The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

21 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

If you don't follow Linus, he is one of the biggest supporters of OLED and LG.

Such praise coming from him really shows what a well-done Mini-LED TV can achieve.

It's almost as dark, equivalent contrast and PQ but considerably brighter. No burn-in possibility.

Price is equivalent to OLED but I am sure that with future generations and the competition this will bring to the market, prices will come down across the board.

Really excited to upgrade in 2022.

8 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

mini-led has nearly the same deep blacks as oled but gets insanely bright, no burn-in due to organic material degradation in oled

it's just better 

If it can provide near OLED quality without the burn in risk, at OLED comparable price, then it’s an obvious win.

Just now, quixote_1989 said:

If it can provide near OLED quality without the burn in risk, at OLED comparable price, then it’s an obvious win.

By the looks of it, it very much can.

I am just hoping that somehow in the next generation these get close to the level of density on the new Ipad Pro.

Even doubling the current number of zones will absolutely knock it out or just increase the yields and drive the price down.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The price is nowhere near comparable right now but yeah 

In US, it is actually cheaper (in $):

55C1: 1800  vs

55QN85A: 1400 vs

55QN90A: 1700

65C1: 2500  vs

65QN85A: 2000 vs

65QN90A: 2300

77C1: 3800  vs

75QN85A: 3000 vs

75QN90A: 3500

In the video, they tested QN85A, there is QN90A as well which has a VA panel hence even better contrast and gets even brighter and still cheaper than the OLEDs.

India is a different story as always. Can't really blame it on the tech.

31 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Oh QN is miniled? 

Meh. I've seen the reviews. Still has blooming and not enough dimming zones. 

I think people are comparing it while sitting at a feet from the TV. In addition to Linus's I saw couple other reviews and they find it very promising. Obviously will have to see it ourselves first.

7 hours ago, AnK said:

Is there any TV sale tracker like the ones for vaccines & PS5 

There were a lot of discounts going on TV’s & I wanted to buy one but couldn’t because of the lockdown 

& now most of the prices on Toshiba U5050 series are back up 

Wanted to buy someone in that range in 50 inches 

Is toshiba better or TLC P615 in the same range?!?

You won't be finding the best discounts online.

Try calling some nearby store or get a number of some sales guy, they will provide you a far better deal especially seeing that sales have gone down.

Yeah I’m getting Toshiba 50” U5050 for 34 when it’s HDFC card day on flipkart 

36.5 with 3 year warranty 

that’s the lowest I can see 

Plus contacting,visiting,getting it picked is a hassle during curfew 
waiting for lockdown to end 
If you do end it buying please post a review. I am looking at it as a replacement for my parents TV.

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread

Is this TV good?

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08G21VNQQ/

Aunt wants a full HD television on 30K budget. Only requirement is set top box. I checked only sony/lg and samsung because I don't want her to go through the hassle of dealing with no name brands in case of any issues.

Also smart tv is preferable so she can finally get into some OTTs.

Edited by b!T

22 minutes ago, b!T said:

Is this TV good?

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08G21VNQQ/

Aunt wants a full HD television on 30K budget. Only requirement is set top box. I checked only sony/lg and samsung because I don't want her to go through the hassle of dealing with no name brands in case of any issues.

Also smart tv is preferable so she can finally get into some OTTs.

yeah bro. Got the 2018 version of this exact series for the in laws 2 years ago. Absolutely good for the use case you mention. 

one minor caveat : It doesn’t come with the magic remote. Not a deal breaker for someone who’s just stepping into OTT but just wanted to let you know. 

Edited by Jigsaw

5 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

yeah bro. Got the 2018 version of this exact series for the in laws 2 years ago. Absolutely good for the use case you mention. 

one minor caveat : It doesn’t come with the magic remote. Not a deal breaker for someone who’s just stepping into OTT but just wanted to let you know. 

Wouldn't it better to just buy Mi Tv at this price point? It comes with Android Tv although I am not sure if it's any good.

8 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Cool, I will get this for her.

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

Wouldn't it better to just buy Mi Tv at this price point? It comes with Android Tv although I am not sure if it's any good.

I thought of Mi but the after sales support in my city is horrendous.

LG CX owners: Was greeted with the '03.21.21' update available message when I turned on the TV this morning.

Apparently, this is what it does:

"Software related minor issues improved (03.21.21)"

Reminded me of PlayStation's updates. Lol!

21 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

LG CX owners: Was greeted with the '03.21.21' update available message when I turned on the TV this morning.

Apparently, this is what it does:

"Software related minor issues improved (03.21.21)"

Reminded me of PlayStation's updates. Lol!

Replace the PS4 with a LG CX

OycsmTh.gif

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I seriously hate Sony's current Android TV UI. It looks like a high school project in front of WebOS. 

I have no personal experience with android tv barring a painful 2 months with the Airtel android STB :fogug:

The UI and experience was incredibly awful. But at least thanks to it, I went full cord-cutter.