Coronavirus

hope

3 hours ago, dante77 said:

Lag gayi social distancing ki. There are floods of people in front of wine shops and they are not following any social distancing at all. This is gonna explode bigger bigger than any bomb!

According to Mr. Kejriwal it all understandable that Corona cases might increase but they need money. When Tata has said that save yourself and you can earn some other day. Kejriwal saying such stupid things, saying our hospitals are equipped to handle cases.

Especially when the doctors are crying for lack of PPE. I wonder if they even added a single ventilator.

Such bloody hypocrisy!

Just opening MRP stores was foolish.
They should have opened Bars as well and allowed take away of bottles only.

There are 3 bars in walkable distance from my place
All 3 sell bottles at counter and if you even serve food and drinks inside.
These shops cud have been open without service. But all 3 closed. 

We should reduce crowd, everywhere. 

7 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Just watch the news. Social Distancing is dead almost everywhere. Overcrowding at wine shops, overcrowding at district offices to get permissions, Laborers coming on streets, hospitals to get medical certificates etc etc. 40,000 laborers have applied for permission to back to their states in Ratnagiri district alone. How the f**k are they going to send back millions of people to their states? Also people will start losing patience if some of them are sent back and many remain there. Earlier they had no way out, and now as there is way out, everyone wants to go.

Also saw news that Karnataka, Telangana and MP are rejecting laborers from Mumbai and Pune. They don't want them back. WTF 

At a glance this might look like an unplanned, mismanaged, chaotic mess. But dont let that fool you. It is actually an unplanned, mismanaged, chaotic mess. 

28 minutes ago, Mizanurification said:

All the lockdown and sh*t will eventually accomplish nothing at the end.

IMO let survival of the fittest prevail. Let people have their daaru and die in peace with some corona on the sides. 

Your suggestion is not at all a bad one, but the actions of the low IQ or the “unfit for survival folk” may, unfortunately have an indirect effect on say, even our lives. So we might have to pay for their stupidity.

Say for example the UFS person is my neighbor or the person billing my grocery, with whom contact may be inevitable, then what? Blame bad luck? What we have become, is the effect of promoting equality and morality through law, religion and value-belief systems derived therefrom over eons.

Its effect can’t be undone so easily.

Edited by kmkaks

1 hour ago, Aftrunner said:

At a glance this might look like an unplanned, mismanaged, chaotic mess. But dont let that fool you. It is actually an unplanned, mismanaged, chaotic mess. 

Its all because of people and not the govt.  Foolish idiots i tell you.

6 minutes ago, hope said:

I don't think Govt thought Lockdown would be needed beyond April. 

But then TJ happened and all early movers advantage we had with Lockdown was lost. 

1 minute ago, hope said:

Bro. I am surprised that with all the knowledge people at the top claim to have closing liquor shops was a dick move in India where personal space means sh*t. 

17 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Bro. I am surprised that with all the knowledge people at the top claim to have closing liquor shops was a dick move in India where personal space means sh*t. 

A small statistic, a large% of violent crimes in India happen when people are under influence of alcohol, 85% against women. 

We casual/social drinker don't completely understand impact of alcohol.

We probably won't know full extent of what could've happened when men with their booze stocked up stay locked in with their women. But next 2 weeks would be interesting. 

15 minutes ago, Right said:

Corona warriors like this guy will save the country. 

EXME4PgVAAAAq01?format=jpg&name=large

Tonique in Bangalore which is one of the largest liquor boutique in Asia, apparently had sale of around 4 crore today, it averages around 25 lac daily. 

Edited by AtheK

28 minutes ago, Right said:

^ Karnataka sold 45cr worth booze today.

So yeah quite possible.

Btw, MH didn’t give numbers today.

ominous.

haha...true true

12 minutes ago, Nathan.Drake said:

they have 771 cases today and remaining 796 are adjusted numbers for non-Mumbai cases across Maharashtra as per ICMR's directions.

They did adjust cases from private labs from 26/4. To 26/8  on 2/5.

What it means is that MH was in 700-800 zone from quite a few days.

But this is beginning of something really really worrying trend.

*Are you surprised, why Wine Shops were opened today*  Because of GST fight between Central Government and State Governments. Central Government is not processing Refund of State share of GST collection. Its basically the collapse of GST mechanism and Federalism in one way. There is huge cash crunch in State Exchequer, such that States are not able to pay the salaries to its staff.  The only intent of opening Daroo Thekas was to Get more revenue which is not to be shared with the Centre. Excise on Liquor isn’t covered by GST.  

<WhatsApp Forward>

I didn't knew alcohol doesn't come under GST regime. Like one of the most common luxurious item is out of GST and people are paying 18% tax to buy a box of screw. How shallow and f**ked up it is. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mizanurification said:

*Are you surprised, why Wine Shops were opened today*  Because of GST fight between Central Government and State Governments. Central Government is not processing Refund of State share of GST collection. Its basically the collapse of GST mechanism and Federalism in one way. There is huge cash crunch in State Exchequer, such that States are not able to pay the salaries to its staff.  The only intent of opening Daroo Thekas was to Get more revenue which is not to be shared with the Centre. Excise on Liquor isn’t covered by GST.  

<WhatsApp Forward>

I didn't knew alcohol doesn't come under GST regime. Like one of the most common luxurious item is out of GST and people are paying 18% tax to buy a box of screw. How shallow and f**ked up it is. 

still a dumb decision to close them to begin with, ok if they had not opened it today, and let's say opened it on 17th, what would have changed from now to then. It was obvious there will be crowds, me sitting at home can predict it i am sure govt predicted it too. This is a bigger issue then tabligi.

Edited by AtheK
  • Like 2