Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

radicaldude

1 hour ago, l33tmaniac said:

He’d never go back to BoTW if he plays ToTK first. 

I would recommend giving BoTW a shot. It is still an insanely good game

1 hour ago, Sach4life said:

If will be too much. Neither are short games. From what I have played of TOTK, there is nothing that BOTW does better. At this stage, if he hasn't played BOTW yet, might as well jump to TOTK directly. Anyway, it is my opinion. If you have time for both, go for it.

Decided to jump directly into TOTK. Played for an hour so. The game has a good tutorial so had no issues. I'll surely miss out on references to the first game but I looked up a summary of the BOTW so I think it's fine.

I'll take me like 2-3 months anyway to finish this. 

• Like 1

Played for around 3 hours. 
The map feels very much detailed and full of life, compared to Botw. 

Some Death Stranding inspiration can be seen with these traversals. 

You can also walk on this instead of building a cart :rofl:

IBLbe0Z.jpg

Edited by Vamos

7 hours ago, Vamos said:

Played for around 3 hours. 
The map feels very much detailed and full of life, compared to Botw. 

Some Death Stranding inspiration can be seen with these traversals. 

You can also walk on this instead of building a cart :rofl:

IBLbe0Z.jpg

Why would i skip building a dick and balls cart, and use a plain old pipe to travel:P

From what I am seeing, hopefully this is a GTA or Minecraft level success. It is made and marketed like that.

Such mainstream appeal is very important for first party to be in a good position and an appealing brand.

Nintendo is making good progress in this direction with Mario Kart. Hopefully TOTK success is not front loaded. 

They need to play their cards right with Switch successor and a good native port, maybe add content to keep game in news cycle. And price games less than ridiculous levels.

12 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

From what I am seeing, hopefully this is a GTA or Minecraft level success. It is made and marketed like that.

Such mainstream appeal is very important for first party to be in a good position and an appealing brand.

Nintendo is making good progress in this direction with Mario Kart. Hopefully TOTK success is not front loaded. 

They need to play their cards right with Switch successor and a good native port, maybe add content to keep game in news cycle. And price games less than ridiculous levels.

It is not even funny how much ahead Nintendo is compared to everyone else (especially MS) as far as first party success and sales are concerned. Making such comments are hilariously misguided and wrong. You don't have to 'hope' for anything. Nintendo is already far ahead. Have you even looked at the sales of almost all its first party games on Switch? Not just first week sales, but year on year, as more systems are sold, games sell more. There is a reason why they don't go on sale. And it has always been like this. Of course, sales are gone at another level due to Switch's success but first party sales of Nintendo's games has always been the strongest.

Edited by Sach4life

55 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

thanks for sharing bro, Nintendo was surely baffled on how to run their console business.
Surely they would have gone bankrupt if you wouldn't have posted this

god bless

Edited by harjas
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

It is not even funny how much ahead Nintendo is compared to everyone else (especially MS) as far as first party success and sales are concerned. Making such comments are hilariously misguided and wrong. You don't have to 'hope' for anything. Nintendo is already far ahead. Have you even looked at the sales of almost all its first party games on Switch? Not just first week sales, but year on year, as more systems are sold, games sell more. There is a reason why they don't go on sale. And it has always been like this. Of course, sales are gone at another level due to Switch's success but first party sales of Nintendo's games has always been the strongest.

he is helping nintendo, why you jelly goddamn NRI <_< 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sach4life said:

MS creates blue print for success. They already have a Nintendo sized company on their own platform (Steam) and are helping it reach new heights. Their position is solid. 

Nintendo most importantly needs to be cool among kids. It should be talk of the town in schools and among kids who are growing up playing games like Minecraft, Fortnite, GTA on their ipads/pcs. Consoles unfortunately are not seen favourably as of now.

I know, a lot of people think selling 30 million is a lot but ceiling is much higher now.

13 minutes ago, harjas said:

thanks for sharing bro, Nintendo was surely baffled on how to run their console business.
Surely they would have gone bankrupt if you wouldn't have posted this

god bless

I want consoles and current game controllers to last as long as possible.

You should also come up with stuff that helps Nintendo.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vaibhavp said:

MS creates blue print for success. They already have a Nintendo sized company on their own platform (Steam) and are helping it reach new heights. Their position is solid. 

:rofl: :rofl:

You live in a diff world than us mortals.

• Haha 2