Death Stranding

Big Boss

21 hours ago, KnackChap said:

like it or not, kojima is a big name with a very loyal and vocal fanbase. Whether the game ends up being good or not is another question but kojima has massive following and he is one of the few ( if not the only one ) to transcend the gaming-film/tv medium. How many game directors would go on a world tour to promote their game days before release? Don't think anyone would

I'll give you a small example. kojima has around 3.5 million Twitter followers( eng + jpn) which is way way more than his colleagues in the industry. He has 6x -10x more followers than neil druckmann, randy pitchford, phil spencer or anyone really. Even major development teams don't match except rockstar, naughty dog, call of duty etc. So yeah he is an influential figure in the industry. 

I guess the game will turn out to be good. I feel like he's been trolling around with the audience and intentionally not showing anything related to proper gameplay. Just to surprise people.

Sony has actually moved the review embargo date by a week in prior. Doubt that happening if they were concerned with the quality of the game.

Edited by l33tmaniac

On 10/26/2019 at 6:38 PM, Mysteryman said:

True. Kojima is a well renowned figure in the gaming industry. However it does not means that every game he touches is worth of gold.  Can be said for any developer. I remember that the god of horror Shinji Mikami is now struggling to make horror games now with high critical acclaim he got in 90s and 00s. 

So far I have been hearing only good things about it graphics and not the game. Let’s see what the reviews will tell in 5 days time. Even they goes so well, people may not hold the same view considering how different it is from mainstream gaming genres or styles. What do I feel sad is that I would have been looking forward is Silent Hills coming out instead of DS. 

Sony moving the review embargo date to a week before the game means theyre confident it would be successful. God of war's embargo was also similar and look how the ratings turned out. Sure, the game has some non-mainstream elements, asynchronous multiplayer and such, but if anyone can pull it off, its Kojima. The world looks kinda bland and empty from the footage we've seen so far, but Kojima is really good with creating a good 'flow' to the gameplay (think MGSV). Moreover the strand system which has been advertised so much is probably going to change the industry as a whole, creating a new genre. All im worried about is how is he going to tell a well paced story with such a large map. MGSV had severe pacing issues owing to that, and i miss the MGS4 kind of action drama moments. Cant wait! :wOOtjumpy:

vdmn95vdmn95.png

Edited by Vdmn95

Or maybe sony are not happy with the pre order numbers or want to give it a boost before release. The marketing of this game has been unlike their other titles and they're not showing anything including a proper gameplay footage for non japanese speakers. Even when the reviews come you cannot disclose anything after chapter 3 (out of 10-12)

Game will look insane with widescreen support, and shouldn't require a beast PC to run.

26 minutes ago, SpearHea:D said:

It was a given that it will come to pc. Some ppl wont be happy about this :rofl:

On the flip side, it may not get as many shitposts as before.

It will mostly be. Going to be published by 505 games, which recently published Control which is a EGS exclusive. 

“We are extremely excited and honored to be working with the supremely talented team at Kojima Productions and to bring Death Stranding to PC gamers around the world,” 505 Games CEO Raffi Galante said in a statement. “Death Stranding will take gamers through a completely original experience that will delight PC gamers everywhere.”

Well if you can now play Sony's best exclusives like Uncharted 4, and God of War via PS Now on PC at 1080p with smoother frame rates as per the recent update, and now games like Death Stranding make their way to PC, albeit with a late release, isnt that killing the purpose of consoles in general?

I mean in all honesty Im on the PS4 boat only because Sony killed it with the exclusives this gen. 

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

It will mostly be. Going to be published by 505 games, which recently published Control which is a EGS exclusive. 

I hope 505 games realized that exclusivity will only have short term benefit, instead for a very big audience it should be made available on all stores like STEAM and GOG where most PC gamers go. 

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

What if it's on the epic store? :naughty:

Always assumed it would be EGS exclusive because Sony has no interest in publishing own IPs on PC, so if they're doing it then someone is paying them (and 505) a lot of money for it. 

13 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Well if you can now play Sony's best exclusives like Uncharted 4, and God of War via PS Now on PC at 1080p with smoother frame rates as per the recent update, and now games like Death Stranding make their way to PC, albeit with a late release, isnt that killing the purpose of consoles in general?

I mean in all honesty Im on the PS4 boat only because Sony killed it with the exclusives this gen. 

It will happen more and more nextgen, just pick a platform you enjoy gaming on.

Edited by triggr happy ss
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Well, one of the main draws of console gaming for most people is convenience. Not everyone has a gaming PC and your average FIFA, CoD or Fortnite gamer isn't suddenly going to go through the "hassle" of building one just because a few exclusives aren't exclusives anymore.

And I think the max resolution on PS Now is 720p. Game streaming isn't really where it needs to be at the moment.