The Playstation 5 thread

Backwards Compatibility:

"playing PS4 games on PS5, some functionalities available on PS4 may not be available. See www.playstation.com/ps5-backwards-compatibility for more details." (dead link, currently)

"This PS4 game isn't supported with your PS5's current system software. We're continuing to make more PS4 games playable on PS5. Update your PS5, and then try playing the game"

"This PS4 game isn't supported with your PS5's current system software. We're continuing to make more PS4 games playable on PS5. Update your PS5, and then try playing the game."

"PS5 boost mode enabled"

"So, not all PS4 games will be supported, and indeed, as suggested a few months back, you'll need to update the system OS to access newly compatible PS4 games. We already knew boost mode was coming, but interesting to see Sony is sticking with that naming convention"

(EDIT from OP: Also found this 

"msgid_experience_unexpected_game_behavior":"Beim Spielen dieses PS4-Spiels auf einer PS5-Konsole kann unerwartetes Verhalten auftreten."

translates to:
Unexpected behavior may occur when playing this PS4 game on PS5 console)

-Forced vibration/adaptive triggers:

"msgid_ps5_controller_trigger_effect": "Trigger effect required"

"msgid_ps5_controller_vibration": "Vibration function required

" Seems that developers are allowed to force haptic feedback/trigger control. Potential accessibility issue? "
-Console sharing

"If the "Console Sharing and Offline Play" setting is enabled for your PS5, players aged 18+ who aren’t PS Now subscribers will be able to play PS Now games from the game’s shortcut icon (displayed on the PS5 home screen) as well as in the PS Now app."

"Ignoring the specific PS Now bit, this suggests that PS5 will bring forward PS4's "Primary" account model in some form, where a PSN account can be designated "primary" and other users can access it's purchases and subscription content from the same console.

Looks like "primary" is being renamed to "Main" PS5, as the Demon's Souls product page states: "You can download and play this content on the main PS5 console associated with your account (through the “Console Sharing and Offline Play” setting) and on any other PS5 consoles when you login with your same account." (https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/demons-souls/#sku)"

-Cross-Gen party chat:

"Message and voice chat with friends across PS4, PS5 and PlayStation App."

"Unclear whether this is system-level or only certain games. I would assume system level."

-Cloud saves, remote game downloads (obvious, but confirmed):

PlayStation Plus cloud saves can be transferred manually to PS Now, and vice versa, using the Saved Data Management functionality on PS5.

"msgid_download_ps5": "Download to PS5"

Edited by hsk_colossus
  • Like 2

So in PC we face a bottlenack when let's say we pair a dull i3 with a gtx 3090.

Now i get to the thong that is bugging me about next gen consoles and not having tvs ready for them. Lets ignore the CX and a frw other hdmi 2.1 tvs which are way too costly.

If i were to use a next gen console hdmi 2.1 (48Gbps bandwidth) with a 4k TV of 2019 hdmi 2.0 (18Gbps bandwidth) will it cause a bottleneck that would damage the console or the TV?

Just please give this a serious thought. I don't want to spend 1.5+ lakh on a single or 2 port hdmi 2.1 TV which is doomed to be outdated come CES 2021. I'd rather get a hdmi 2.0 tv for very low price now and maybe upgrade a couple years later when more variety is there for hdmi 2.1 tvs.

Do reply on the bottleneck or any performance problems while using a next gen console on a older hdmi 2.0 tv. This is very important factor in my TV decision making.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Japani youtubers and Geoff Keighley will do hands on preview next Monday.

Very strange that features will be presented first time via previews :ko:

They should have done an event for UI and BC. 

11 hours ago, playstationdude said:

I was just pondering, with 50k consoles + this stupid a*s game pricing, does it even make sense to buy a console now? I mean I personally was one of the guys who believed consoles were cheaper than PCs, but I think you can build a decent PC for 70-80k? And game prices will be significantly cheaper plus there is always gamepass?

Yes for 1080p you can manage in 80K, also you can upgrade the parts at your leisure, and are free to acquire games by all means possible.

You can get PS5 in 3 years when they come out with a slim cheaper version + cheaper exclusives

44 minutes ago, Right said:

Should do a big budget Sony Pictures produced movie...budget & good director would be essential.

Jason Bateman for Nathan Drake?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrmynYJpj5d3ab-CZUCUR

We already have Sully

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIXyc7aASg4AZw7TUEGN6

spiderman playing young drake. wahlberg is playing sully

last of us webseries is coming soon on HBO

playstation has a new division that is just looking to make movies and series out of their IP's. Twisted metal is the first one announced, wont be surprised if horizon is next, a bunch of GG bigwigs visited hollywood recently (before the pandemic) and ex guerilla head is now the head of worldwide studios. 

• Like 1

There is no damage. It'll simply output at 4k 60 instead of 4k 120 and lose out on features like VRR, ALLM and earc. No question of damage. 
Frame 2020 has HDMI 2.1 and relatively not that expensive. 
Also, HDMI 2.1 aren't gonna get outdated in 1 year, lol. CX and Frame both have multiple HDMI 2.1 ports.
By outdated i mean significantly better TVs with hdmi 2.1 ports on all slots will hit by CES 2021. Lg CX is great though i can't afford the current 55 inch model which costs Rs. 1 lakh more than global pricing.

I would just get the frame 2020 and be done with it but it's nowhere to be seen. Also it has just one HDMI 2.1 port like Q80t Q90t. Idk what samsung and sony are thinking especially when LG is offering HDMI 2.1 since C9 generation.

I just hope X90H falls in price, did anyone see it up close, by hdtvtest's review of it the FALD seems horrible on it.

I am also desperately looking for LG CX 48 inch. The only reason they are not herw is it is made from the same glass as CX 77 or 75 whatever inch. So they are prioritizing it's sale to as always white people countries.

LG CX wil go for 1.25L ish during the diwali sale. People are already getting it for 1.35L with freebies. 
On LG website the cx 55 is shown for 2.15L.

From where do we get such great discounts you mentioned ?

Just now, NitroNeo said:

On LG website the cx 55 is shown for 2.15L.

From where do we get such great discounts you mentioned ?

Go to a store and ask. MRPs/Online prices are too bloated for TVs.

12 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I'll sign up for Gamepass in a heartbeat if you could play Demon Souls, Spidey and Mario 3D Allstars on it day one.

This for me as well.

If it is indeed Netflix of games then i should be able to watch Stranger things and Sacred games day 1 when they release. I cant be paying separately for Stranger things and Avengers.

Similarly, all games should be on GP day 1 when they release. 

If i XSX now, i will pay 70$ for new games plus GP Sub for old ones. Yeh toh aur mehenga ho gya :lol:

Edited by hope