Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

2 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Anyone see Crawl? Worth going to the theater? The reviews and the trailer were both pretty good. 

Have tickets booked for tomorrow night.

I figured it might be a fun watch from what I've seen and read.

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Anyone have any idea if the Korean movie "Parasite" will release in India? Absolutely loved the trailer, and since I watch Korean TV Shows these days, it seems right up my alley. Looks to be one of the best movies of the year.

No news about an Indian release as of now.

I doubt it will release in India. But can't rule it out completely either as vkaao has been bringing some international movies here lately (the Japanese movie Shoplifters had released here a month or so ago).

The movie will probably be slightly censored even if it does end up releasing here though. So just watch it now as it is readily available (if you know what I mean) and watch it again if it releases here later :P

• Like 2

https://fortune.com/2019/08/20/whistleblower-allegations-disney/

Lol. Disney have allegedly overstated revenue by billions of dollars over the years. Former accountant has made statements to SEC too. Im prob a little late but still...

Edited by kmkaks

14 hours ago, SpearHea:D said:

You know where to look at. Its a great movie.

Ugh; I know we can get it at "Those Places". But still wanted to support the developers, and maybe see at a big screen while at it.

12 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Have tickets booked for tomorrow night.

I figured it might be a fun watch from what I've seen and read.

No news about an Indian release as of now.

I doubt it will release in India. But can't rule it out completely either as vkaao has been bringing some international movies here lately (the Japanese movie Shoplifters had released here a month or so ago).

The movie will probably be slightly censored even if it does end up releasing here though. So just watch it now as it is readily available (if you know what I mean) and watch it again if it releases here later :P

WTF I didn't even hear about the Japanese movie's release. Would have loved to see it. Japanese movies are rare enough here as it is. Was it even released in Mumbai area?

Saw Train to Busan some 2 years ago on theatres, but they had brought the English Dub over here, and that definitely took away from the experience.

BTW any further word on that Anime movie Vkaao was supposed to be releasing here?

2 hours ago, roun90 said:

WTF I didn't even hear about the Japanese movie's release. Would have loved to see it. Japanese movies are rare enough here as it is. Was it even released in Mumbai area?

I think it released in all major cities. Even I got to know a bit late and wasn't able to catch it in theaters.

Consoled myself by looking at the censor details and finding out that it was censored a little.

2 hours ago, roun90 said:

BTW any further word on that Anime movie Vkaao was supposed to be releasing here?

Still set for release on Oct 11.

Will try to watch it as soon as it gets released coz I'm not sure how long it will remain in theaters.

Lol at Sony fanboys here defending Sony as expected lol. Just watch Sony runs Spider-Man into the ground with their shitty Spiderman movies.

Disney had major hand in making recent Spider-Man movies box office success. They have full right to ask for higher cut. Only Sony and Sony is at fault here. All Sony Spiderman movies sucked except Spiderman 2 by Sam Rami. 

Hope Marvel takes away video game right away from Sony as FU to Sony to do take such a anti consumer decision.

After all the build-up Marvel did to make Spiderman core part of MCU, Sony ruined everything by denying Disney their right ful cut.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

Lol at Sony fanboys here defending Sony as expected lol. Just watch Sony runs Spider-Man into the ground with their shitty Spiderman movies.

Disney had major hand in making recent Spider-Man movies box office success. They have full right to ask for higher cut. Only Sony and Sony is at fault here. All Sony Spiderman movies sucked except Spiderman 2 by Sam Rami. 

Hope Marvel takes away video game right away from Sony as FU to Sony to do take such a anti consumer decision.

After all the build-up Marvel did to make Spiderman core part of MCU, Sony ruined everything by denying Disney their right ful cut.

Do you realize you sound like a Disney/Marvel equivalent of a Sony Fanboy you just mentioned ?

Fact remains Sony owns rights for Spiderman, Disney came to Sony to use him in the MCU, they put forward the original deal, now they're just being a bully and going back on what they agreed on.

Also, Homecoming was garbage. It only worked because it was being sold as part of MCU and shoehorned Tony into it. Haven't seen FFH, but have heard good things about it.

And your last statement only makes you seem like a crybaby, Sony doesn't owe Disney anything, for once I'm glad it's standing up to the bully. It's Disney who ruined everything by being greedy.

giphy.gif

Sorry, I had to :D

Chavvani ki chocolate nahi hai k deke wapas leli :rofl:

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

lZWBbIf.jpg

‘Metro 2033’ Live-Action Video Game Adaptation sets January 1st, 2022 release date

To clarify the logos on the bottom of the pic:

- production company that makes cookie-cutter comedies and shitty blockbusters (they're also the ones who censored Rocketman in Russia, btw)
- the Russian equivalent of MTV/CW (with a splash of Jerry Springer)
- the Russian equivalent of History Channel/A&E (low-quality paranormal series and documentaries about Nazi
Aliens)
- the Russian Facebook, because every social network has to make movies these days

tl;dr it's going to suck

4 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Mungerilal ke haseen sapne :)

Booked tickets for Crawl. Excited to watch a movie showing crocodiles at homes during floods, which is something that is actually happening here in Kerala and other parts of India nowadays!

5 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

‘Metro 2033’ Live-Action Video Game Adaptation sets January 1st, 2022 release date

To clarify the logos on the bottom of the pic:

So we can expect something at least as good as Hollywood video game movies? :P 

Crawl was decent. Didn't find it to be great or anything.

While it has nice atmosphere and some decent performances, I felt it was lacking in thrilling/exciting set-pieces.

Still a decently enjoyable flick and the fact that it is only 87mins long means it doesn't overstay its welcome either.

Also, there were moments when the movie kinda stretches the suspension of disbelief a little too far. That negated the tension a little.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Crawl was decent. Didn't find it to be great or anything.

While it has nice atmosphere and some decent performances, I felt it was lacking in thrilling/exciting set-pieces.

Still a decently enjoyable flick and the fact that it is only 87mins long means it doesn't overstay its welcome either.

Also, there were moments when the movie kinda stretches the suspension of disbelief a little too far. That negated the tension a little.

Hmm. Gonna wait for digital then. 

I was hoping it would be the next Dont breathe/A quiet place. 

Edited by Aftrunner