STARFIELD

Heaven Angel

26 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Saw the gameplay trailer, it does look like fallout set in space.  I'm still not blown away, it just looks like a pretty generic game.... or maybe I had too high an expectation :-/

Also is it just me or the graphics look last gen ?

So i'm not the only one who also feels like this...also looked like the game was running at 20FPS or so(?)

Thank god,they delayed it but as of right now it looks so generic and unpolished for a game that was 6 years in development and worse is that looking at the state it is currently in how are they gonna optimize the game well enough to run at 4K 60FPS on XSX in just 5 months? Maybe i'm pessimistic but i know well for sure that bethesda and optimization don't go well together.

Gunplay looked a*s and felt janky,no showcase of rpg elements and i guarantee that all the 1000 procedurally generated planets are gonna feel empty and meaningless(lmao looking at you:no man's sky at launch).

Just my observation and yes,you could say they just showed a basic overview of a game so it's hard to judge but honestly the showcase itself was very poor.

If i didn't know about starfield back in 2018 and the revolving hype it had,i would have straight up said that this is garbage for a microsoft exclusive looking at the gameplay but there's some hope i guess.

For me it looks pretty meh but my god,these mf xbots saying this would be the most revolutionary game of the 21st century combining elements from Fallout, Elite Dangerous and No Mans Sky are keeping their expectations impossibly high and are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Never overhype a game fellas,always keep your expectations in check or else prepare for the launch scenario of cyberpunk 2077 once again.

Edited by BK__317

2 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Interstellar is one of my favourite movies ever and I'm a big sucker for space exploration games but the art style here is drab and dull with lots of brown's and grey like it's a relic of a ue3 from ps360 era. Similar themed games like mass effect or even the outer worlds have much more interesting look to them.

Also just fyi artstyle =/= visuals

Yeah, felt the same.

It looks similar to Fallout 3's art-style, which I wasn't a fan of. FO4's style looked better and much more appealing to me.

Anyway, there were a couple of snippets of other planets that looked a little better. So maybe not the entire game will look like this.

1 minute ago, Ne0 said:

True, fallout 4 was quite boring. Skyrim was their peak i think.  This looks to be quite similar to fallout 4.  I was hoping to see some mass effect level of story telling combined with the openness of Skyrim, but from the trailer it looks more like a by the numbers styled generic rpg game. 

Anyway, it's too soon to completely dismiss it, let's wait for more information since it's still a year away I guess ? 

BGS games always had very open nature in storytelling, very much like D&D. Bioware's style of storytelling isn't there in any of the BGS games, never had, never gonna be. 

I think it looks great, minus some janks like fps issues.

13 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

I didn't mean in any condescending way.

But you would start to question when there's comments about comparing it with No Man's Sky.

because there are similarities in what was being shared, 1000 planets, Space exploration, the overall story and stuff shall be different of course but remove that and everything and it looks very similar to No mans Sky minus the art style and all.

32 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Saw the gameplay trailer, it does look like fallout set in space.  I'm still not blown away, it just looks like a pretty generic game.... or maybe I had too high an expectation :-/

Graphics are last gen, it's a bethesda game tho, they aren't known for graphics.

The shooting gameplay I saw feels clunky, idk because of low fps or the animations are bad, FO4 shooting was ok, no issues with it but nothing revolutionary either, all standard features.

Really hope they have armor that looks like armor and not this space suit thing like NMS has.

1000 planets are a meme to grind for resources I guess, all procedurally generated.

I liked the design your own spaceship feature I saw, I think some indi-bhindi has done it before but not in a proper game.

They just need to make the performance good, I'm hungry for some space sci fi game, it's so rare in todays time.

13 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Yeah, felt the same.

It looks similar to Fallout 3's art-style, which I wasn't a fan of. FO4's style looked better and much more appealing to me.

Anyway, there were a couple of snippets of other planets that looked a little better. So maybe not the entire game will look like this.

You liked FO4 because it was colorful.

FO3 was all shades of green for everything, like deus ex hr's piss filter :lol:

Trailer footage has very drab planet, I don't think all planets will be drab

2 hours ago, SaiKO said:

I didn't mean in any condescending way.

But you would start to question when there's comments about comparing it with No Man's Sky.

People who comparing with NMS they 100% clueless and don't know what they talking about. 

You can easily tell who played Bethesda games before and who hasn't.

2 hours ago, Ne0 said:

They using modified version of creation engine. It looks definitely upgraded but still engine is old and has its limit but its very modder friendly engine and that's one of the region they still stick with it.

Everyone was overhyped for this apparently. That's why not pleased.

Even though this is gonna be something that's never been done before, PPL are not happy.

And no, No Mans Sky is not same. That one is window dressing. This one is real deal. Full featured RPG.

Edited by Vaibhavp

Just now, Vaibhavp said:

Everyone was overhyped for this apparently. That's why not pleased.

Even though this is gonna be something that's never been done before, PPL are not happy.

And no, No Mans Sky is not same. That one is window dressing. This one is real deal. Full featured RPG.

I was hyped and im still hyped. I have played every Bethesda RPG starting from Morowind to Fallout 4. I was excited before they got acquired by MS. One of the main reason i have gaming pc.

I just hope they polish the frame rate 

2 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Understandable. Skyrim also didn't have. This is back to the root to make players immersed as themselves as the protagonist.  You don't Role play in D&D as an established character. You become the projection of the self.

This term is called Silent Protagonist. The player is not an actor, it is you.

Offcourse, this wouldn't work in a tight narrative driven games. But it worked in D&D RPG game such as Skyrim marvelously. Could also work here.