Red Dead Redemption II

Big Boss

21 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

Can Ryzen 3600 be a reason ? Or 3000 Mhz DDR4 RAM ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Well, you can try monitoring the CPU and GPU loads while playing a game. If the CPU load is very high (about 70 percent or more) and significantly higher than the video card's load, then the CPU is causing a bottleneck.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I played rdr2. I'm nearly done with it. In the final quest - red dead redemption. And I mean this game had a good story and the combat was eh. It is extremely slow for the first 2 or 3 chapters. And u surely must have heard its immersive and it is. It is very realistic. That is sometimes very irritating. I mean for example if u r in ur house. U don't run around place to place. U walk. So even here in camp, it doesn't let u sprint. It is literally faster to take the horse and ride around the camp boundary and then reach the place on the other end of camp than walking across. So if u have a hell load of patience and time. Then go for rdr2. I mean, its pretty good. But its just the story that's pretty good. The rest of the stuff is OK. And by slow I mean the quests. There r so many quests where u don't shoot a single shot. There r lot of quests like that in the first 2 or 3 chapters. Like more than half the missions. And these r just soooooooo boring. So yea that's that. Its a decent game but its nowhere near 10/10.

I mean some ppl love it enough to say 10/10. But practically. I'd give it a 7/10, max.

Haven't played fallout 4 but that has gr8 combat and its FPS only. And relatively, its a very fast paced game. That's all ik abt that. Rdr2 fans don't kill me. This is just my opinion. And u gotta agree its very slow and boring in the beginning and gets a little better later. I mean even several rdr fans agree the combat and those mechanics aren't gr8.

Hope this all helps with ur decision.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

But R* can't sell that for $70 so nahi milega. 

Fwiw, playing through RDR online on XSX and 30 fps is perfectly palatable, a lot more than other games. Maybe it's got something to do with the slow pace of the game. 

21 minutes ago, Kenzooru said:

Just needs a 60fps patch, game looks stunning on Series X.

I have XSX but I don't want to play at 30fps.

I tried TLOU2 before & after the 60fps patch and it's a huge difference, the experience will carry over to RDR2 as well.

13 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

?
Well I finished the final quest. Frankly speaking, could have been better. Now somehow I spawned as John and have quests to do. Now I saw the epilogue in the quest list and l saw - epilogue, even understood what it meant but didn't quite think I would play as john.

I'm not rlly very interested to play as john so I ask. Is it worth playing the epilogue. Also, pls tell me its not like chapter 2 level of boring? Also I saw some stuff on the net and ppl said there was stuff from rdr1. So just to let uk I haven't played rdr1 and don't plan to either.

Also, anyone any idea what happens to Micah, Dutch and the rest of the gang?

Edited by Horizon Days Dawn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, RV1709 said:

This is somewhat discounted on steam (1600 bucks)... is it worth it? I’ve seen mixed reviews on it being too slow/boring

Also any one who played it on PC with a fairly good rig? Thoughts ?

It's slow if you compare with AC and other open world games. But it has amazing story, characters.. good gunplay and immersive world. Quite realistic in terms of gameplay.

You need a good rig for performance. Might get playable fps numbers in benchmark test but it won't be same in entire game. Many areas will be much demanding than what's in benchmark. 

• Thanks 1

When I played this game on launch back in 2018 on my ps4 pro, I was utterly blown away by the richness of the open world, story and how the overall game was. That year I also played God of War and Spiderman on their respective launch day as well. And all of them are excellent games...but this game was my personal GOTY that year because I personally love slow burner. I prefer to be immersed, to be invested so much into the story and their characters...the connection of the protagonist with them.

It might be very easy to compare it with a novel. A good Novel gives you intricate details and nuances of the world buildup, story and characters, the lore of the world. The more details there are, the more invested a reader can be. Turning a page and finding new things everytime. 

So if you have that kind of mindset and are open to treat games as a medium of story telling and immersion then you might love the heck out of it. If you are into kindda quick entertaining, treat a game like, "i need to finish it, then I'll move on to next one" then It might not be your cup of tea. 

comparing this game with games like AC and WD is not accurate. Nor I think those games are in the same league with RDR2. 

This is my thought from 2018. When I was in a different company and my judgement isn't aligned towards it.

Edited by SaiKO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The game also opens up slow. Because there are many gameplay aspects and features that require time to sink in. If those features bombarded from beginning then it would be overwhelming for the players. Thus, it was introduced slowly and surely to make you ease in to plethora of features the game has to offer. 

The PC version is offcourse more graphically intensive. Some of the graphical settings were implemented for future hardware back in 2019. But if you have a good gpu, you would have no problem to max it out. 

1600 is an excellent price for the game. Also the game is one of the top metascored game out there.

Edited by SaiKO
  • Thanks 1