The Xbox Series X|S thread

2 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

There will still be some here who will keep doubting it till MS confirms .Its too difficult  for them to to believe that PS will be ignored going forward .

45 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Going by MS' strategy I see it coming to PS5 eventually. Like 1-2 years post-launch.

lol

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

It just makes business sense and Phil keeps saying they're all about building communities for their games and services.

If I'm a PS5 owner and I play Starfield 1-2 years after it hits Game Pass and I absolutely love the game, I will want Starfield 2 on day 1. So I will get on Game Pass.

So, the same logic should be used for PS first party games then? If an xbox owner plays Horizon-God of war-Uncharted 1-2 years later on xbox and love the game, they will then get on PS to play them day 1, no?

23 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

It just makes business sense and Phil keeps saying they're all about building communities for their games and services.

If I'm a PS5 owner and I play Starfield 1-2 years after it hits Game Pass and I absolutely love the game, I will want Starfield 2 on day 1. So I will get on Game Pass.

In 1-2 years gamepass will probably hit 35-40 million , i doubt sales on ps would matter by that time. It makes much more sense to keep it exclusive to the service and attract people from the other camp .

Edited by triggr happy ss

12 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

The same logic can be applied if both companies approach the business the same way. Sony looks at gaming as getting people to buy their hardware and games, Microsoft looks at gaming as getting people to subscribe to their service irrespective of what device they play on. So Microsoft will be less reluctant about having their games on PS5, especially is there's a chance of converting those PS5 players into Game Pass subscribers. They make $60/70 for the game and possibly a new Game Pass subscriber.

Sony is already seeing the value in going to other platforms. Horizon and Days Gone are on PC. MLB The Show is on Xbox.

Phil  “Bethesda games will appear on any platform that supports Game Pass” 

You don't spend 7.5 Billion with the sole intention to boost your first party output and then put those games on the competing platform anyway. Keeping it for themselves on the service is the only way these subscriptions grow . 

also its not about only bethesda games ,there are so many other 1st party exclusives that will be releasing yearly .Do you think hellblade 2 will release there too? if not then Y only starfield or bethesda games? 

Edited by triggr happy ss

26 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Microsoft looks at gaming as getting people to subscribe to their service irrespective of what device they play on. So Microsoft will be less reluctant about having their games on PS5, especially is there's a chance of converting those PS5 players into Game Pass subscribers.

Sony is already seeing the value in going to other platforms. Horizon and Days Gone are on PC. MLB The Show is on Xbox.

Exactly, MS will bring their games to PS5 once Sony allows gamepass onto their platform, which we both know will never happen. Bringing games to pc and bringing them to a rival's console is not the same thing, you n I both know it. MLB is on xboz not bcuz sony wanted it, that's the only way they could keep the licence.

1 hour ago, HundredProofSam said:

The same logic can be applied if both companies approach the business the same way. Sony looks at gaming as getting people to buy their hardware and games, Microsoft looks at gaming as getting people to subscribe to their service irrespective of what device they play on. So Microsoft will be less reluctant about having their games on PS5, especially is there's a chance of converting those PS5 players into Game Pass subscribers. They make $60/70 for the game and possibly a new Game Pass subscriber.

Why not just sign an exclusive Gamepass deal then? There's a reason why they spent $7.5 billion.

1 hour ago, triggr happy ss said:

Phil  “Bethesda games will appear on any platform that supports Game Pass” 

You don't spend 7.5 Billion with the sole intention to boost your first party output and then put those games on the competing platform anyway. Keeping it for themselves on the service is the only way these subscriptions grow . 

also its not about only bethesda games ,there are so many other 1st party exclusives that will be releasing yearly .Do you think hellblade 2 will release there too? if not then Y only starfield or bethesda games? 

Exactly this. The other games that @HundredProofSam mentioned were 3rd party timed exclusives (That MS paid for limited exclusivity but advertised as full exclusive, like Mass Effect or Star Ocean on the 360). Bethesda Games going forward will be comparable to Forza or Gears. They will be full exclusive to MS systems or systems where MS has Gamepass (Even this is not necessary). Sony will not allow Gamepass on PS because that implies Sony is handling over control of what can go on their system to someone else (worse - their direct competition in the industry).

So yup, for Bethesda Games, either get an XSX or get a PC going forward.

Edited by roun90

2 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

package delivered :notangel:

1 hour ago, WhatsInTheName said:

machchaa!! super machcha! ju are di man!! Thanks bro! :hug:

Sab ko dilwa raha hai toh meri life bhi banade bhai. Yeh chahiye. 

images-jpeg-157.jpg

• Sad 1

The only issue I have with MS acquiring studios like Bethesda and getting their games day one on gamepass is, this might force these Devs to include microtransactions/keep pushing out episodic content till they break even. They would abandon working on sequels/ new ips. 

But immense value for subscribers though. No doubt about that. 

Ps- I sometimes wish MS was flexible enough to allow these companies to sign independent deals with Sony as well. They care about communities, and games, so atleast 3rd parties acquired studios should be allowed to launch their titles on ps as well. 

9 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

The only issue I have with MS acquiring studios like Bethesda and getting their games day one on gamepass is, this might force these Devs to include microtransactions/keep pushing out episodic content till they break even. They would abandon working on sequels/ new ips. 

But immense value for subscribers though. No doubt about that. 

Ps- I sometimes wish MS was flexible enough to allow these companies to sign independent deals with Sony as well. They care about communities, and games, so atleast 3rd parties acquired studios should be allowed to launch their titles on ps as well. 

You are joking right? ?

• Haha 1

Bethesda had promised zero monetised content for Doom Eternal before they got acquired by MS (in March 2020).

Fast forward to April 2021, they add monetized cosmetic packs with the second dlc. 

I wonder if this is the model they'll take for future titles as well, just to break even/pressures to put games day one on GP. 

Edited by radicaldude