~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

Finished last season of Succession. I think this is one of my favourite seasons of TV of all time oh man. This show is 2nd only to Breaking Bad / Saul. 

Anyone else notice that Season 4 is often where great TV shows are made?? Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Dexter, now Succession - all had kick a*s season 4's. 

Going to start "The Bear" now. If anyone has any other recommendations let me know! 

Edited by dylanjosh
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 2:58 AM, dylanjosh said:

Finished last season of Succession. I think this is one of my favourite seasons of TV of all time oh man. This show is 2nd only to Breaking Bad / Saul. 

Anyone else notice that Season 4 is often where great TV shows are made?? Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Dexter, now Succession - all had kick a*s season 4's. 

Going to start "The Bear" now. If anyone has any other recommendations let me know! 

Started Succession yesterday, watched 2 episodes - that “sh*t show at the f**k factory” was so funny 😂

On 2/17/2024 at 2:58 AM, dylanjosh said:

The Bear is awesome, specially season 2. Check out Severance on Apple TV if you haven't, it is a little slow the first 2 episodes but really picks up post that. 

5 minutes ago, SuperT said:

The Bear is awesome, specially season 2. Check out Severance on Apple TV if you haven't, it is a little slow the first 2 episodes but really picks up post that. 

I've seen Severance. Loved it! Not at the same level as the others but the concept is super interesting. Looking forward to s2

• Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 10:52 AM, SuperT said:

I found the bear to be too self indulgent.  The camera angles, the colour palette, the pretentious emotional roller coasters or the frequent unnecessary close up shots of the actors…. I watched first season, but gave up on the show somewhere after couple of episodes in the second. 

Edited by Ne0

8 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

I found the bear to be too self indulgent.  The camera angles, the colour palette, the pretentious emotional roller coasters or the frequent unnecessary close up shots of the actors…. I watched first season, but gave up on the show somewhere after couple of episodes in the second. 

I think the second season is phenomenal, specially some of the individual episodes with just one character and how they evolved from the first season. But I get what you are saying some of the intense scenes can get a little over the top. However, I loved those intense scenes and I get why they went for emotional punches throughout the season. 

BTW I also did not like the first 3 episodes of season 2 but man - Episode 4, 6 and 7 were exceptional and the best series episodes I have watched in a long time. If you ever feel like it, give it another go. 

5 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Exactly the reasons i ended up reading the wiki after watching 2 episodes. 

Tried to watch first episode of Avatar. Found it kiddy garbage. Is it worthwhile to continue? Acting was subpar though special effects seemed good. The main character kid has annoying voice and slappable face.

4 hours ago, Felix the cat said:

Im into the 3rd episode of The leftovers. 

Is it really worth it? 

Depends if you like those "deep meaning" type shows. I can see someone liking it but also someone finding it pretentious 

5 hours ago, Felix the cat said:

Im into the 3rd episode of The leftovers. 

Is it really worth it? 

The first 2 seasons seemed good to me. Loved the concept. However they butchered the ending . But in general it was a decent watch for me.

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

Railway Men is terrific. 

Kaala Paani is terrific as well but wtf at that ending. Nothing solves, nothing moves forward. Cliffhanger of a cliffhanger. Bloody Brilliant.

OMG2. Brilliant Movie. Pankaj Tripathi so good but paresh rawal is paresh rawal :P 

Now started Dunki. That hair scene in the Salon is holy hell hilarious. 

Finished "The Bear" Season 1.

Good show. Enjoyed it. Lead actor is great. 

Started this Netflix show called "Beef".  Concept is good but its feels more lighthearted comedy type which I'm not that into rn. 

Will continue with Bear S02 only then 

Edited by dylanjosh