Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Watched a few movies this past few days . .

Underground 6: I kinda liked it, top notch action, story could be better but would love a sequel.

Joker: I can see why this made a billion dollars, got me hooked til the end.

Rambo Last Blood: A good one time watch, nothing more nothing less.

The Wailing: Holy f*ck, I should watch more Korean films.

On 12/30/2019 at 8:59 AM, Big Boss said:

Saw Knives out. It was okay. Massively overrated.

On 12/30/2019 at 3:03 PM, The Batman said:

Agreed. Massively overrated. 

The Good Liar was a much better thriller and well acted movie than Knives Out. IMO.

So boring.. 🥱

Edited by Heaven Angel

Ford v Ferrari was fantastic. Loved every moment of it. Bale still got it. Damon was good as well. The pacing, acting, delivery, direction were all perfect. I can't find anything bad in the movie.

Probably my favorite movie of 2019. 

2 hours ago, dangalphthegrey said:

I thought Knives Out was great. 

Yeah. I'm surprised to see people not liking it much here.

I thought it was one of those movies that pretty much everyone would love.

On 1/1/2020 at 3:35 PM, adity said:

Finally got around to watching Irishman. It's a very different movie from what I expected but great nonetheless. The actors were all great especially Pacino. 

i liked the movie, but after scorsese's comment on marvel movies not being real cinema, i watched this movie as a proper "rando" :P critic and i didnt find it living up to scorsese hype of his story telling.

Edited by Freelancer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Freelancer said:

i liked the movie, but after scorsese's comment on marvel movies not being real cinema, i watched this movie as a proper critic and i didnt find it living up to scorsese hype of his story telling.

Since you consider yourself a "proper critic", surely you can come up with a better (and more objective) critique of the movie than just saying "storytelling didn't live up to the hype"?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Since you consider yourself a "proper critic", surely you can come up with a better (and more objective) critique of the movie than just saying "storytelling didn't live up to the hype"?

I just  wanted to express my feelings towards the movie in a compact way, and not write a comprehensive review. scorsese is proud of his story telling which was not impressive. unlike you, who is a critic of members posts, try to stay relevant and not wander into unnecessary details :P try to understand before assuming.. 

Edited by Freelancer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Freelancer said:

I just  wanted to express my feelings towards the movie in a compact way, and not write a comprehensive review. scorsese is proud of his story telling which was not impressive. unlike you, who is a critic of members posts, try to stay relevant and not wander into unnecessary details :P try to understand before assuming.. 

So a "proper critic" who can't even offer a proper critique. :lol:

Stop considering yourself that because you're just a rando with an opinion like the rest of us on this forum.

49 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

So a "proper critic" who can't even offer a proper critique. :lol:

Stop considering yourself that because you're just a rando with an opinion like the rest of us on this forum.

i guess there is a degree that you need to have to be considered  a proper critic, which i dont have, currently i am busy with my surgery degree :P and i have limited time to come here and take part in discussions. thanks to senior members like you who discourage rando's like me from participating... i am out of this thread.. :)

Edited by Freelancer
  • Like 1

Be nice guys. No reason to get mad. If you like X movie, that's good for you. Everyone here is to share their own opinion. 

Personally, I can't watch 3+ hour movies these days without falling asleep. 😴

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ne0 said:

The first movie was nerve wracking, to the point where I had to pause and take a break in between.  This one seems a bit more fast paced and action filled, might be easier on the nerves :P

If it's "Fast paced and action filled" it will flop. The entire charm of Quiet Place was exactly that - everything had to be quiet and you had to do everything without making a sound. It's also why the movie was better off in theaters and not at home where random noises are everywhere. Without that, it's Random Monster Movie #4842. And that's the exact vibe the trailer is giving me unfortunately :(

• Like 1

Zombieland: Double Tap was disappointing. 😪 First movie was so much better and enjoyable while this one was stupid. Evolved zombies did nothing in entire movie to show their evolved form. Movie felt like a bad fan service. 

Fighting with My Family - garbage. Like holy shite so bad. She was worse than models who showed up but one small terrible acted moment with family suddenly changed all. Friend and I just face-palmed all the way. How this shite so highly received by critics is beyond me. 

Good Boys -  another bad movie but at least it was so bad that it was fun for 30 minutes. Do 12 years talk trash like this.. Garbage. 

Klaus - surprisingly good. Usually not a fan of such animation style but this movie was wholesome. Very good Christmas and family movie.