Official Nintendo Switch Thread

41 minutes ago, Snake said:

Guys, does buying a switch lite from gameloot make any sense?

I can spend around max 15k to buy a switch

I would suggest wait till 5th for upcoming sale on Amazon . You may get new Switch Lite for around 15k after discounts. Better than buying older switch lite ( probably without box) for 13/14k from Gameloot/Gamenation.

Or maybe try on OLX or here for Nintendo Switch V2 if you can get it around your budget. 

Edited by Krazyniks
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Guys, does buying a switch lite from gameloot make any sense?

I can spend around max 15k to buy a switch

After upgrading my tv, Wanted to play games on my tv too. So i sold my lite and bought a used v1 switch on gamenation for 16k. Damn playing on tv is so awesome. :wub:

If you want to dock and try games on full screen I'd suggest getting a regular switch

Even though games don't run in 4k they look so nice on the TV.

On olx you can get even get the regular switch for 12-13k 

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

54 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

After upgrading my tv, Wanted to play games on my tv too. So i sold my lite and bought a used v1 switch on gamenation for 16k. Damn playing on tv is so awesome. :wub:

If you want to dock and try games on full screen I'd suggest getting a regular switch

Even though games don't run in 4k they look so nice on the TV.

On olx you can get even get the regular switch for 12-13k 

I wont be playing on the TV much. the switch would be more for travel. and tbh I cant be bothered with OLX

20 minutes ago, Snake said:

I wont be playing on the TV much. the switch would be more for travel. and tbh I cant be bothered with OLX

Then ya try getting the lite during August sale on Amazon. Getting a new regular switch Within 15k is not possible .

3 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Which region Nintendo account should I make?

also, if there is any earlier post about Switch starter tips made by anyone before, please quote it for me. Many thanks!

Make an US account but as games are region free you can switch regions to make use of the lowest prices on the e-shop for any given region. Many make multiple accounts in different regions. I tend to change the countries in my single account. Check https://eshop-prices.com/?currency=INR or deku deals to see the prices of any given game in all the countries in e-shop. Usually you will find LatAm countries to have the lowest prices but any credit card which is not local to those countries usually get rejected. That apart Indian credit cards tend to work elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Then better to get the lite during the upcoming Amazon sale or the one during October.

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

I made a US account. Celeste is available in Argentina store for ₹194.

If I try to change account region to Argentina, it asks for confirmation - should I say yes and proceed?

Will it ask for anything when I change it back to US?

After changing to Argentina, do you recommend using Paypal to buy Celeste or CC? 

51 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

If I try to change account region to Argentina, it asks for confirmation - should I say yes and proceed?

After changing to Argentina, do you recommend using Paypal to buy Celeste or CC? 

You can change regions as much as you want. It doesn't limit you. Also paypal is always better/safer than CC. Do you have a paypal option for Argentina? 

2 hours ago, 0verlord said:

South American countries are a no go. 

Paypal too has become very unreliable recently. It keeps showing some error codes during payment. 

Edited by R3D_D3ViL
  • Thanks 1

@0verlord Best bet is to just buy Nintendo Eshop $ Codes from 3rd party sites and redeem it. You can get Digital Codes instantly. That's what I do.

Also, if you've made a US account - be sure to first check for a list of states that doesn't have Sales Tax on Digital Goods. Only use the state and ZIP Code that doesn't have that tax. Otherwise, if you put in a random state, you might be stuck paying Sales Tax for a foreign country that you don't have to. Generally, the more popular states like New York and all do have Sales Tax, while a no name state like Ohio might not.

Most people say that South Africa store is the cheapest. But I personally use the USA Store for Digital Purchases.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 0verlord said:

You can make multiple accounts with different countries with different emails. I think 8-9 can be stored on Switch at a time. Just select one while logging in (whichever is cheaper) by checking on Dekudeals. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, playstationdude said:

You can get a used V1 in that price range. Id suggest to get a used V1 instead of lite.

But from where, don't say OLX. 99% of people there are massive wankers and waste your time

48 minutes ago, Snake said:

But from where, don't say OLX. 99% of people there are massive wankers and waste your time

I bought my used v1 from gamenation

Came with box , pouch etc etc 

Before buying i asked them on WhatsApp the condition of the item, if joycon drift is there etc 

Edited by silv3rgunn3r