all wrong, first half is slow and second half is rushed... they could have balanced it by showing more of derby how she first enter and struggle blah blah and finally wins and stuff.. the usual underdog story would have worked here...

13 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Terminator Dark Fate Trailer

Holy sh*t that trailer is so good bro. And the director of Deadpool. 

Kinda excited. 

Edited by Joe Cool

Anyone who wants to feel better about life, go watch SAAHO. The idiot producers and director just blew 350 crore rupees ramming cars and breaking buildings. The film actually succeeded in being worse than my super low expectations. 

Why are most Telugu films so cliched and horrible? How do the fans and audience accept such BS?

Edited by kmkaks

13 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Terminator Dark Fate Trailer

Perfect timing I caught this just after watching the Cyberpunk reveal, feels like the same universe.

Linda Hamilton is BAD a*s!!! She overshadows everyone else, even Old man T800.

Edited by Joe Cool

Wow. IGN 10/10.

Starring a captivating Joaquin Phoenix, The Clown Prince of Crime gets a standalone film for the ages with Joker. :wOOtjumpy:

RT Average Rating: 9.15/10

• Having brazenly plundered the films of Scorsese, Phillips fashions stolen ingredients into something new, so that what began as a gleeful cosplay session turns progressively more dangerous - and somehow more relevant, too.
  • Phoenix has plumbed depths so deep and given such a complex, brutal and physically transformative performance, it would be no surprise to see him take home a statuette or two come award season.
  • "Joker" is a dark, brooding and psychologically plausible origin story, a vision of cartoon sociopathy made flesh.
  • Bold, devastating and utterly beautiful, Todd Phillips and Joaquin Phoenix have not just reimagined one of the most iconic villains in cinema history, but reimagined the comic book movie itself.
  • Joaquin Phoenix's fully committed performance and Todd Phillips' masterful albeit loose reinvention of the DC source material make Joker a film that should leave comic book fans and non-fans alike disturbed and moved in all the right ways.
  • Superhero blockbuster this is not: a playful fireman's-pole-based homage to the old Batman television series is one of a very few lighthearted moments in an otherwise oppressively downbeat and reality-grounded urban thriller...
  • A dazzlingly disturbed psycho morality play, one that speaks to the age of incels and mass shooters and no-hope politics, of the kind of hate that emerges from crushed dreams.
  • Joker is wild, crazy, and intense, and I was left speechless by the end of the film. Joaquin Phoenix delivers a spine-chilling performance. Todd Phillips has done to the Joker what Nolan has done to Batman with an origin story that feels very real.
  • Not to discredit the imaginative vision of the writer-director, his co-scripter and invaluable tech and design teams, but Phoenix is the prime force that makes Joker such a distinctively edgy entry in the Hollywood comics industrial complex.
  • You'll definitely feel like you'll need a shower after seeing it, but once you've dried off and changed clothes, you'll want to do nothing else but parse and dissect it.

Edited by Heaven Angel

On 8/31/2019 at 1:34 AM, kmkaks said:

Anyone who wants to feel better about life, go watch SAAHO. The idiot producers and director just blew 350 crore rupees ramming cars and breaking buildings. The film actually succeeded in being worse than my super low expectations. 

Why are most Telugu films so cliched and horrible? How do the fans and audience accept such BS?

Even though you had super low expectations the fact that you bought tickets and went to the movie, is what the producers were hoping for. To bring in people. 

5 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

First reactions for Joker are in. I know these reactions tend to exaggerate things, but I feel like we've got the real deal here.

Looks like reviews will be out soon too.

Jesus f**king christ. Cringy sh*t like this is why no one trusts previews from anyone. 

I know there is a really good chance this movie will be fantastic. But come the f**k on man. I am actually surprised he didnt call it the Citizen Kane of comic book movies. O.o

Edited by Aftrunner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2