~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

Very nice season. Enjoyed it as usual even without Akrin. Douglas and Reiser are amazing. ?

Going to miss the show. It was hard to find something like this, with an old/grumpy lead cast and show around them these days. Will re-watch it many times over the years. Great show. 

Finished watching Mare of Easttown today. Great show, it's very intense and gripping. Gets pretty somber at times and hits you hard when you least expect it to. Brilliant performance by everyone, Kate Winslet stole the show. Definitely worth a watch.

• Like 1

Finished watching Mare of Easttown today. Great show, it's very intense and gripping. Gets pretty somber at times and hits you hard when you least expect it to. Brilliant performance by everyone, Kate Winslet stole the show. Definitely worth a watch.

Mare of easttown was good. It wasn't completely focus on crime, I guess that is why the name 'Mare of EastTown' instead of some mystery murdery name. Still a good show start to finish!

Some Spoilers so don't read if you haven't seen the show-

Saw final episode last night. It was good but not mind-blowing as I could guess the twist way back. Ending left me a bit disappointed. They portrayed Lori as a victim. That was so damn rubbish. Not only she knew who real killer is she did everything to hide it from Mare and then blamed her for finding justice for Erin. And then she gets to keep DJ which was equally ridiculous as no law will allow the family to keep a child whose mother has been murdered by same people of the family. DJ deserved to stay with Dylan's parents as Erin wished.

Imo the only 2 victims in this show were Erin and Zabel. Erin was innocent and did everything she can for her son but was betrayed by everyone, especially the Ross family who were in actual her family too and died horrifically for no fault of hers and Zabel died doing his duty. Anyways, this was a good limited series overall.[\spoiler]

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

So I watched too many shows in last 1.5 month ever since I bought mesh wifi completed Money Heist, Stranger Things, Invincible, Narcos upto 2 season and Winter soldier. 

How is the Japanese show Kingdom? 

32 minutes ago, DinJo said:

So I watched too many shows in last 1.5 month ever since I bought mesh wifi completed Money Heist, Stranger Things, Invincible, Narcos upto 2 season and Winter soldier. 

How is the Japanese show Kingdom? 

Korean show you mean. 

It is F A N T A S T I C !

• Like 2

16 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Some Spoilers so don't read if you haven't seen the show-

You (or the mods) should spoiler tag this. Just add "[ spoiler ]" before and "[ /spoiler ]" after the text you're trying to hide. You'll need to remove the spaces before and after "[" and "]".

I think the show portrays everyone as victims of circumstance. No one's ever really completely bad even if they're guilty, and there's a strong theme of forgiveness as well. The priest and the bully both reform, as examples.

Interesting observation on DJ's custody, but that might have been temporary? I'm sure child services would take a look at that later. But yea, that wasn't really mentioned either way. Hmm.

Edited by Keyofx

You (or the mods) should spoiler tag this. Just add "[ spoiler ]" before and "[ /spoiler ]" after the text you're trying to hide. You'll need to remove the spaces before and after "[" and "]".

I think the show portrays everyone as victims of circumstance. No one's ever really completely bad even if they're guilty, and there's a strong theme of forgiveness as well. The priest and the bully both reform, as examples.

Interesting observation on DJ's custody, but that might have been temporary? I'm sure child services would take a look at that later. But yea, that wasn't really mentioned either way. Hmm.

Done.

Also,

I disagree that everyone was victim of circumstances. John was a true evil villain. He deliberately raped Erin at the reunion and then kept on sexually exploiting her afterwards knowing fully well she was just 14 and his niece. Then he hid her murder and tried to frame Billy for it and then even tried to murder him to cover it all up.

Also, Ryan was portrayed as an innocent kid caught up in all this but was he really innocent. He knowingly stole that pistol, smartly messaged Erin from John's phone to meet him at the park and willingly shot her twice to kill her. There was no innocence or accident in that. He planned it. And then he calmly kept this hidden till the end when Mare found the truth. So, show portraying him as innocent and reformed in juvie was absurd.[\spoiler]

On 5/27/2021 at 11:28 AM, R3D_D3ViL said:

So finished watching Gangs of London. I went in with little expectation and it turned out to be amaze-balls.

Right on the top, the action set pieces are some of the best in the medium. Action choreography is sublime and it is violent, brutal and visceral. The series is from Gareth Evans so you know where the pedigree comes from.

As a bonus the plot turned out to be your edge of the seat thriller that keeps you guessing right until the end. The performances are strong overall. Cant wait for the next season.

The platform on which it is available? All i am getting is gangs of wasseypur 

53 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Jupiter's legacy cancelled by Netflix :giggle:

Seems they are treating it like an anthalogy series. Next season wil have new title and new cast and will be about supervillains. 

Edited by dylanjosh

Camp Cretaceous S3 is possibly the best of all 3 seasons so far. Great episodes. Hope they do a S4 this year. So many angles ! 
S4 is already in the works. Haven't seen S3 yet but 1 and 2 were really good.

Kims convenience last season is on Netflix now. Time to binge it out. Also read the interview of Jung yesterday and how upset he was with the way Producers abandoned that show. Not even a proper ending.

"'Jupiter's Legacy' Season 2 Canceled at Netflix; Cast May Appear in Future Projects - What's on Netflix"

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/jupiters-legacy-season-2-netflix-renewal-status-what-we-know-so-far-06-2021/amp/

FU Netflix.