KnackChap

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Yea that happens when hades corrupts Gaia. She loses control of her subordinate functions. They were never AI's thus needed Gaia for their functioning. Since Gaia was essentially destroyed when Gaia prime was self destructed by Gaia via a core overload. Then the functions are just blank programs that don't have anything to run on and nobody (previously gaia) to operate them. Now somehow haphaestus became an AI. Unknown so far. Might be revealed in HFW.

The subordinate functions are always mistaken for AI's because of the fact that haphaestus and hades are AI's. Hades became an AI because of the signal and Hephaestus has an unknown cause. Another hades mystery was how it ended up in the ruins of a dead titan. The subordinate functions actuallly aren't AI's as mention by elisabet when she described 0 dawn and said Gaia will have a wide suite of subordinate functions to support her and while these were not true AI's at their cores, each would present a technological challenge greater than anything they attempted before. Lol I remember it line to line. I have played this game too many times.

Also, I played the 60 fps upgraded version. There is nothing wrong with it. It runs soooooooo smooth and satisfyingly and there is a bit of a visual upgrade too I think. The colours and everything just look nicer. Played a fair bit and no issues. Also revisiting the game felt so good. Nothing felt lacking as aforementioned. The load times before were gr8, now they are nearly twice as fast. The 60fps is the main attraction of the upgrade but they did a hell of a lot more than just double the framerate.

They are like AIs almost, and Gaia was their "boss" I think, you can think that they probably had "chains" or "limits" on them turning into true full AIs like Gaia who developed empathy, which the other ones lack, and the signal broke these limits.

I think the Faro Plague was also engineered somehow, not due to some random "glitch", maybe by Faro himself

Imagine Faro hiding in a bunker somewhere, all human civilizational science and tech intact, and passed on to future generations, who will then come out and try to rule over the oogah boogahs of the planet.

This is the only game series tbh where i am interested about the story/lore, too many ??? marks and most theories don't fit together

That's because they are all theories and some of them fit together into perfection. Also you nailed the logic of the subordinate functions. Ted faro having created the glitch seems unlikely and further unlikely that he is still alive but maybe, although can't think of a single decent explanation why that is if so.

The moment she finds Elisabet's body in her house near the burnt pine tree was a very emotional moment, better than any in rdr2 @Mr. Comingle and I still wish they hadn't shown it because now its definite that Liz is dead for sure.

Gameplay and combat is actually the key factor in games that have those elements. But a combo deal that is HZD n days gone is the best. I like those types of games more than anything. All rounder, gr8 at everything. Slight pacing issues like in days gone and slightly blunt NPC's like in HZD never bothered me. In fact, everything else was so good that I barely noticed these problems. Did notice them oc but they didn't bother me at all. They r hardly worth calling problems. And this "problem" was not at all there with same NPC's who were gr8. In the side quests I mean. The main game NPC's were actually fine if not good. Sylens, aloy, nil, varl, teb etc. Still if the story is extreme levels of bad in a game then it might be a turnoff. Like for eg. Monster hunter world for me. There I actually enjoyed a fair bit but then the combat got repetitive and I didn't like other weapons as much as the bow so I ditched it in the second region.

5 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Its flawless bro. Just buy it eyes closed. Its demanding game on hardware. So you need atleast 1050ti or above to get good experience 

Replying to Nov 20, 2020 post :P But yes have still not played it. So many games in backlog + not getting time.  

On 9/18/2020 at 9:31 PM, dylanjosh said:

Any idea if PC issues straightened out yet? 

The game runs flawlessly on Intel cpu. Problematic on ryzen. Talking from personal experience as playing it on 2 intel CPUS.

I had i7 6700k before december 2020.. worked on that flawlessly. 

From december I have i9 10850k turbo at 4.8 ghz and 10 cores...runs fine there too.

PS: OOPS....replying to age old question.

Edited by SaiKO