The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

Honestly. 2020 LG Models are a downgrade. They have removed HDMI 2.0 from their devices and kept the price costly. So I would recommend if you could buy 2019 version or buy other brand. I have LG tv 7500PK. 55 inch. And quite satisfied.

3 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Would suggest either the Nokia or the Motorola one. Budget LG TVs are not great, from what I have heard, and I have seen & actively dislike the pq in VU tvs.

2 minutes ago, adity said:

At what point do TVs start getting good? I'm talking decent PQ and real HDR. OLEDs are way out of budget. I'm wanna have one by the time ps5 launches. 

This damn PS5 will cost us a lot man. even i am tempted looking at prices of TVs. but ps5 + tv is gonna cost us over 1.2 lacs. will have to buy them on those 0 % emi schemes. 

Just now, dante77 said:
11 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

between motorola and nokia which one do you recommend? 

Nokia doesn't even have a dual band wifi. A deal breaker. Motorola reviews are good, its better than other budget TVs.

what is a dual band wifi? and how is different from other wifi's? bro in law will connect his apple tv and amazon firestick to the tv anyway so i have a feeling that a dual band wifi is not a must have in case the picture quality is good?

Ohh sorry I meant to say 5GHz support.

I think I have seen the reviews of both and Moto just came out as a better package. PQ, you have to see it with your own eyes but reviewers suggested moto as a better tv overall. Picture quality should be more or less the same!

Ohh yeah I think Nokia has some branded speakers too so that TV as they said sounds better. Its just a claim but I think those branded speakers will be better.

15 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

between motorola and nokia which one do you recommend? 

One of my flatmates has the Motorola, so I would recommend it. Picture quality is fine enough for the price and they have put some focus on the audio, which is good.

It does not have 5Ghz support, which is not an issue if you are going to use streaming devices anyway.

14 minutes ago, adity said:

At what point do TVs start getting good? I'm talking decent PQ and real HDR. OLEDs are way out of budget. I'm wanna have one by the time ps5 launches. 

Have you considered the 4K HDR LG monitor @rAgHaV and @Big Boss has recommended in other threads?

Only concern would be the small size I suppose 

One of my flatmates has the Motorola, so I would recommend it. Picture quality is fine enough for the price and they have put some focus on the audio, which is good.

It does not have 5Ghz support, which is not an issue if you are going to use streaming devices anyway.
Ohhh f**k I am wrong moto also doesn't have 5Ghz lol

37 minutes ago, adity said:

Exactly. I do have a decent 4k TV but HDR is a bit lacking. OLEDS are always around 1.2-1.5L range which is expensive, now I can still spring for it but I am pretty sure that with my use case burn-in is certain. My friend has a C8 and even with all the tech, he still got burn-in.

I am looking at Sony 900 series but that isn't cheap either. Not sure about this whole decision.

Edited by kunjanp

With the ban on importing color television in India now would be good to see whether Samsung and LG increase there prices 
This is an extremely shitty move especially when we have almost 0 local production. Why not ban import of mobiles and PC components so that we can all use jio phones and use Shakti processors instead of intel/amd

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread