The Playstation 5 thread

I still don't understand the obsession for Native

So it seems you like a game looking like craigfinite doing FULL NATIVE 4K rather than , higher quality textures running at 1440p upscaled to 4K ?

you do understand Native  (insert resolution)p doesn't imply great looking game right? unless the texture detail , lighting, etc are on par with the resolution? 

edit: Also just because a developer chose to do 1500p upscaled to 4K, Doesn't mean the machine Cannot do native 4k. It can, but they have to compromise on image quality. 

Depends on size of TV you have and how close you sit. I have a fairly large TV and sit at closest distance possible for maximum immersion - theatre like experience. It’s very easy to see low resolution in my case.

3 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Take an example of a castle in Demon’s Souls. The physical size of that castle would more or less be the same with much superior graphical fidelity.

If a Demon’s Souls 2 was made from scratch solely for PS5, that same castle would be 10 times larger requiring significantly more graphics horse power.

I played TLOU on PS3 and when I played TLOU 2 on Pro, I was always very shocked at how large the levels were - so unending I couldn’t believe it. Number of enemies were so many compared to part 1, it took significantly more time to clear levels. Everything is just upto 10x more when made from scratch for next gen only.

I call the load of bullshit. Please do some proper research before making a fool out of yourself. Go through few of Cerny talks and you'll understand that PS5 games can do much more with same size of storage than previous gens due to its architecture. It is already evident on Miles Morales Ultimate edition which is 105 Gbs and if you buy just the Miles Morales on PS5, it is 55 Gbs. That means the Spiderman Remastered is just 50 Gbs of space even with all those new high res textures. Compare that to the original game on PS4 which is 70+Gbs. 

Honest suggestion mate, you made a purchase which seemed right for you at that time but that does not mean you have to defend MS lifelong. You are not getting paid for that. Just enjoy you console and play some games instead of writing essays here which makes the narrative of "Xbox not having games" even stronger.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Take an example of a castle in Demon’s Souls. The physical size of that castle would more or less be the same in PS5 remake with much superior graphical fidelity.

If a Demon’s Souls 2 was made from scratch solely for PS5, that same castle would be 10 times larger requiring significantly more graphics horse power.

I played TLOU on PS3 and when I played TLOU 2 on Pro, I was always very shocked at how large the levels were - so unending I couldn’t believe it. Number of enemies were so many compared to part 1, it took significantly more time to clear levels. Everything is just upto 10x more when made from scratch for next gen only.

I get what you're trying to say and it does make sense w.r.t scale of games. But I think if you're increasing level of detail 5-10 times over last gen, you need to consider the new system will defintely not be able to reach full 4k and 60 fps, considering the resources are now being diverted to scale as well, instead of purely resolution and particle effects 

How will you manage with this then :rofl: 

Haven’t played Dirt before. Mostly likely won’t play D5

I will play Forza Horizon 4 and maybe 1 game from NFS series. Don’t play racing games much. I have spent most of my years playing PS exclusives and very few 3rd party titles

I call the load of bullshit. Please do some proper research before making a fool out of yourself. Go through few of Cerny talks and you'll understand that PS5 games can do much more with same size of storage than previous gens due to its architecture. It is already evident on Miles Morales Ultimate edition which is 105 Gbs and if you buy just the Miles Morales on PS5, it is 55 Gbs. That means the Spiderman Remastered is just 50 Gbs of space even with all those new high res textures. Compare that to the original game on PS4 which is 70+Gbs. 

Honest suggestion mate, you made a purchase which seemed right for you at that time but that does not mean you have to defend MS lifelong. You are not getting paid for that. Just enjoy you console and play some games instead of writing essays here which makes the narrative of "Xbox not having games" even stronger.

I am not defending MS at all. I have spent all my money on PS2, PS3 and Pro and all exclusive games till now.

I want to play PS5 exclusives on a huge TV and I want it to look razor sharp. That’s all.

2 minutes ago, adity said:

A 10x bigger castle isn't gonna show everything at the same time. LOD scaling is still a thing. Besides, if you make a castle, you also have to fill it with stuff which won't be possible for a soulsborne title considering how carefully crafted every encounter is. 

Yes thats what Im saying. A 10 times bigger castle would imply more resources being used to render it and other details even at the same graphical fidelity as last gen.

Even on PC comparisons ypu dont compare 2 different builds of a game. The same game using same scale and assets just rendered at higher frames and resolution depending on your GPU.

Can't compare performance of Valhall on PC to Black flag on the same Pc, but black flag running on 1070 vs 2070 is a fair test.

Edited by playstationdude

4 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Finally someone who actually understands how to do thermal and power testing. Crazy that Sony still ignores memory cooling considering one of the main reasons Pro fan goes into jet mode is because of the shitty-a*s thermal pads on memory chips.

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

The whole point of comparison here is that Godfall couldn’t touch the Dynamic 4k mark & DemonS did it 

If he means that DemonS scale (& not skeletal or engine) is not big enough being a 10 year old game 

can someone explain if Godfall’s scale & scope significantly bigger than that of DemonS?!?! :lol: 

Yes it is not the best idea to compare 2 different games.

15 hours ago, AnK said:

I think 0verlord boy here is a subscriber to Colteastwood :rofl: 

he was feeding onto his channel going into nextgen & now reality has hit him hard that he’s having a meltdown :lol: 

Hey boy.....heard of Demon Souls?!?

coming out with Godfall?!? 

Doing Dynamic 4k that even your favourite  digital foundry is having a hard time telling apart from Native 4k mode in the same game 

atta boy....go go go 

20 minutes ago, AnK said:

The whole point of comparison here is that Godfall couldn’t touch the Dynamic 4k mark & DemonS did it 

If he means that DemonS scale (& not skeletal or engine) is not big enough being a 10 year old game 

can someone explain if Godfall’s scale & scope significantly bigger than that of DemonS?!?! :lol: 

14 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Yes it is not the best idea to compare 2 different games.

Yes, @AnK don't make childish comparisons and jump up and down all excited. You ended up contradicting yourself :rofl:

2 hours ago, kmkaks said:

More bad news for Xbox. 

Ohh man, so we can expect pretty much same results from DFs analysis.

VGTech popularity is quite low comparitively, I don't think lot of people know about this, shits gonna hit the fan when DF uploads their stuff.

Right now it looks less like XSX 12TFlops and more like XSX and its 12 Flops.

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

Depends on size of TV you have and how close you sit. I have a fairly large TV and sit at closest distance possible for maximum immersion - theatre like experience. It’s very easy to see low resolution in my case.

Well, so if that is the case, prepare to be disappointed from both next gen consoles.  Nothing will do native + 60 unless it looks like it is running on Series S textures(which you seem to be fine with). 

Just now, playstationdude said:

Lol fanboys are idiots no doubt.

But there is a point. DF would have ripped Sony a new hole with their videos if it was PS5 lagging behind whereas they seem to be extraordinarily defensive of Series X.

Maybe if they give a proper roast to Xbox, they will have to say good bye to future collaborations with MS ie games, consoles etc.