PlayStation vs Xbox thread

42 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

The last time a  high profile 343 employee (a very very big one at that) shat on MS publically and joined sony (ND), she was fired from sony for being incompetent within a few months with  reputation so badly tarnished that she's now out of the gaming industry all together. 

Who?! Not aware of this, gimme names.

gus sorola money GIF by Rooster Teeth

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Bit low for people to be scrubbing through his entire history for making a tweet. Then again twitter is a toxic sh*thole.

I would expect no different. Internet is filled with losers.

10 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

So guys I just rewatched latest Sony conference. 

I am surprised that overall, they won't have the best lineup even in 2022.

Sure they have Horizon FW, GT7. But GOW R still has no release date. It will likely slip to 2023.

It will be going against Starfield, Redfall, Stalker 2 and maybe even new Forza Motorsport. 

Starfield alone will wipe it up. They need to do something real quick. 2021 is already embarrassing enough for so called "market leaders".

Dude what have you been smoking ? 

Coming to Starfield, its not a main stream game in first place that anyone will pick up and play, it will be much like Fall Out 4/Andromeda with hundreds of hours of gameplay, will be interesting how many of us here will actually play and complete Starfield..

Xbox 2022 highlight right now is Stalker 2 and Senua 2, If they can pull off Fable then we are talking..

Edited by Assassins Creed

2 hours ago, hsk_colossus said:

Gran Turismo 7 Single Player Campaign Requires Internet Connection

https://gamerant.com/gran-turismo-7-single-player-campaign-internet-connection/
@radicaldude

Hope they have some really good explanation for this. This is one of the reasons why I didn't get GT Sport. But I understood it in that game considering the lack of a proper offline mode and the 'Sport' aspect of it. I don't see a reason why I cannot play a primarily offline mode on a game I own without an internet connection.

Kinda absurd (only because there is no clarity yet), if you ask me.

If the online & offline progression is unified then the game has no option but to be connected to the servers always 

GTsport has a unified leveling system where you gain xp from both components just like any service based game 

It’s a pain in the a*s but the design choice makes it impossible to segregate single player & multiplayer XP 

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

female john carmack

Corrinne Yu?

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

Dude what have you been smoking ? 

Coming to Starfield, its not a main stream game in first place that anyone will pick up and play, it will be much like Fall Out 4/Andromeda with hundreds of hours of gameplay, will be interesting how many of us here will actually play and complete Starfield..

Xbox 2022 highlight right now is Stalker 2 and Senua 2, If they can pull off Fable then we are talking..

Starfield is like Skyrim in space. It does have mainstream appeal. Skyrim did sold 30 million + units.

Senua and Fable won't make 2022. There is no mention of release dates.

There will be Deathloop and Redfall, both Arkane games in same year. So that's great for fans.

Skyrim,Fallout & Now Witcher 3 are pretty much mainstream games 

The days of only geeks playing Wrpg’s is gone 

StarField if projected & marketed properly (& I’m sure M$ would put full muscle behind it) to be labelled as “the makers of Skyrim & Fallout” would  be quiet popular for a new IP 

8 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Hope they have some really good explanation for this. This is one of the reasons why I didn't get GT Sport. But I understood it in that game considering the lack of a proper offline mode and the 'Sport' aspect of it. I don't see a reason why I cannot play a primarily offline mode on a game I own without an internet connection.

Kinda absurd (only because there is no clarity yet), if you ask me.

The  PS blog states that some features need an internet connect.

An internet connection and constant internet connection are 2 separate things.

You'll need an internet connection to download and upload liveries.

GT cafe will need an internet connection to push new cars to the garage.

SP would require a internet connection for  daily/ weekly discounts on upgrades/parts or sales on used cars which are a big part of previous GT games.

IIRC Polyphony also has a contract with the FIA for their championships that require all championship races to be online to avoid any tampering/cheating in lap times.

Again, no where does it state a ' constant' internet connection for SP .

So I'd rather wait for official confirmation before pressing the panic button

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

People are acting as if it's the fist time a company is doing this.

This is a racing "simulator" Screenshot_20210912-211038058 (1).jpgScreenshot_20210912-211142448 (1).jpg

But Flight Simulator did not mandate it. The question is whether internet connection is required for offline play in GT7. If yes, then your comparison is absurd. You can play flight simulator in offline mode (with reduced texture detail etc, but its possible).

Don't shoehorn MS vs Sony argument where it doesnt apply man 😛

Edited by l33tmaniac

38 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

But Flight Simulator did not mandate it. The question is whether internet connection is required for offline play in GT7. If yes, then your comparison is absurd. You can play flight simulator in offline mode (with reduced texture detail etc, but its possible).

Don't shoehorn MS vs Sony argument where it doesnt apply man 😛

I'm pretty sure they plan to use internet to download textures, liveries, dynamic tour destinations etc. 

Basically populating the in game world. 

24 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I'm pretty sure they plan to use internet to download textures, liveries, dynamic tour destinations etc. 

Basically populating the in game world. 

This online requirements was in GTSport as well. 

It did not download any textures. 

How does it matter if its online ?

These arguments dont cease to exist for something so easily available and cheap .

Dont even remember the last time i disconnected the ethernet from my console ,it just something so basic now.

Edited by triggr happy ss

I face a lot of problems playing GTsport

Since I’m living in temporary setup & wifi boosters run across a lot of rooms

In these heavy rains itself there was outage from back end for days.

Happened last year too. 

Sometimes I have to skip playing GT & play something else 

So yeah games that require it as a design choice like Destiny,GTsport etc. are ok since a lot of features won’t be possible 

But other purely Campaign SP based games should never need an internet connection or a periodic setup 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

The  PS blog states that some features need an internet connect.

An internet connection and constant internet connection are 2 separate things.

You'll need an internet connection to download and upload liveries.

GT cafe will need an internet connection to push new cars to the garage.

SP would require a internet connection for  daily/ weekly discounts on upgrades/parts or sales on used cars which are a big part of previous GT games.

IIRC Polyphony also has a contract with the FIA for their championships that require all championship races to be online to avoid any tampering/cheating in lap times.

Again, no where does it state a ' constant' internet connection for SP .

So I'd rather wait for official confirmation before pressing the panic button

You don't need online connection to play single player mode, just like GTS. You only have to be online to save the game because it has to sync and verify your save for any zhol-zhal. You can play for hours without internet, put the console in sleep mode, resume again later and then save when you connect online.

• Like 2