The Playstation 5 thread

52 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

I wont be surprised if god of war 2 is also on the ps4 considering its releasing next year as well just as horizon 2 is . 
Sony probably didn't want to drop all the bombs together .

It won't.

By this time next year, PS5 installbase will be 20-30m, good enough for Sony to have it exclusive for PS5.

Crossgen-ing has commercial aspect one cannot overlook.

2 minutes ago, Right said:

It won't.

By this time next year, PS5 installbase will be 20-30m, good enough for Sony to have it exclusive for PS5.

Dont be so sure ,havent you learnt anything in the last 12 hours? 

6 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

I have the heart to sell my pro, but not the balls to invite someone over during corona to test it. :P

Also 5k games is nope nope nope.

Shipping is an option when you have box etc.

But risky.

Yes,more than 5k a game : better to quit gaming.

Even used will be 2k after a couple of years.

My pro would fetch 40k but buying it was a regret and selling it could be a regret as well.

The PS5 release and demon's souls remake makes me feel stupid and anxious and regretful why did I ever buy a pro.

Edited by GunnerY2J

5 minutes ago, Right said:

It won't.

They haven't confirmed platforms for God of War 2. It doesn't say anywhere that its PS5 only and after conference was over, Jim Ryan just said they plan to support PS4 for next 4 years. People don't trust Sony PR anymore. They lied openly about their policies. 

Games will be good and console is good but everyone on other  big forums and social media channels talking about lies they said at reveal lol.

Edited by WhiteWolf

@dylanjosh I don't think it likely that all those exclusives will be ported over to PC.

Considering you skipped PS4, buying PS5 early is a good idea. The best exclusives will be free via PS Plus, so you're covered on the PS4 games, and can play PS5 titles in all their glory.

Whats the update with regard to back compatibility with discs? I was worrying if I should sell it off, but if discs are gonna work I'll keep a few.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@b!T Yes, the library thing is gonna come in handy. There are quite a few titles I'd like to play, but then I look at my backlog and sealed God of War and feel bad lol.

@Mr.Copyright© Thanks for the advice. I'll wait too. Plenty of juice in the PS4. I'll stick it out till BBD/Amazon sale in 2021 too :) 

Just now, AnK said:

Is Horizon FB coming to PS4 too?!?

Yes. It is. Thats why some of us are thinking if maybe R&C Rift Apart, or GOW 2 will also be cross-gen.

I mean, the reason being that the hardware inferiority of the PS4 will hold back what it can do if made exclusively for PS5, but I think it will be fine.

I'm glad Sony still cares for the PS4 user base. Plus we have game upscaling all the time, takes a game meant for 1080p and upscale it to 1440p or 4K with improvised textures and lighting and what not.

I'm no expert, but downscaling it down has gotta be easier than that, so I don't see any issues hampering Horizon's Cross-gen release. 

24 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Shipping is an option when you have box etc.

But risky.

Yes,more than 5k a game : better to quit gaming.

Even used will be 2k after a couple of years.

My pro would fetch 40k but buying it was a regret and selling it could be a regret as well.

The PS5 release and demon's souls remake makes me feel stupid and anxious and regretful why did I ever buy a pro.

What do you mean by saying that your pro would fetch 40k?

Do you mean that you expect to sell it for 40k?

Sony definitely dropped a ball on wording. They sure got their fun ridiculing xbox's messaging :giggle:

To add to that, Craigfinite demo mess added fuel to the fire. 

If only Xbox showed a next-gen looking game (which is also cross gen), now Sony would have to be running around with pants down defending why they were saying all the bull sh*t.

Now, they just don't care.  You only see more people complaining about missing pre-orders :P  

1 minute ago, HundredProofSam said:

That being said, I don't remember any PlayStation launch title being cross-gen before, so weird of them to do it now. Maybe the hardware and tech is similar enough for the first time for them to scale easily.

Yes i think, it would have been a lot of effort to release on PS3 along with PS4. But now, similar tech, so they can release on both with less effort.

1 minute ago, HundredProofSam said:

Either way, their messaging was either deliberately or unintentionally misleading and that's a dick move. Unfortunately, Xbox's messaging has been even worse so they can hide behind that.

I think it was more of intentionally misleading just on the border of Not a Lie. 

i.e. they can still say, we stick to what we said and we are not holding back games , - see R&C. 

3 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Bro, are you kidding?

Because sometimes I really think you are trolling. Don't you see people on this thread hoping that they are able to sell their pro+extra controller for 24k? Doesn't that give you an idea?

No, not kidding.

Fairly certain would be offered 33k instantly.

But wouldn't sell below 38k shipped.

Won't mind more but I think 40 won't be bad.

Maybe some years later I would be offered an exchange with PS5 in a straight swap.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Sony really had to eat some crow after all the generations BS they kept trying to feed MS and everyone else. Serves us right to an extent for all the ragging on the 2 bots. Sorry boys. 

Either way still invested in the PS5 because you know if there's one thing you can depend on its the games that will inevitably come.

3 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

No, not kidding.

Fairly certain would be offered 33k instantly.

But wouldn't sell below 38k shipped.

Won't mind more but I think 40 won't be bad.

Maybe some years later I would be offered an exchange with PS5 in a straight swap.

Wasn't the MRP itself reduced to 38k?

PS5 straight swap?

I'm sure you are trolling now :lol:

40 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

They haven't confirmed platforms for God of War 2. It doesn't say anywhere that its PS5 only and after conference was over, Jim Ryan just said they plan to support PS4 for next 4 years. People don't trust Sony PR anymore. They lied openly about their policies. 

Games will be good and console is good but everyone on other  big forums and social media channels talking about lies they said at reveal lol.

40 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Dont be so sure ,havent you learnt anything in the last 12 hours? 

I think Crosgen-ing is important  (*) when you have such a large install base with PS4, majority of whom who will not able to upgrade their consoles because

1. economic situation

2. because they bought a console this year itself

3. availability of consoles (pre-orders are flying off I believe)

(*) But given that there is no technical hold-back, which means, games can be scaled to PS5 with enhancements which bring in True Next Gen feel, and at the same time not leaving the PS4 versions look like stuttering poor cousins.

With Halo, this was very much the case, the game was running on PC "equivalent of HW XSX has", yet it looked shitty, just imagine how it would have performed on XSS.
While you will counter that Halo was a studio issue, I am yet to see Xbox FP which feels next-gen.

Now look at Miles, the PS4 users know what they are getting, it will be an upgrade to what they played a couple of years back but will not raise to level of PS5.

Yet, it will be an upgrade, yet PS5 will get best version. I think you would understand the point I come from....may be.

Edited by Right