~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

4 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

True for everyone bro. Haven't watched the show but I guess money gives them the hubris of thinking they're knowledgeable even about things outside their domain. Dragon's Den is pretty good about this. Haven't seen anything too egregious on there. 

I think Namita was still pretty down to earth, and doesn't talk out of her a*s. The others, oh my God ! Ashneer and Aman are like chimpanzees with exorbitant money. 

The guy from Shaadi.com was at least respectful with majority of entrepreneurs. 

But almost everyone talked as if they're God. 

Cringefest tbh. 

40 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I think Namita was still pretty down to earth, and doesn't talk out of her a*s. The others, oh my God ! Ashneer and Aman are like chimpanzees with exorbitant money. 

Cringefest tbh. 

Isn't this the USP of all reality TV shows? Especially where judges sit and judge? 

I hated reality shows from day one! Roadies and Big Boss are the worst and mostly roadies started this trend. But since majority of people like these type of shows, most of my friends are big Roadies fan actually. So I guess to each his own. 

KBC and Early days Comedy shows (the one where Raju Srivastava and Sunil Pal etc) are pretty much the only shows that I liked so far. They are technically reality but unlike shitty pretentious series these days. 

40 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Cringefest tbh. 

Peyush is the most respectful. He helped that poor farmer with an interest free loan. 

As for their behavior, that the theme of Shark tank. They have to show that they are God and try to grab a large share of the equity/stake. Have you seen the US version, considered the most successful show regionwise? Of course the US judges have more experience and more domains. 

Grover is a total a**hole followed by Aman. Love Insulting some of the entrepreneurs. They are worse than the US judges combined. Even Kevin. Glad the former is in trouble now. Hope the channel cancel his contract in the next season. 

10 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Goddamn didn't know this show was so popular

Even at work people talk about this, it comes in the news sometimes, I've not watched it yet tho.

Seems like Roadies for Entrepreneurs from what people describe it

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

think he's going to pay dearly for it too

I don't think anything much will happen. At max, he sells his share back to other investors. He is demanding 4000 crores already. Both parties may settle for an unknown amount, and he will still walk away with an insane amount of money. 

What's toxic is the narrow vision portrayed by most sharks on the show. Their knowledge outside their core competence is almost negligible. Living in a bubble. 

29 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Even at work people talk about this, it comes in the news sometimes, I've not watched it yet tho.

Seems like Roadies for Entrepreneurs from what people describe it

Yeah no way I'm watching it lol. Way too many better shows to watch. 

6 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I don't think anything much will happen. At max, he sells his share back to other investors. He is demanding 4000 crores already. Both parties may settle for an unknown amount, and he will still walk away with an insane amount of money. 

What's toxic is the narrow vision portrayed by most sharks on the show. Their knowledge outside their core competence is almost negligible. Living in a bubble. 

Especially the women judges. All of them got the silver spoon from their husbands and families. None of them has their own companies. Guess they are selected for beauty and diversity. 

Finished Arcane. 9/10. Superb show. Can't believe I was sleeping on this. Mostly because I thought this would be another DoTA which was too lore heavy for me. 

This show has absolutely superb animation. The animators and artists need to take a bow.

The story is great, the acting is great. The characters are great. I'm not familiar with League Of Legends lore so I had no idea who were the "Champions" and who were disposable characters which really upped the stakes for me. 

The only mark against it is I didn't like Imagine Dragons as the main music choice. I've listened to them too much over the years and hearing them again here really took me out of the experience. 

@roun90 I think you were saying Western animated shows aren't as good anymore you need to take a look at this. 

Edited by dylanjosh

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Finished Arcane. 9/10. Superb show. Can't believe I was sleeping on this. Mostly because I thought this would be another DoTA which was too lore heavy for me. 

This show has absolutely superb animation. The animators and artists need to take a bow.

The story is great, the acting is great. The characters are great. I'm not familiar with League Of Legends lore so I had no idea who were the "Champions" and who were disposable characters which really upped the stakes for me. 

The only mark against it is I didn't like Imagine Dragons as the main music choice. I've listened to them too much over the years and hearing them again here really took me out of the experience. 

@roun90 I think you were saying Western animated shows aren't as good anymore you need to take a look at this. 

Already saw

Also, I didn't say Western Animation is bad. If anything - it's the saving grace of Western Media currently. This; Love, Death and Robots; Justice League Animation, Spiderman Into the Spider-verse, Disney Animated Movies etc. are all absolutely bonkers.

What I said was going down the gutter was Comic Books (Already down the drain), and Western movies and TV Shows are going down the same way (By Western I mean exclusively American; European shows are still great).

Edited by roun90

13 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

What are you saying, man? Plenty of great American movies and shows coming out. You have to look beyond just the mainstream. I'd argue even the mainstream isn't bad or anything. 

Love, death, robots s2 was pretty crap btw. 

IMO yes there are good American shows coming up however there have been concerns (as you may be aware) regarding the level of identity and race politics in them. For example the Witcher and the lord of the rings are based on books based on European setting which all people are white and no identity and race politics. Thanks to Henry Cavill, the Witcher is watchable but let’s see about  Amazon’s the Rings of Tower. Nowadays  the film is racist and cannot be nominated for Oscars if there is no diversity. 

Edited by Mysteryman

Same. Loving the fact that the actor playing Reacher is quite close to the books. It's been said many times but I will repeat it - Tom Cruise was a very bad choice to play a 6'5 imposing/well-built character. Ruined the movies and my favourite book from the series (One Shot) cause of that actor choice