The Playstation 5 thread

16 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

They said almost 8 months ago they are exploring the option .

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2020/11/10/ps5-game-saves-usb-option/

I don’t know what are they taking about in the article… headline is Ģặmể saves but inside the quote is this 

“Players cannot transfer PS5 games to a USB drive. PS5 games must be stored on the console’s internal ultra-high speed SSD for gameplay. Explorations for allowing players to store (but not play) PS5 games on a USB drive in a future update are underway.

You can, however, store and play PS4 games from a compatible USB drive connected to PS5. For more details, keep reading.”

Sony said this about storing games on external rather than talking about game saves

22 minutes ago, iam said:

The person you quoted was only talking about Sony so there was no real reason to bring xbox into it. 

2 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

good fodder for Playstation vs Xbox thread. Wonder why no one brings this up in any of the arguments? :fear:

tenor.gif

16 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Indie hate is strong on IVG. :lol:

Can you blame people? Indies can be great. But when a major console maker misses E3, keeps quiet for a very long time and when they finally break their silence - it's to show Deathloop (A game very few people car for) and indies; people are going to be disappointed.

21 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

I don’t know what are they taking about in the article… headline is Ģặmể saves but inside the quote is this 

“Players cannot transfer PS5 games to a USB drive. PS5 games must be stored on the console’s internal ultra-high speed SSD for gameplay. Explorations for allowing players to store (but not play) PS5 games on a USB drive in a future update are underway.

You can, however, store and play PS4 games from a compatible USB drive connected to PS5. For more details, keep reading.”

Sony said this about storing games on external rather than talking about game saves

Yeah its confusing but that's the only comment I found . Users had raised concerns about not being able to save game save data on USB that time as well. 

6 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Can you blame people? Indies can be great. But when a major console maker misses E3, keeps quiet for a very long time and when they finally break their silence - it's to show Deathloop (A game very few people car for) and indies; people are going to be disappointed.

Personally, absolutely looking forward to Indies. More often than not, enjoy them a LOT more than AAA. 

39 minutes ago, Kenzooru said:

Releases on 24th August, PSN india has it listed for 3300. Solid pricing, I’m really hyped for this game.

Decent pricing for PS. But I saw the EA store pricing and was taken aback. The game is going for 900 bucks on PC.

Hard to beat the value prop for PC, but glad that they are not overcharging as you said.

12 minutes ago, AnK said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952c5b00469ac9f90e93

lol. this is just comedy of errors at this point.

1. you quoted l33t, who was talking about game saves discussion being good fodder for PS vs Xbox thread - because that thread is the containment zone for all console war discussions. So, that all that derailment doesnt affect other threads, like this one where that comparison is unnecessary.

2. you quoted gecko's post (which "HSK" and "iam" were referring to) where he was talking about Sony and you made it about comparison with MS. 

3. Kunjan said something regarding the Sony SoP and you replied to it with xbox jammed in there. To which he replied and you clarified.

all these 3 are different conversation points. But the khichdi is very tasty :roflroll: 

9 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Personally, absolutely looking forward to Indies. More often than not, enjoy them a LOT more than AAA. 

Enjoying them is great. Even I do. But in the announcements game - people are not looking for indies, but games from their favorite franchises or favorite devs. Think about it. In the E3 Nintendo Direct, if they had made a full indie show and nothing but indies instead of showing Zelda BOTW2 or Metroid (absolute silence on both), would that be fine?

For me personally, if the choice is between showing indies or announcing a new Persona game (my fav series), I would be very disappointed if they are going with indies. Especially since this was supposed to be Sony's show in place of E3. A random SoP  or Direct showing only indies is fine. Not a major fest one.

Decent pricing for PS. But I saw the EA store pricing and was taken aback. The game is going for 900 bucks on PC.

Hard to beat the value prop for PC, but glad that they are not overcharging as you said.

Wow, 900 bucks is a steal. I was actually considering building a gaming PC prior to the pandemic just because of how awesome Steam sales are, waited for the 3000 series RTX cards and when sh*t hit the fan.

19 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

:roflroll: 

gecko was replaying to l33 

so I added a few things by quoting him in the context of what l33 had already said 

anyway faaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

going to sleep ? 

5 hours ago, hsk_colossus said:

I know but you could backup saves on usb on PS4 … but now only option is to pay to save backups 

Lol Wtf. Someone at sony actually thought this was a good idea and it's even more unbelievable that it was implemented :wallbash:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Walker said:

Lol Wtf. Someone at sony actually thought this was a good idea and it's even more unbelievable that it was implemented :wallbash:

Well, Nintendo also does cloud backup only if you pay for NSO. Much cheaper than PS+, but basic concept is the same.