The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

7 hours ago, Bluebolt05 said:

So when you take a no cost emi, the interest portion is given to you as an upfront discount and then it is charged over the duration to you by bank + GST. Remember to take higher duration EMI for higher  discount. So you can cancel the emi conversion by calling your back within 3-4 days of transaction and at least 3-4 days before your bill is generated. Bank will tell you to pay full amount shortly which will be without interest since you are paying right away rather than 18 months. This works on HDFC, ICICI & Amex. Other banks might have charges which I am unaware of. 

Check the  screenshot for more details. This discount or closer to this should be available in next few days so get the best offer on C1. This trick is also applicable on c1 no cost emi products 

image.png

Got it now and Holy sh*t you are right. It comes out to 81k roughly with the icici card. 

Unfortunately my icici card does not have that high a limit, my HDFC card does but the same discount is not applicable with hdfc ?

Also a question, is pre closure penalty not applicable if you close it before the actual tenure? I thought all banks have pre closure penalty 

Edited by i_rock098

2 hours ago, silica said:

Do you suggest buying online or through the local LG store or dealerships like Croma, Vijay Sales, etc.?

LG does not sell extended warranty online AFAIK. They'll direct you to a local affiliate who will extend warranty for you officially. 

Croma, Vijay etc are all tied up with other providers for warranty. Depending on the service center in your city, you'll either be happy or screwed. 

23 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

LG does not sell extended warranty online AFAIK. They'll direct you to a local affiliate who will extend warranty for you officially. 

Croma, Vijay etc are all tied up with other providers for warranty. Depending on the service center in your city, you'll either be happy or screwed. 

Last year LG ran an extended warranty through their website, I don't know whether it was a thirty party insurer but application and payment were all done through LG's website.

6 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Last year LG ran an extended warranty through their website, I don't know whether it was a thirty party insurer but application and payment were all done through LG's website.

Then it must have changed. When I bought the TV, only option was to go via their resellers. 

5 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Bang on, 81K using this method for a BX is a total steal with 3 years warranty..:panic:

Btw where you getting 18 Month no cost ? Is that ICICI? On Axis its maxing out to 12 month and costing about 85K, still a good deal but not sure if Axis has swift pre-closure...

image.png

Axis has swift closure too. better than HDFC. Used it once on friend's card.

2 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Got it now and Holy sh*t you are right. It comes out to 81k roughly with the icici card. 

Unfortunately my icici card does not have that high a limit, my HDFC card does but the same discount is not applicable with hdfc ?

Also a question, is pre closure penalty not applicable if you close it before the actual tenure? I thought all banks have pre closure penalty 

Banks have various rules. For ICICI, HDFC, Amex as long as you cancel before 1st bill generation and within 15 days there is no penalty. I make it a point to cancel and payoff on 2nd day so that works out fine but ensure billing date is 4-5 days before transacting. best to confirm with your bank before transacting but have done it plenty of times with HDFC, AMEX & once with ICICI. AMEX & ICICI are butter smooth. HDFC is slightly different with them quoting XYZ charges but they charge only 199+GST (Processing fee on EMI) if you cancel before bill  generation 

Edited by Bluebolt05

6 minutes ago, Bluebolt05 said:

Axis has swift closure too. better than HDFC. Used it once on friend's card.

Banks have various rules. For ICICI, HDFC, Amex as long as you cancel before 1st bill generation and within 15 days there is no penalty. I make it a point to cancel and payoff on 2nd day so that works out fine but ensure billing date is 4-5 days before transacting. best to confirm with your bank before transacting but have done it plenty of times with HDFC, AMEX & once with ICICI. AMEX & ICICI are butter smooth. HDFC is slightly different with them quoting XYZ charges but they charge only 199+GST (Processing fee on EMI) if you cancel before bill  generation 

But @Assassins Creed waited till he got the cashback to close the bill. Not before the first bill generation.

5 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

But @Assassins Creed waited till he got the cashback to close the bill. Not before the first bill generation.

Yeah bcos I was told by one of the customer service guy I won't get the cashback if I cancel before that.. I got mixed answers actually so cancelled after CB

This sale I don’t see any cashbacks..

5 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

They might have a penalty for that. For ex- axis has a penalty of 3% for closure post first bill. AMEX has no penalty. I am unaware of rest. In some offline transactions CB comes after 3-4 months, haven't encountered that yet. 

2 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Can you pay the card first which increases limit and then make purchases?

Penalty depends on Bank.. HDFC had none 

17 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

So I have bought my Qled Neo on no cost emi using Icici credit card. Can i foreclose and keep the interest discount?

Might be worth calling up customer care and getting a confirmation on whether there will be any foreclosure penalty. Looks like folks here have managed to use the same loophole with icici also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Just ordered a Q60T, first 4k TV. Will be upgrading from 1080p 24" monitor, can't wait!

You'll love it. In he mean time, 'acquire' 4k media from you-know-where

• Haha 1