~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

12 hours ago, Big Boss said:

It's available on consoles.

Yes, but its not exactly the most convenient. and I use monitor with my PS4. I watch tv on my samsung 4k tv, and because its a few years old now it doesn't have Apple TV+. Also missing a few more small apps.

Plan to pick up a Fire Stick 4K and end this problem.

Also: Watched Ginny and Georgia on Netflix cuz it was only 1 season. Plot can be a bit messy, and some things can be a bit cringe, but overall decent stuff. 

Final episode is fantastic though.

Edited by North

1 minute ago, harsh1387 said:

Is it?
On my PS4 I can't see it under TV and audio section.

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

Oh it's on PS5 and one x/series consoles. I didn't check on PS4 or pro. Can others confirm?

17 hours ago, Keyofx said:

Yea, I liked Evil Dead more than Don't Breathe which is why I picked it :D Not saying Don't Breathe wasn't good, but Evil Dead was something special. There's something about that movie.

It's been on my watchlist for so long but I never got around to watching it. And to think, I have it on bluray too :P

Watched Ginny and Georgia on Netflix; needed something light and chill.

Its entertaining, but has plotholes and has fair amount of the usual netflix teen romance cringe. 

Now watching Family Man on Prime, before Season 2 rolls around early next month. Its actually really good. 

Edited by North

Watched Ginny and Georgia on Netflix; needed something light and chill.
Its entertaining, but has plotholes and has fair amount of the usual netflix teen romance cringe. 

Now watching Family Man on Prime, before Season 2 rolls around early next month. Its actually really good. 
If you liked Family man I will highly recommend Special ops if you haven't seen it.

15 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

If you liked Family man I will highly recommend Special ops if you haven't seen it.

Hotstar right? I think my parents watched that one already, but I'll ask them and we should be able to rewatch

Mare of Easttown: Great, great little slice-of-life/murder mystery mini-series set in a small PA town. Kate Winslet is going to be on a few award lists next year. Also, it isn't as depressing as the whole premise sounds so don't let that stop you.

MV5BYjIyOGU1NzAtODZmYi00NGMzLWJiMjItNGNjNTFjOTM5ZDJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyMjM2NDc2._V1_.jpg
Started watching this last night on hotstar. It's pretty good, Kate Winslet has done a brilliant job. I am also enjoying Evan Peters performance, his screen presence lightens things up. Hotstar needs to do a better job at marketing such quality shows, heck it doesn't even show up on any banner/home page when you open hotstar.
  • Like 1

So finished watching Gangs of London. I went in with little expectation and it turned out to be amaze-balls.

Right on the top, the action set pieces are some of the best in the medium. Action choreography is sublime and it is violent, brutal and visceral. The series is from Gareth Evans so you know where the pedigree comes from.

As a bonus the plot turned out to be your edge of the seat thriller that keeps you guessing right until the end. The performances are strong overall. Cant wait for the next season.

6 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Very underrated.
Will do a recap of season 1 as it's been long and then see the 2nd.

There's a recap at the start. Saw a couple of epis. Good stuff.