Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

The 4DX was superb in DBS: SH. The story is kinda meh (which was kinda expected), but the fact that:

- there's yet another anime that released in India

- the nods to some of the episodes we've seen as kids (nostalgia)

- all the hoots and "surprise ooohhs"

All of the above make it worth to go watch it in maybe the first week, when the theatre would be relatively packed (this show only had the first row empty, so quite a decent turn-out).

Also, Gohan is my favourite and I love how this movie takes the story forward with regards to him. Just hope Toriyama has something good planned for him in the next season of DBS and doesn't push him to the side-lines again.

P.S.: The post-credit scene, although funny, is not absolutely vital. Can easily be skipped and watched on YT later.

A good experience, but the movie certainly doesn't reach the heights that DBS: Broly did.

-------------

On a totally different note, rented The Northman on Amazon Prime (only streaming service it's available on, AFAIK). Will start watching when I know I can dedicate the proper ~2 hours for it.

1 minute ago, VelivolusDas said:

The 4DX was superb in DBS: SH. The story is kinda meh (which was kinda expected), but the fact that:

- there's yet another anime that released in India

- the nods to some of the episodes we've seen as kids (nostalgia)

- all the hoots and "surprise ooohhs"

All of the above make it worth to go watch it in maybe the first week, when the theatre would be relatively packed (this show only had the first row empty, so quite a decent turn-out).

Also, Gohan is my favourite and I love how this movie takes the story forward with regards to him. Just hope Toriyama has something good planned for him in the next season of DBS and doesn't push him to the side-lines again.

P.S.: The post-credit scene, although funny, is not absolutely vital. Can easily be skipped and watched on YT later.

A good experience, but the movie certainly doesn't reach the heights that DBS: Broly did.

-------------

On a totally different note, rented The Northman on Amazon Prime (only streaming service it's available on, AFAIK). Will start watching when I know I can dedicate the proper ~2 hours for it.

Oh how I wish Super wasn't a thing.

10 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Samaritan is live on Amazon prime. Decent movie, enjoyed it.

Same. Saw it last night and had a good time. But for some reason I can't picture Sly and PG-13 rating at all. :P 

On 8/24/2022 at 8:58 PM, VelivolusDas said:

Going on Friday for the 4DX version. Hyped! Anime on a big-screen is always amazing (seen 2, so far). This has some great moments for 4DX.

Saw this and I enjoyed it a lot!!!! If you are a fan of Android Saga/Cell Saga Gohan - you will like this movie. It's an fan service and homage to that saga. A lot of comedy as well (Unlike pre-Buu DBZ which was serious)

On 8/25/2022 at 11:28 PM, Kumar123 said:

CGI :wallbash:

The movie actually looks really beautiful and absolutely amazing on the big screen.

Edited by roun90

18 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Saw this and I enjoyed it a lot!!!! If you are a fan of Android Saga/Cell Saga Gohan - you will like this movie. It's an fan service and homage to that saga. A lot of comedy as well (Unlike pre-Buu DBZ which was serious)

The movie actually looks really beautiful and absolutely amazing on the big screen.

Will always prefer 2D unless they go full CG like they did with Lupin III: The First.

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Man, this hype can't be replicated. Goosebump moment. 

Also bunch of firangs losing their mind at people screaming like chimps. :blink:

If anyone doubts that humans came from monkeys, show them this video. 

Edited by Kumar123
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

4 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Damn. Watched the OG movie eons ago, when I was a kid, and was scared shitless for DAYS ! Had nightmares about it ! 

yeh kya chiz hain? maine kabhi nahi dekha, suna zarur hain, purana movies hain

I really liked Nope. To me it is a pretty fresh take on a genre that has been done to death. Some of the shots look breathtaking. Watch it on the biggest screen available. Special shout out to Keke Palmer, the girl is a delight to watch. Liked it better than Us. 

Edited by R3D_D3ViL
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Pushy said:

watched Avatar in IMAX3D (wadala)

was hoping to see this one in IMAX3D, but iDunno if that sh*t operational anymore :roflroll:

the theatre is still there but dome is gone afaik. back then i got invitation tickets for avatar day  event at imax wadala where they had a 15-20 min special screening months before the release. what an experience that was. 

• Like 1