PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

Quantum Break over Control. 

Forza and Gears of War 4 should be there for sure. Ori if you count indie.

Damn nothing else. How can one defend this line-up against SONY's line-up???

Edited by Joe Cool

12 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Quantum Break over Control. 

Forza and Gears of War 4 should be there for sure. Ori if you count indie.

Damn nothing else. How can one defend this line-up against SONY's line-up???

Xbots can defend anything.

Tshushimas MP announcenent is a mic drop moment. Seriously never expected that.

I fully expected a SP only DLC but we get 2 player story missions plus the other modes. Wow.

Sony :majesty:  Doing all the right things. 

Releasing GOT a month after tlou2 seemed not a good decision but turns out GOT is a perfect game to play after heavy hitting tlou2. Both are selling amazeballs.

5 mins into both,the world just pulls you in and you dont wanna stop playing them. Sony saved the best for the last. Combat just elevates both games, never a dull moment. 

PS4 is one of the best purchases ever.

You kind of knew this would be one of those gens when it started. Who remembers those initial PS4 vs XboxOne sales figures and going "Holy sh*t"

Those E3 moments, the God Of War orchestra and reveal? The FU for forgetting the Vita moments, the Playstation Experience highs, the ROTR exclusivity outrage, the UC4 drama with Amy Hennig's departure and everyone getting their panties in a bunch over how Uncharted development was going to be screwed. The damp squib that was Killzone Shadow Fall, the "Hot damn The Order 1886 graphics", the terrifying Until Dawn, the sheer thrill of beating Venom Hot Lap. The excruciating Cleric Beast (which I still cannot beat), the "for those that cannot be connected we have another device Xbox 360" moments, the Kinect cannot be removed from the Xbox One, the power of the cloud and last but not least that fantastic "Hidden GPU secret sauce"

I'm sure I missed a ton but these were some of the best moments for me. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

US NPD hardware sales for July leaked on Era

Switch 340k
PS4 150k
XB1 17k

https://www.resetera.com/threads/npd-july-2020-ghost-of-tsushima-1-cod-mw-2-paper-mario-3.268056/page-10#post-42731340

Bruh wtf?

Reveal hidden contents

7qwU9zf.gif

Its mind-boggling how dumb people are. First, overlooking the "MOST POWERFUL" console ever and getting the weakest one and then going to pay full price for years old Ninty games instead of the extraordinary 1$ GP buffet. 

8 hours ago, Walker said:

You kind of knew this would be one of those gens when it started. Who remembers those initial PS4 vs XboxOne sales figures and going "Holy sh*t"

Those E3 moments, the God Of War orchestra and reveal? The FU for forgetting the Vita moments, the Playstation Experience highs, the ROTR exclusivity outrage, the UC4 drama with Amy Hennig's departure and everyone getting their panties in a bunch over how Uncharted development was going to be screwed. The damp squib that was Killzone Shadow Fall, the "Hot damn The Order 1886 graphics", the terrifying Until Dawn, the sheer thrill of beating Venom Hot Lap. The excruciating Cleric Beast (which I still cannot beat), the "for those that cannot be connected we have another device Xbox 360" moments, the Kinect cannot be removed from the Xbox One, the power of the cloud and last but not least that fantastic "Hidden GPU secret sauce"

I'm sure I missed a ton but these were some of the best moments for me. 

VR gaming came into existence as well. 

9 minutes ago, Bauji said:

Its mind-boggling how dumb people are. First, overlooking the "MOST POWERFUL" console ever and getting the weakest one and then going to pay full price for years old Ninty games instead of the extraordinary 1$ GP buffet. 

Same story from PS360Wii time.

Nintendo console are truly Family Entertainment unit,

everyone can play them w/o worrying about boobies suddenly flashing on the screen when little Toby and Grampa Joseph are in the room.

6 minutes ago, adity said:

Reminds me of god of war 3, lol. I was playing GOW 3 remastered a couple of years back in the living room. Hadn't saved since an hour or so and suddenly some half naked woman (Hapaestus's wife I think) was slobbering all over Kratos. There were family members in the room too but i didn't wanna lose progress so I just stared at the screen with a poker face. 

hahaha.

I would actually like if they have some sort of warnings in the game before such things come up, and a way that allows you to "play this part later". :|

I was a hardcore gamer during ps360 gen. Had both consoles and played almost every new game that came out. Dialled back a bit on gaming this gen as life happened and I am so very glad I got the ps4. Besides cod, fifa and a couple of multiplats here and there, most of my gaming time has been ps4 exclusives. These games kept me coming back to gaming. 
I am sure I would have left gaming if I had gotten the xbox one.

Cant wait for PS5 :paagaldance:

Its already looking like a great gen even if we just get the sequels of exclusives 

41 minutes ago, Right said:

Same story from PS360Wii time.

Nintendo console are truly Family Entertainment unit,

everyone can play them w/o worrying about boobies suddenly flashing on the screen when little Toby and Grampa Joseph are in the room.

Sry, looks like I failed in my attempt to be sarcastic. :) 

22 minutes ago, adity said:

This is the greatest gen of all time because we got f**king 7 mainline yakuza games and 2 spin offs. What more could a man want. 

Its 8 right? Or Y7 western release is next gen only?