Horizon Forbidden West

GeraltOfRivia

Early Impressions

- The game is visually striking, playing on resolution mode and the pixel clarity and density of the world is the best so far. Better than RDR2. 

- Controls, movement and traversal is same, nothing much change in that except you get a grappling hook and parachute (later)

- Underwater is a really good addition, opens more verticality. 

- Certainly larger areas to explore.

- Focus became more informative than previous. 

- Gyro aiming is good but not a game changer. Movement is so limited when you're playing on a couch and not on a stool. Prefer our old and gold joysticks. 

- Adaptive triggers and haptic feedbacks .. WOW!! 

- Sound has a lot of improvement from the previous game. But not enough bass when you take down a machine. 

Sleepy but can't wait to play more tomorrow

FL1OIntaQAAPAMa?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FL1OMjBaUAI3Nee?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FL1ONy7aMAMDRpg?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FL1OFkIVQAE-uAH?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FL1OK8_VQAgykvx?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 6

Saw some base ps4 gameplay videos, as expected, looks washed out....  Can't believe 1080p starting to look so bad so soon, or if it still lesser resolution and upscaled on PS4 ?

Can't seem to get my hands on a ps5 from either Flipkart or Amazon, i have subscribed to that Twitter notification, but no luck so far :(

1 hour ago, rushaboswal said:

Digital Foundry said that for the resolution of assets and the amount details in textures, you need native 4k or very close to resolve all of that detail and it doesn’t work in performance mode. They say that all that detail is a lot noisier.

Edited by 0verlord

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

Saw some base ps4 gameplay videos, as expected, looks washed out....  Can't believe 1080p starting to look so bad so soon, or if it still lesser resolution and upscaled on PS4 ?

Can't seem to get my hands on a ps5 from either Flipkart or Amazon, i have subscribed to that Twitter notification, but no luck so far :(

All the best!

20 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Fidelity may be, but attention to detail Nah..  This foliage reminds me of LOU 2 very eye candy..

Yup. 

RDR2’s slow speed of traversal will force you to notice all the little details. 

Forbidden west still feels fast. On a grand scale, it looks better but attention to detail - RDR2 any day. 

Edited by Vamos